Ex-first lady barred from Guyana pres...

Ex-first lady barred from Guyana president's house

There are 30 comments on the PR-inside.com story from Jan 20, 2009, titled Ex-first lady barred from Guyana president's house. In it, PR-inside.com reports that:

Guyana's former first lady told reporters Tuesday that security agents have barred her from the presidential house where she has lived in separate quarters from President Bharrat Jagdeo since their divorce in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PR-inside.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
propaganda press

Georgetown, Guyana

#1 Jan 21, 2009
nice job bhar.rat
Rajah Kahn

United States

#2 Jan 21, 2009
I am stunned and ashamed at how this Faggotjagdeo behaves. It is time that this good lady comes out with the truth about this no good man. He is a typical Indian man who wants revenge and because of his narcissistic behavior he wants to harm Uma , whom I have great respect for. She has promoted a KIDS program, helping poor kids who need medical help, which is a GREAT thing for the community, and should have been supported by the Govt., but nay, these bastard(s),(Fagdeo and Co.) want to harm her. When they do this, it will affect the program. In many countries, govt will provide all necessary means to help in this good cause, but if this is what they do, then Fagdeo is a miserable homosexual who is living in desperation. He has a personality disorder, as it is revealed by his behaviors. It is time that Uma gets a very good Attorney, and challenge his unnatural behaviors and EXPOSE him for what he is. THE BASTARD.
Veronica

Spain

#3 Jan 28, 2009
This is utter rubbish.

I presume every divorced/ separated man will allow his ex wife to live in his home.

Why should se be granted duty free concession to import a car and another citizen not?

She does not have a right to a diplomatic passport anymore.

Whatever divorce settlement she believes she has a right to must be handled through her attorney and not in the media. This woman is not first-lady material that’s for sure.

Is there anyone preventing this woman from returning to her family and country of birth?

All in all she sounds like a lunatic or just someone who craves publicity.
Rajah Kahn

United States

#4 Jan 28, 2009
Veronica, I am really surprised at you. Some of the things you said here granted they are true. You are calling the ex-first lady a "lunatic". None of you women has made any effort to inspire the people. This lady did, albeit under difficult circumstances, create a foundation for helping unfortunate impoverished kids, who need medical help to have a better life-that is admirable. You ran away from Guyana to live in Spain, just like all of us. But, this woman remained to help these KIDS. That is credible..In this modern time, culture should not inhibit one to conceal abuse, but when a woman comes out to tell the truth of her torture, you guys jump to victimize her. So in your perception , women should not say anything, their lips should be sealed, "zipped".
Veronica

Spain

#5 Jan 28, 2009
Rajah Kahn wrote:
Veronica, I am really surprised at you. Some of the things you said here granted they are true. You are calling the ex-first lady a "lunatic". None of you women has made any effort to inspire the people. This lady did, albeit under difficult circumstances, create a foundation for helping unfortunate impoverished kids, who need medical help to have a better life-that is admirable. You ran away from Guyana to live in Spain, just like all of us. But, this woman remained to help these KIDS. That is credible..In this modern time, culture should not inhibit one to conceal abuse, but when a woman comes out to tell the truth of her torture, you guys jump to victimize her. So in your perception , women should not say anything, their lips should be sealed, "zipped".
My friend I have said nothing against the good she has done or is doing.

But her martial problem is private and must not be washed in public especially since her ex is head of state. She may not respect her ex husband, at least respect his office.

I will repeat she is not first-lady material if all that is written she had indeed divulge. There is a code of conduct and she has broken it.
Rajah Kahn

United States

#6 Jan 28, 2009
So, if you are married, and every day your husband physically and mentally abuse, then you should keep that PRIVATE. How many times Fagdeo has broken the code of conduct? As far as I see this lady has not broken any code of conduct. I think she reacted in the right way, so that people can understand that not all glass houses cannot be broken. Fagdeo is not God, becuz he is Pres., no one should say anything about him? You gotta be kidding!!!!!!!!!! The lady is better that "first lady"material. Jagdeo is not Presidential material also....You are an OLD SCHOOL OF THOUGHT lady, that is bad.
propaganda press

Georgetown, Guyana

#7 Feb 2, 2009
veroninca is a fraud
jagdeo is a wife abuser and they cant come to grips with that
and if she wasn't first lady material where was veronica and co. to say do not marry this woman a decade ago?
they're all frauds
and all of a sudden the priya manickchand and her stamp out domestic violence campaign is lashing out at this woman for going public when she is running around the country telling women to go public with their abuse
they're all frauds
and this attitude stopped them from saying anything when the minister within the ministry of health bherri ramsarran sexually assaulted a young teenage girl and forced her family to withdraw charges
tyron

Georgetown, Guyana

#8 Feb 2, 2009
Veronica wrote:
Why should se be granted duty free concession to import a car and another citizen not?
She does not have a right to a diplomatic passport anymore.
It won’t take a blind man to see what she is after!! After hearing her side of the story I was left in shock but after the president cleared the air with his side of things I knew exactly what was going on and why she was making all these claims.

