Guyana leader pardons ex-lawmaker in treason case

Dec 1, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: PR-inside.com

Guyana's president has pardoned a former opposition legislator who had been accused of treason.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Dec 11, 2008
pilot 102

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 2, 2008
 
This one smells, and it stinks. How the hell can you jail one guy/ Mark for years. And let the other guy go free by way of a pardon.I don't know what Bynoe did or did not do, what I do know is he was on the run since around 2002 he did not have the oools to stay around and defend him self. Look out, I think this a set up by the Prez,I think the Prez is about to pardon a big fish sometime soon. Someone is going to have a bright Christmas.
tyron

Georgetown, Guyana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 3, 2008
 
pilot 102 wrote:
This one smells, and it stinks. How the hell can you jail one guy/ Mark for years. And let the other guy go free by way of a pardon.I don't know what Bynoe did or did not do, what I do know is he was on the run since around 2002 he did not have the oools to stay around and defend him self. Look out, I think this a set up by the Prez,I think the Prez is about to pardon a big fish sometime soon. Someone is going to have a bright Christmas.
Both Mark and Bynoe were in on this and I think it is only fair if one was pardoned the other must be too.
Regardless the 5 years imprisonment Mark faced, he suffered for both of them at the same time in there whilst Bynoe was suffering similarly by being restricted to only the bush fearful of being caught by the police.
tyron

Georgetown, Guyana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 3, 2008
 
In keeping with the Christmas spirit and having a good heart the President decided to pardon treason accused Bynoe for his acts on July 3, 2002.
Bynoe has expressed his sincere regrets of what took place and asked for pardon in saying he totally used the wrong concept of going about protesting for the people of Kwakwani and he was truly sorry for what had resulted due to that.
pilot 102

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 8, 2008
 
tyron wrote:
In keeping with the Christmas spirit and having a good heart the President decided to pardon treason accused Bynoe for his acts on July 3, 2002.
Bynoe has expressed his sincere regrets of what took place and asked for pardon in saying he totally used the wrong concept of going about protesting for the people of Kwakwani and he was truly sorry for what had resulted due to that.
Lets see what your excuse would be when your prez pardon one of Guyana drug dealers.It's only a metter of time.
gtxxclusive

Georgetown, Guyana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 8, 2008
 
pilot 102 wrote:
<quoted text> Lets see what your excuse would be when your prez pardon one of Guyana drug dealers.It's only a metter of time.
The guy is the president,if he wants to pardon someone there is nothing the general public can do about it.I don't think he would pardon some drugs dealer because this govt is against criminals and drug dealers.
Observer

Georgetown, Guyana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 10, 2008
 
pilot 102 wrote:
<quoted text> Lets see what your excuse would be when your prez pardon one of Guyana drug dealers.It's only a metter of time.
Making the right decisions and doing the right thing is what H.E Jagdeo does best...if he wants to pardon these men, well he has the right to do so and I'm sure he knows what he is doing...he's against criminal acts, he would never pardon a drug dealer. instead he would leave him to the be justified accordingly...
bacoo speaks

Georgetown, Guyana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 11, 2008
 
If treason is committed anywhere around the world, the accused is jailed. This move by the President is a good gesture and must be congratulated for his efforts are seeing peace and unity prevails in Guyana. Not just one but two persons have been pardon by the president, Mark Benchop was release in 2007 and Philip Bynoe late of this year.
Congrats to President Jagdeo for promoting peace, unity and the development of Guyana

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bharrat Jagdeo Discussions

Search the Bharrat Jagdeo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Over 130,000 school uniform vouchers released (Aug '10) Jun '14 Woodie54 15
Guyanese immigrants must be treated with respec... (Jun '09) May '14 Woodie54 28
guyana govt cocaine delegation in suriname (Sep '13) Feb '14 embellished 2
How to build an inspiring 2014 (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tracy 1
Jagdeo elected head of Global Green Growth Inst... (Oct '12) Nov '12 Bonjon 3
guyana's president hanging with ed ahmad & othe... (Jun '12) Jun '12 kwame 2
Jagdeo: Stop sleep-walking on climate change (Apr '12) Apr '12 Nana 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••