Guyana stands alone

Guyana stands alone

There are 25 comments on the Express story from Sep 13, 2008, titled Guyana stands alone. In it, Express reports that:

NOW THAT GUYANA has chosen to stand alone in favour of signing a partial Economic Partnership Agreement with the European Union, instead of the complete negotiated text, question is how will this development ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Express.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
EmpressMenen

Kingston, Jamaica

#1 Sep 14, 2008
Good for u Jagdeo. Shows your leadership ability unlike Goose Golding. His head will soon roll down kingston streets.

Marcus Garvey predicted Goose Golding's demise
gtbq

Levittown, PA

#2 Sep 15, 2008
dont let them entrap us for their gain, they have always done this.
these people think long term not short term.
tyron

Georgetown, Guyana

#3 Sep 15, 2008
Guyana is the only country that has stood up to the EU and point out to them truth of the agreement. And that is the agreement being one sided for the EU to gain more for their goods and we (Guyana) will suffer for our market and our exports. Guyana has the most to loose from this agreement that is because of the importance of our Agricultural sector which majority of the Caribbean regions does not have one.

Unlike Grenada and St. Lucia, we are not just talking the talk we are putting up the fight
propaganda press

Guyana

#4 Sep 15, 2008
let's see how many of you will stand position and hold your guns when great white man lay the pressure on cause our OP agent already said bharrat is considering signing but with a long rambling speech and press release sayin his usual
hold strain big bucktuh
hold strain
and dont think the whiteman gon let the humiliation he got from gail and bharrat pass
EmpressMenen

Kingston, Jamaica

#5 Sep 20, 2008
The white man day done. His greed and crimes are laid bare for the world to view.

I feel melanin is the way to go in this ever changing age where the elements will eat many. The people of Guyana need to back their leader on this one. Perhaps I am a dreamer. I visualize Global Peace and Justice. I watched my parents back Burnham when Britain and USA tanked the GT dolla.

Jagdeo grow your balls and lash these paper tigers for InI ancestors the slaves and the indentured laborers aka slaves. Grow more and form food co-ops to feed the people. A fed and healthy population does not rob and kill.

"Keep it "Lit"
"Love and "Light"
propaganda press

Georgetown, Guyana

#6 Sep 20, 2008
EmpressMenen wrote:
The white man day done. His greed and crimes are laid bare for the world to view.
I feel melanin is the way to go in this ever changing age where the elements will eat many. The people of Guyana need to back their leader on this one. Perhaps I am a dreamer. I visualize Global Peace and Justice. I watched my parents back Burnham when Britain and USA tanked the GT dolla.
Jagdeo grow your balls and lash these paper tigers for InI ancestors the slaves and the indentured laborers aka slaves. Grow more and form food co-ops to feed the people. A fed and healthy population does not rob and kill.
"Keep it "Lit"
"Love and "Light"
whiteman wins again
Guyana will sign the EPA unfortunately even after all the big talk
http://propagandapress.org/2008/09/16/bharrat...
gtbq

Ventnor City, NJ

#7 Sep 20, 2008
if he signs or dont sign, you will have a comment,keep on with stupidity.
propaganda press wrote:
<quoted text>
whiteman wins again
Guyana will sign the EPA unfortunately even after all the big talk
http://propagandapress.org/2008/09/16/bharrat...
tyron

Georgetown, Guyana

#8 Sep 21, 2008
If he is forced to sign because of the market and trade which we have with the EU then he will. However, the president made it clear if that’s the road he ends up on, it will not be signed on any good heart but only to keep our market for our exports and other trade we have with them.
rupununi

Georgetown, Guyana

#9 Oct 2, 2008
right
right
tyron

Georgetown, Guyana

#10 Oct 2, 2008
rupununi wrote:
right
right
Do you sometimes forget you live in Guyana rupununi!? And the EPA will affect u also?

So you could start showing some interests and stop with the usual bombarding of the President.
propaganda press

Georgetown, Guyana

#11 Oct 6, 2008
yes rupununi stop him
have your dog pee on his leg next time u see him
gtbq

Ventnor City, NJ

#12 Oct 6, 2008
keep complaining , the thing you do best, you can have the dog in your bed, have it do it to you and keep complaining.
propaganda press wrote:
yes rupununi stop him
gtxxclusive

Georgetown, Guyana

#13 Oct 6, 2008
Tyron!These two hypocrites, rupunani and propaganda stress,they damn well know the signing of the EPA will affect them,they have too much pride to admit it because the PPP govt opted in the signing.If any other members of Caricom heads had agreed not to signing,their comments would've been different,so don't take them on they are useless.
Observer