Everything she is talking about either includes money or some sort of beneficial asset…
tyron

Georgetown, Guyana

#9 Feb 2, 2009
Rajah Kahn wrote:
That she did but what was her motive all long? That is what you have to take into consideration….

After finding out about her claims I would have to wonder if all these trips to India and else where were genuine trips to help these children of just tours to venture out on peoples’ expense?
tyron

Georgetown, Guyana

#10 Feb 2, 2009
Veronica wrote:
<quoted text>My friend I have said nothing against the good she has done or is doing.
But her martial problem is private and must not be washed in public especially since her ex is head of state. She may not respect her ex husband, at least respect his office.
I will repeat she is not first-lady material if all that is written she had indeed divulge. There is a code of conduct and she has broken it.
“code of conduct and she has broken it” EXACTLY!!

It is now being said that they were not even married legally and if she knows this then why persist with claims for what you have no rights too?
Veronica

Olot, Spain

#11 Feb 2, 2009
Rajah Kahn wrote:
So, if you are married, and every day your husband physically and mentally abuse, then you should keep that PRIVATE. How many times Fagdeo has broken the code of conduct? As far as I see this lady has not broken any code of conduct. I think she reacted in the right way, so that people can understand that not all glass houses cannot be broken. Fagdeo is not God, becuz he is Pres., no one should say anything about him? You gotta be kidding!!!!!!!!!! The lady is better that "first lady"material. Jagdeo is not Presidential material also....You are an OLD SCHOOL OF THOUGHT lady, that is bad.
I am not saying this woman must remain with Jagdeo because he is president. I am not saying he may not be an abuser. But whatever he may be in his private life, she must consider his office and show some respect to this nation’s highest office at least in public.

When he is out of office, she can spill her guts out for all I care.

When did Sheila Bernice Lataste ex Mrs. Burnham spill dirt about Forbes. I prefer to be old school/ old thought.
Veronica

Olot, Spain

#12 Feb 2, 2009
propaganda press wrote:
veroninca is a fraud
jagdeo is a wife abuser and they cant come to grips with that
and if she wasn't first lady material where was veronica and co. to say do not marry this woman a decade ago?
they're all frauds
and all of a sudden the priya manickchand and her stamp out domestic violence campaign is lashing out at this woman for going public when she is running around the country telling women to go public with their abuse
they're all frauds
and this attitude stopped them from saying anything when the minister within the ministry of health bherri ramsarran sexually assaulted a young teenage girl and forced her family to withdraw charges
I know nothing about this woman’s private life with the president neither do I want to know. If Jagdeo is an abuser there are places where she can go and lodge an official complaint. Let the responsible bodies handle it, the media is no place for it.

If Jagdeo is an abuser, why the hell does she wants to live in the same house with the guy, hell the guy had to refuse her entrance to his home. Is she some kind of a masochist?

You keep mentioning this allege rape, tell me why did the relatives drop the case, why is the media (who seems to have the real lowdown) not demand an investigation after all we can’t have rapist as ministers now can we? Or do we have a cowboy regime in the country?
Veronica

Olot, Spain

#13 Feb 2, 2009
tyron wrote:
<quoted text>“code of conduct and she has broken it” EXACTLY!!
It is now being said that they were not even married legally and if she knows this then why persist with claims for what you have no rights too?
Tyron whether she was married legally or not, these two people had shared a couple of years. She may have assisted him or supported hem along the way, but whatever the case maybe she must solicit the assistance of an attorney to settle her divorce proceedings, not the media.

If she is a gold digger or not, it’s none of my business, just don’t wash your dirty linen in public. We are a young country, we’ve lost much along the way, we can’t afford to have such trash in the media over the head of state even if the claims are true.
When he is out of office, she can bray as much as she wants.

Sarkozy the French president seems to be having martial problems but his wife is not screaming her head off to the media. We all see the coolness between these two people, but she stands by his side. This is respect for the countries highest office.
pilot102

Piscataway, NJ

#14 Feb 2, 2009
Veronica wrote:
<quoted text>I know nothing about this woman’s private life with the president neither do I want to know. If Jagdeo is an abuser there are places where she can go and lodge an official complaint. Let the responsible bodies handle it, the media is no place for it.
If Jagdeo is an abuser, why the hell does she wants to live in the same house with the guy, hell the guy had to refuse her entrance to his home. Is she some kind of a masochist?
You keep mentioning this allege rape, tell me why did the relatives drop the case, why is the media (who seems to have the real lowdown) not demand an investigation after all we can’t have rapist as ministers now can we? Or do we have a cowboy regime in the country?
V, i dont know the facts, but what i can tell you is you can do what ever you want in Guyana and pay a few thousand to get away with it. Just a few days ago 4 men got off murder charges.WHY ? The victim said he no longer want to go on with the case.Four men 50,000 each to some Guyanese that's alot of money.Someone i know shot someone with a unlicense pistol he paid out 260,0000 and that's the end of the story.
Veronica

Olot, Spain

#15 Feb 2, 2009
pilot102 wrote:
<quoted text>V, i dont know the facts, but what i can tell you is you can do what ever you want in Guyana and pay a few thousand to get away with it. Just a few days ago 4 men got off murder charges.WHY ? The victim said he no longer want to go on with the case.Four men 50,000 each to some Guyanese that's alot of money.Someone i know shot someone with a unlicense pistol he paid out 260,0000 and that's the end of the story.
Well in such case I should return to Gy. piss off some guy so that he ends up kicking my behind, lodge a complaint and let him pay me to drop it.

