Norway offers Guyana up to $250m to s...

Norway offers Guyana up to $250m to save forests

There are 42 comments on the The Peninsula story from Nov 10, 2009, titled Norway offers Guyana up to $250m to save forests. In it, The Peninsula reports that:

OSLO: Norway agreed yesterday to pay Guyana up to $250m by 2015 to preserve forests in the South American nation as part of a scheme to slow climate change.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Peninsula.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
robblogger

Wellington, New Zealand

#1 Nov 10, 2009
Lets hope the Norwegian Government promote this exellent move on a global scale; it should be compulsory for the polluters and environment degraders to finance the social outcomes of those who are preserving the life of this one planet and lifesource.
Ronald Harsawack

Georgetown, Guyana

#2 Nov 11, 2009
This is indeed a monumental move and a national achievement for the government and people of Guyana.

The Low Carbon Development Strategy(LCDS), under the stewardship of president Jagdeo is continuing to gaining the international recognition that it deserves.

I would urge citizens from across the world to urge their national governments to recommit and dedicate themselves to the preservation of the environment and fight against climate change.

Guyana's model is more than adequate.

Since: May 09

Georgetown, Guyana

#3 Nov 11, 2009
This has been a huge help to Guyana with the LCDS.
The President has went to and fro fighting for our forest and as we all can see it paying off!
siddiki

Sag Harbor, NY

#4 Nov 12, 2009
you dumb stupid coolie azz where is the money . its promises opver a few years . just watch anbd see . jukdeo making deals underhand to get money . hes selling forests to the best dealer he camn find . he gon make it look like he giving part of the forest for someone to take care of it . he couldnt take care of his wife . how can he take care of guyana .where is the job creation . its the people who helping guyana . not jukdeo.barrels and US$$$ helping guyana .and drugs too. lots of businessmen selling coke and opening business . they dont work . all they do is pay off ppp members and police etc .

Georgetown, Guyana

#5 Nov 13, 2009
Time does surly tell.
Sixteen years ago Guyana was a plain wreck with no survivors.
How pitiful it was indeed, today Guyana is getting MILLIONS for the preservation of our forest, Guyana is at its highest peak these past few years under the present administration.
siddiki

Sag Harbor, NY

#6 Nov 13, 2009
antyman observer why is it so many indians running away from guyana . they still going to canada as refugees .they buying visas . they running to trinidad, barbados, antigue, jamaica , venezuela, brazil, and suriname . 16 years ago there was not even quarter of the crime and deaths as we see now .desmond hoyte had just opened up guyana . but because the pnc mess up , he had to pay.

Georgetown, Guyana

#8 Nov 14, 2009
siddiki wrote:
antyman observer why is it so many indians running away from guyana . they still going to canada as refugees .they buying visas . they running to trinidad, barbados, antigue, jamaica , venezuela, brazil, and suriname . 16 years ago there was not even quarter of the crime and deaths as we see now .desmond hoyte had just opened up guyana . but because the pnc mess up , he had to pay.
The Government doesn't visit every home and gun point them to migrate from Guyana, its their choice.
Crimes have deducted in Guyana and the only ones encouraging this nonsense are people like you who sees no development.
Martin

Canada

#9 Nov 15, 2009
I don't think Guyana will be collecting any money from Norway. Norway has bad financial problems right now. Why would they give Guyana 250 million when their sister country Iceland is flat broke. It just do not make any sense.
siddiki

Sag Harbor, NY

#10 Nov 15, 2009
antyman observer i think you smell like your mother crotch thats why you talking nonsense .check the us embassy and see the long lines . people running from guyana . too much blackout. it worse than burnam times . too much killing . look what that big fat gay jukdeo did to his wife . he fooled her . he never married her legally . but to be president he fooled everyone that he can do it . anyone who is not gay will kiss varshnie from head to toe . shes so pretty and sexy . poor aunty bharati couldnt love a woman . but he smart. he dont have to get a divorce .he can make love to kwame and corbin now .
siddiki

Sag Harbor, NY

#11 Nov 15, 2009
Ob_server wrote:
<quoted text>
The Government doesn't visit every home and gun point them to migrate from Guyana, its their choice.
Crimes have deducted in Guyana and the only ones encouraging this nonsense are people like you who sees no development.
antyman observer im not talking about development . im talking about what you can see if you look around . like how old dankey green running GT . you just look and see and make comments .what developments did the ppp do for guyana besides , more blackoputs , more killings/rapings, more deaths,more crime , more police and army involved in crimes , more prisoners escaping , more joy rides all over like a chicken without a head , more prostitution, more rum shops , more drugs , more criminals bribing ppp members , i can go on listing tons of shyt they doing .

