Guyana: Four daily papers and 20+ tel...

Guyana: Four daily papers and 20+ television stations but a poor standard of journalism

There are 10 comments on the Journalism.co.uk story from Jun 29, 2009, titled Guyana: Four daily papers and 20+ television stations but a poor standard of journalism. In it, Journalism.co.uk reports that:

Regular Journalism.co.uk contributor John Mair is a senior lecturer in broadcasting at Coventry University and the inventor of the Coventry Conversations , now on iTunes U . He was born in Guyana and returns there regularly to observe and advise the local media.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journalism.co.uk.

Adelle

Georgetown, Guyana

#1 Jul 8, 2009
The standard of journalism is beyond poor! Its rediculous what people are terming journalism. Maybe there is talent, somewhere in Guyana but it is yet to be discovered. I'm often bored and left wondering..."was that edited", "did they really ask that question?". I mean come on, this is Guyana and no one expects you to be Matt Lauer or Ann Curry or even Keith Oberman but be real. Atleast use common sense and think about what journalism really is and what being a journalist means. Michael Young with a fake ascent and Julia Johnson just not gettin it after sooooo long.
gtbq

Newark, DE

#2 Jul 8, 2009
ROBOTS READ THIS ARTICLE< VERY INTERESTING.

Guyana: Four daily papers and 20+ television stations but a poor standard of journalism

Regular Journalism.co.uk contributor John Mair is a senior lecturer in broadcasting at Coventry University and the inventor of the Coventry Conversations , now on iTunes U . He was born in Guyana and returns there regularly to observe and advise the local media.

Read full story from Journalism.co.uk
Foxie Brown

Yonkers, NY

#3 Oct 11, 2009
The guyana iI omce knew is so bad now . Because the people we put in to run the country is only thinking one side .Theyare only for the Indian Rich and not for the poor class Indian ner the Blacks The people of Guyana need a big change how other small countrys can try to do better for they country and the people should be proude to put they love in for Guyana. Mr COrbin and others and any one who wants to do good for GT should joine hands in doing so for a better GT. Please. Whe the ones who are runing the country see things that is bad going on in the country stop and think what you are doing is not right it is wrong but no one is saying any thing to each other Call out on othet country to help you , and see how things will work out. Mr Baharrar Jagdeo Stop andthink please try to do some good before you leave office. I look and see it is a races thing since you cane in to office you people cgange the airport name what was all of that for change the name was on call for you think that the new Rr can change the airport name in new york. TRY TO CHANGE YOUR MINE SET AND THINGS WILL BE BETTER
DOCTOR X

Toronto, Canada

#4 Oct 13, 2009
my Friend its a waste of time sending things of Value to Guyana. some of them do not even know the Value of it. the East Indian would know the true Value of things like a Computer and so forth. But the Black People they would sell their own Mother for $5.00 Dollars, the {stupid Pricks}
DOCTOR X

Toronto, Canada

#5 Oct 13, 2009
as long as the Black People keep Buying the east Indian things they are for ever Screw. stop making the Indian Rich and Plant your own Greens in your back yard. and you will get Help from out side to start a Business of your own
DOCTOR X

Toronto, Canada

#6 Oct 13, 2009
just stop buying the Indian People Greens, BORA, and what ever. guyana is Gone
DOCTOR X

Toronto, Canada

#7 Oct 13, 2009
you walk the street of Georgrtown like Robert Corbin the Family PIMP, poor Guyana
DOCTOR X

Toronto, Canada

#8 Oct 13, 2009
Every Body in Guyana Robert Corbin is a Bigest Pimp in Guyana. he feeds on the Poor, like a VAMPIRE OF THE NIGHT. Corbin SUCKS
siddiki

Southampton, NY

#9 Oct 13, 2009
foksie brung little do u know that its rich indians that formed the pnc .they wanted power that they couldnt get from jagan . but murnam messed it up by giving al the power to blacks . thats why pnc dead now .pnc messed up big time . so ppp left in charge . we need to rid the country of both ppp and pnc and afc . time for change . we need a buckman . or dougla . or mix person with no racial affiliation .
siddiki

Southampton, NY

#10 Oct 13, 2009
doctor x u look like a lost soul. u dont know if yur fada is yuh mudda or if yuh mudda is yuh fada , u really confused.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bharrat Jagdeo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GUYANA: Govt Complicity With Drug Ring Aired in... (Aug '09) Apr '16 INSPECTOR 8
News Jagdeo says opposition to Amaila hydro project ... (Oct '14) Mar '15 glen lall 2
News Guyana wants police probe of hacked emails (Oct '14) Oct '14 the inspector 2
News Guyanese immigrants must be treated with respec... (Jun '09) Sep '14 Blodewedd 31
News Over 130,000 school uniform vouchers released (Aug '10) Jun '14 Woodie54 15
News guyana govt cocaine delegation in suriname (Sep '13) Feb '14 embellished 2
News How to build an inspiring 2014 (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tracy 1
More from around the web