Guyanese immigrants must be treated w...

Guyanese immigrants must be treated with respect a " President

There are 31 comments on the Stabroek News story from Jun 28, 2009, titled Guyanese immigrants must be treated with respect a " President. In it, Stabroek News reports that:

The treatment of Guyanese immigrants in other countries continues to be of great concern to President Bharrat Jagdeo and he is urging that they be treated with a oerespecta and a oedignitya wherever they go.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Stabroek News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Snakey

Kitchener, Canada

#24 Jan 10, 2014
to: "Alvin Stoopid Khan". I dont know where you are from. You certainly can't be Guyanese. But it look like wan Guyanese man ah "service" yuh wife prapa good and dat mek you angry.
embellished

Bronx, NY

#25 Feb 2, 2014
Quite recently ,there has been a numerous amount of bad news flung around about our country,true or false ,it remains to be proven ,so ,do be careful of what you get involved in, and that includes you.
embellished

Bronx, NY

#26 Feb 2, 2014
Guyanese are in need of very serious brain training not brain washing there's a big difference.
embellished

Bronx, NY

#27 Mar 16, 2014
In attempting to make a general statement concerning the treat of GUYANESE abroad , ones attitude alone speaks for itself so ,just don t give anyone the chance to wrongfully judge you in foreign cultures, it all begins at home.GOOD LUCK
Woodie54

Brooklyn, NY

#28 Mar 24, 2014
O k ,mister Alvin ,get your mouth in line,not all Guyanese are empty head ,some are educated ant talented and live a good life ,so get your story straight !
Miguel Mck

Trinidad and Tobago

#29 May 7, 2014
I know I live with one, they are disgusting illiterate people who love to argue and lie
Miguel Mck

Trinidad and Tobago

#30 May 7, 2014
I know I live with one, they are disgusting, lying, loud, illiterate rowdy people the best thing from Guyana is the gold beware of all Guyanese they will destroy your life slowly either with obeah or slow poison

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31 May 12, 2014
alvin super khan wrote:
guyanese people are like roaches and locust they are a bunch of thieves and pickpocketers bwia should charge more to deter them from leaving guyana
. Mr Alvin Khan ,what is your nationality ? Knan is not a Canadian ! So please go back to your country first before telling any one to leave Canada,
Radar

Port-of-spain, Trinidad and Tobago

#32 Sep 13, 2014
Being politically correct and diplomatic has never been this writer's forte and he is not about to change now. Truth be told, Guyanese have a stink reputation wherever they are found, be it London, Amsterdam, Toronto, New York, Miami and even right here in the Caribbean.

Barbados and the Bahamas have serious problems with them. They are known as fraudsters, schemers and parasitic burdens on whichever society they manage to infiltrate.
jnspector

Georgetown, Guyana

#33 Sep 14, 2014
Praetorian wrote:
Guyanese immigrants should be treated with respect wherever they go. What took place is absolutely uncalled for and it is upsetting to know that they have been treated like this by our sister Caricom nation.
yo remember FREESPEECH PA/ and SOUTH JERSEY
dont be scared of these corupt ??????????MF i will connect later
Blodewedd

Benalmádena, Spain

#34 Sep 23, 2014
People should be treated humanely no matter their nationality. However a persons behavior can warrant a different treatment.
A person can be judged as a representative of their countryś mentality, a mentality that is frown upon by others, in other words one is stigmatized on the bases of race and or nationality.
Guyana should look at its neighbor Suriname who is just as racially diverse as herself, yet Surinamers do not burn, strike etc at election time nor show such hatred towards one another as Guyanese does.
If Guyanese wants to be treated with respect they must start behaving in a respectful manner at home. At home you behave like beasts to one another and expect another nation to treat you with respect like a human-being when you enter their country. Forget-it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bharrat Jagdeo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GUYANA: Govt Complicity With Drug Ring Aired in... (Aug '09) Apr '16 INSPECTOR 8
News Jagdeo says opposition to Amaila hydro project ... (Oct '14) Mar '15 glen lall 2
News Guyana wants police probe of hacked emails (Oct '14) Oct '14 the inspector 2
News Over 130,000 school uniform vouchers released (Aug '10) Jun '14 Woodie54 15
News guyana govt cocaine delegation in suriname (Sep '13) Feb '14 embellished 2
News How to build an inspiring 2014 (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tracy 1
News Jagdeo elected head of Global Green Growth Inst... (Oct '12) Nov '12 Bonjon 3
More from around the web