Georgetown, Guyana

#12 Nov 17, 2009
Martin wrote:
I don't think Guyana will be collecting any money from Norway. Norway has bad financial problems right now. Why would they give Guyana 250 million when their sister country Iceland is flat broke. It just do not make any sense.
Its common sense Martin, if you owe some one some money the little that you have you would pay a bit then try to invest the rest so that it could grow to pay the rest and still have remaining to satisfy you. This is exactly what Norway is doing.

They see the opportunities that Guyana has to offer and the many fields to invest in.
siddiki

Wayne, NJ

#13 Nov 17, 2009
observer you now telling the people that you are smarter than jukdeo. why dont you advise him . go be his wife or man . maybe guyana can have mutant babies from you and jukdeo. they wont need food and water . you dumb stupid kockahole
Martin

Edmonton, Canada

#14 Nov 18, 2009
I will only believe Norway will give Guyana that money when they present a cheque to the Guyana government for that amount. It simply does not make any sense at this time. Guyana is not that well know of a country to get that type of money from Norway. It does not add up.

I wish if Norway would give Guyana that money but I simply do not believe that. I feel the same way I felt when I would hear on the Radio in the 1980s about all the loans Guyana was getting under Burnham and Hoyte to do projects such as irrigation for farmers etc around the country. I was thinking this is not something good. These rulers should not do this because eventually the money has to be payed back with interest and these projects are just short term.

Georgetown, Guyana

#15 Nov 19, 2009
Norway and Guyana are two independent countries, this isn't a play field with children making arrangements to play hop scotch!

When Norway says their gonna assist Guyana in the fight against climate changes; they will.
siddiki

Sag Harbor, NY

#16 Nov 19, 2009
observer when i hear jukdeo say he gon save your forest i know he wont shave yuh beety hairs . thats to protect yur shyt from drying up in yur azz hole heh heh

Georgetown, Guyana

#17 Nov 20, 2009
Today many around the world have been introduce and educated with the effects of climate change.

Guyana has played a major role in encouraging many to support deforestation...

We must now stand on our feet and help save our forest and prevent climate to change in our country.
siddiki

Sag Harbor, NY

#18 Nov 20, 2009
antyman observer it looks like jukdeo saving the forest to hump your kockahole so no one can see . you him and kwame and corbin and benchop gon do sadamite in the bushes and use the leaves to wipe your kockaholes .
siddiki

Sag Harbor, NY

#19 Nov 20, 2009
observer you must stand on your feet and suck jukdeo lil slimy ockra .you koker beety coolie bytch .

Georgetown, Guyana

#20 Nov 28, 2009
Whilst Gambia is under investigation Guyana and other countries which H.E Jagdeo had lead in the fight against climate change has been promised by the Commonwealth summit US$10Bln to help developing countries cope with the impact of climate change...
siddiki

Southampton, NY

#21 Nov 29, 2009
antyman observer your daddy raped you and you got stupid .when is the money coming . i hope jukdeo dont shove all that money up your kockahole or action speak louder than words you fool . when jukdeo jook you azz he dont make promises . he do it .you gon die like mark benshop wife man .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bharrat Jagdeo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GUYANA: Govt Complicity With Drug Ring Aired in... (Aug '09) Apr '16 INSPECTOR 8
News Jagdeo says opposition to Amaila hydro project ... (Oct '14) Mar '15 glen lall 2
News Guyana wants police probe of hacked emails (Oct '14) Oct '14 the inspector 2
News Guyanese immigrants must be treated with respec... (Jun '09) Sep '14 Blodewedd 31
News Over 130,000 school uniform vouchers released (Aug '10) Jun '14 Woodie54 15
News guyana govt cocaine delegation in suriname (Sep '13) Feb '14 embellished 2
News How to build an inspiring 2014 (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tracy 1
More from around the web