Georgetown, Guyana

#14 Oct 9, 2008
propaganda press wrote:
yes rupununi stop him
That’s the only way you PNC people resolve things, through violence, robberies, killings, shooting and so on…you can’t settle a problem in a diplomatic way!!! That’s why the PPP in power because they are responsible and have better understanding than you guys…
bacoo speaks

Georgetown, Guyana

#15 Oct 20, 2008
The EU has replaced the Contanor Agreement with this the EPA. This agreement has not met with WTO compatibilities; the EPA will take advantage over the Cariforum countries. Their intention is to divide and take over. Each country was given a separate agreement to sign. Caricom leaders should have hold one position and have a joint agreement instead of independents ones.
dood

Guyana

#16 Oct 22, 2008
It is imperative that His Excellency President Jagdeo, received kudos from non other than Sir Shridath Ramphal, distinguished Guyanaese Diplomate. Sir Shridath said and I quote, “Jagdeo’s wise and courageous efforts over the EPA have been vindicated. History will record, and the ACP will remember that Guyana made a brave and noble stand when the Caribbean collapsed before a European negotiating offensive. ou have prevented October 15 being remembered as a “day of shame” in the Region.”
dood

Guyana

#17 Oct 22, 2008
For those who may not know, Guyana’s President stood alone and has been the lone voice in the Cariforum group until Haiti expressed concerns last month, calling for a review of the trade deal with Europe.
dood

Guyana

#18 Oct 22, 2008
He managed at the last minute to get the EU to include two clauses that he deemed, “a significant improvement to the EPA.”
dood

Guyana

#19 Oct 22, 2008
The two clauses His Excellency managed to be included of the EPA are : A five-yearly review of the Economic Partnership Agreement to consider the socioeconomic impact on the Caribbean region and an obligation by the European Union to speak to the impact; to uncover which areas of the agreement and/or their implementation may require amendment. And the second one is The Revised Treaty of Chaguaramas to prevail in cases of conflict with the Economic Partnership Agreement; the notion here is to preserve the Caribbean regional integration process.And for those who conclude that these Clauses are a face-saving device for this Government, please note that, indeed, they do not grasp the significance of a five-year review, enabling CARIFORUM to correct any identified deficiency; and also these people may be indifferent toward the sanctity of regional integration.These two substantive Clauses would provide benefits and protection for the Caribbean region: Sustaining the integrity of the regional integration process, and periodically recognising any harmful impact of the EPA. And so, for these reasons, the two Clauses are definitively substantive, and the Guyanese people must feel a sense of pride that this Government and President extracted these concessions from the EU.In addition These two substantive Clauses provided a much-needed improvement to the EPA; and most certainly, with better cooperation among CARICOM Heads, we would have wheedled out more concessions from the EU, delivering greater gains to the Caribbean region.
politician

Georgetown, Guyana

#20 Oct 22, 2008
dood wrote:
The two clauses His Excellency managed to be included of the EPA are : A five-yearly review of the Economic Partnership Agreement to consider the socioeconomic impact on the Caribbean region and an obligation by the European Union to speak to the impact; to uncover which areas of the agreement and/or their implementation may require amendment. And the second one is The Revised Treaty of Chaguaramas to prevail in cases of conflict with the Economic Partnership Agreement; the notion here is to preserve the Caribbean regional integration process.And for those who conclude that these Clauses are a face-saving device for this Government, please note that, indeed, they do not grasp the significance of a five-year review, enabling CARIFORUM to correct any identified deficiency; and also these people may be indifferent toward the sanctity of regional integration.These two substantive Clauses would provide benefits and protection for the Caribbean region: Sustaining the integrity of the regional integration process, and periodically recognising any harmful impact of the EPA. And so, for these reasons, the two Clauses are definitively substantive, and the Guyanese people must feel a sense of pride that this Government and President extracted these concessions from the EU.In addition These two substantive Clauses provided a much-needed improvement to the EPA; and most certainly, with better cooperation among CARICOM Heads, we would have wheedled out more concessions from the EU, delivering greater gains to the Caribbean region.
i am sure if the pnc were in power they would have faught the same way.the pnc has brought guyana with shining colurs but these ppp supports covering up the truth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bharrat Jagdeo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jagdeo says opposition to Amaila hydro project ... (Oct '14) Mar '15 glen lall 2
News Guyana wants police probe of hacked emails (Oct '14) Oct '14 the inspector 2
News Guyanese immigrants must be treated with respec... (Jun '09) Sep '14 Blodewedd 31
News Over 130,000 school uniform vouchers released (Aug '10) Jun '14 Woodie54 15
News guyana govt cocaine delegation in suriname (Sep '13) Feb '14 embellished 2
News How to build an inspiring 2014 (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tracy 1
News Jagdeo elected head of Global Green Growth Inst... (Oct '12) Nov '12 Bonjon 3
More from around the web