In other words you can buy your way out of everything. On the one hand that’s okay by me on the other hand it makes room for lots of lawlessness.
Rajah Kahn

United States

#16 Feb 3, 2009
Veronica wrote:
<quoted text>I am not saying this woman must remain with Jagdeo because he is president. I am not saying he may not be an abuser. But whatever he may be in his private life, she must consider his office and show some respect to this nation’s highest office at least in public.
When he is out of office, she can spill her guts out for all I care.
When did Sheila Bernice Lataste ex Mrs. Burnham spill dirt about Forbes. I prefer to be old school/ old thought.
Good or bad for you, i don't know.
Veronica, in my younger days as a boy growing up in Corentyne, I have seen my neighbor, beaten up by her husband, and left hanging half-naked on the gate, many times, she was burnt by her husband with his cigarette butts, yet she did not leave him. She suffered all these tortures in SILENCE. There are many others who met with the same fate, but kept quiet. Once I asked, the lady why she didn't leave him or reported him, but she looked at me, as if this is her destiny. Yeah, it is a private matter, and "your old school of thought". Varshnie was the same, yeah she had to live by the "code of conduct". So, she had to stay quiet, or else she would break the code of conduct. So she did break the conduct, but that is bad, becuz the PRES is God,and she should not....break that conduct.. You know, Veronica, I think you are on drugs.
Veronica

Almería, Spain

#17 Feb 3, 2009
Rajah Kahn wrote:
<quoted text>
Good or bad for you, i don't know.
Veronica, in my younger days as a boy growing up in Corentyne, I have seen my neighbor, beaten up by her husband, and left hanging half-naked on the gate, many times, she was burnt by her husband with his cigarette butts, yet she did not leave him. She suffered all these tortures in SILENCE. There are many others who met with the same fate, but kept quiet. Once I asked, the lady why she didn't leave him or reported him, but she looked at me, as if this is her destiny. Yeah, it is a private matter, and "your old school of thought". Varshnie was the same, yeah she had to live by the "code of conduct". So, she had to stay quiet, or else she would break the code of conduct. So she did break the conduct, but that is bad, becuz the PRES is God,and she should not....break that conduct.. You know, Veronica, I think you are on drugs.
No dearest far from it, you on the other hand most certainly seems to be suffering under something. In the past most battered women were defenceless, it was always the woman's fault however those days are long gone.

I am not defending the person Jagdeo. Lets say for arguments sake that Jag is a sadist, she is a victim and hell bent on remaining one. In the end Jag said this woman is no longer welcome in my home I’m tired victimizing her.

She is educated enough to know where to go and lodge her complaint, she knows she can employ an attorney to defend her case.

If washing ones dirty linen in public is proof of good etiquette in Guyana, thank God I was born in British Guiana thus exposed to a different kind of etiquette which however still lingers with the developed world politicians.
Rajah Kahn

United States

#18 Feb 3, 2009
Veronica, You are one of those "white" slaves who accepted their strict and rigid way of life, and failed to evolve into human progressiveness..
Jagdeo is an educated man, but they love to torture women.....Fine with you, i guess.
Observer

Georgetown, Guyana

#19 Feb 3, 2009
pilot102 wrote:
<quoted text>V, i dont know the facts, but what i can tell you is you can do what ever you want in Guyana and pay a few thousand to get away with it. Just a few days ago 4 men got off murder charges.WHY ? The victim said he no longer want to go on with the case.Four men 50,000 each to some Guyanese that's alot of money.Someone i know shot someone with a unlicense pistol he paid out 260,0000 and that's the end of the story.
Well if your such a dedicated citizen why don't you report this...and feel good about it tomorrow...
Observer

Georgetown, Guyana

#20 Feb 3, 2009
Rajah Kahn wrote:
Veronica, You are one of those "white" slaves who accepted their strict and rigid way of life, and failed to evolve into human progressiveness..
Jagdeo is an educated man, but they love to torture women.....Fine with you, i guess.
He's educated!! thats right, he's too smart and too much of a good person to carry out such a terrible act towards his ex wife and women in general...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bharrat Jagdeo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GUYANA: Govt Complicity With Drug Ring Aired in... (Aug '09) Apr '16 INSPECTOR 8
News Jagdeo says opposition to Amaila hydro project ... (Oct '14) Mar '15 glen lall 2
News Guyana wants police probe of hacked emails (Oct '14) Oct '14 the inspector 2
News Guyanese immigrants must be treated with respec... (Jun '09) Sep '14 Blodewedd 31
News Over 130,000 school uniform vouchers released (Aug '10) Jun '14 Woodie54 15
News guyana govt cocaine delegation in suriname (Sep '13) Feb '14 embellished 2
News How to build an inspiring 2014 (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tracy 1
More from around the web