Pushed to lead opposition coalition, ...

Pushed to lead opposition coalition, Joe Singh has - no plans'

There are 5 comments on the Stabroek News story from Jun 27, 2010, titled Pushed to lead opposition coalition, Joe Singh has - no plans'. In it, Stabroek News reports that:

With strong emphasis on his reputation for quality leadership, Major General Joe Singh is being quietly pushed as the person to lead an opposition coalition at next year's general elections.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Stabroek News.

Dr Siddiki

Centereach, NY

#1 Jun 29, 2010
joe singh is a dead old asz hole like aszhole green who run gt .they are history . no one needs pensioners to run guyana . we need vibrant intelligent ppl .no more gays .no more pnc .no more ppp .
Robby

Woodhaven, NY

#2 Jun 30, 2010
Dr Siddiki wrote:
joe singh is a dead old asz hole like aszhole green who run gt .they are history . no one needs pensioners to run guyana . we need vibrant intelligent ppl .no more gays .no more pnc .no more ppp .
I totally agree with you on this , doctor. Well said and that was humorous. As usual you write with humor, that makes a lot of sense.
Dr Siddiki

Centereach, NY

#3 Jun 30, 2010
ty robby .he made enuff money under pnc and ppp .what the hell he gon do with all that money .hes a greedy sucker .old farts .never contented till they die .we dont need no history ppl in the future of guyana .if those young pnc members dont try to get rid of the old donkeys they will always lose .ppp will lose soon .only a matter of time .amerindians need to step up their aszes and stop looking like buck ppl .
TRUTH

Georgetown, Guyana

#4 Jul 1, 2010
joe singh is in no way suite or qualified,not even mentally fit to be the president or better yet run this country.how in the world yo gone put an old man that talk a lot of nonsense to run a country
Veronica

La Oliva, Spain

#5 Jul 2, 2010
This is Politics, politics as I know it. Joe Singh climbed through the ranks under Burnham. As such he had the respect of many men. He crossed the ethnic lines just as Jagan did in the begin years of the PPP.

Because the majority of Guyanese votes along racial lines, Singh as leader of a coalition of the opposition could pull in votes however the opposition would have to function along the lines outlined by Roopnarine.

Not wanting to be accused again of anything in such short period of time I will not use America as an example so I am using Europe.
Although each European country is free to manage its household, it is the Union that dictates the laws and regulations. Another example, queen Elizabeth and Beatrix both are heads of state, however it is parliament that really rules. What I am trying to say is, although Singh (if chosen) would be the leader, doesn't necessarily means he is the ruler.

My dear friends, Robby and Siddiki whether you disagree with Singh being the chosen opposition leader or not is in my view not seeing the bigger picture. I would place emphasis on the signal such a move sends to the general public.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bharrat Jagdeo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GUYANA: Govt Complicity With Drug Ring Aired in... (Aug '09) Apr '16 INSPECTOR 8
News Jagdeo says opposition to Amaila hydro project ... (Oct '14) Mar '15 glen lall 2
News Guyana wants police probe of hacked emails (Oct '14) Oct '14 the inspector 2
News Guyanese immigrants must be treated with respec... (Jun '09) Sep '14 Blodewedd 31
News Over 130,000 school uniform vouchers released (Aug '10) Jun '14 Woodie54 15
News guyana govt cocaine delegation in suriname (Sep '13) Feb '14 embellished 2
News How to build an inspiring 2014 (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tracy 1
More from around the web