Guyanese immigrants must be treated with respect a " President

Jun 28, 2009 Read more: Stabroek News 31

The treatment of Guyanese immigrants in other countries continues to be of great concern to President Bharrat Jagdeo and he is urging that they be treated with a oerespecta and a oedignitya wherever they go.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mikey

Brampton, Canada

#1 Jun 28, 2009
They should stay in their own country!

“Cats & dogs can live together.”

Since: Mar 08

Georgetown, Guyana

#2 Jun 28, 2009
Guyanese immigrants should be treated with respect wherever they go. What took place is absolutely uncalled for and it is upsetting to know that they have been treated like this by our sister Caricom nation.
MisterTibbs

Denver, CO

#3 Jun 30, 2009
OK! you are upset, now may I suggest you put a sign on your front door welcoming all the guyanese who is thinking about leaving your rotten country for another rotten country.

In that way you can keep an eye on your goat.
Praetorian wrote:
Guyanese immigrants should be treated with respect wherever they go. What took place is absolutely uncalled for and it is upsetting to know that they have been treated like this by our sister Caricom nation.

Since: May 09

Georgetown, Guyana

#4 Jun 30, 2009
Well mister Tibbs its obvious that you don't know we Guyanese that well...

We are very hospitable, kind and down to Earth people, and we portray such manner where ever we go, don't you think we should be treated the same way????
MisterTibbs

Paradise, CA

#5 Jun 30, 2009
If you people are so hospitable why are some of your people running away to a third world island Trinidad?

so are you going to invite all the hoodlums who run away to Trinidad into your house.
Ob_server wrote:
Well mister Tibbs its obvious that you don't know we Guyanese that well...
We are very hospitable, kind and down to Earth people, and we portray such manner where ever we go, don't you think we should be treated the same way????
DOCTOR X

Oshawa, Canada

#6 Jul 4, 2009
give respect to Guyanese in Trinidad, hell no.because Robert Corbin SOLD IS SOUL to Jag-deo in Guyana. poor Black People

Since: May 09

Georgetown, Guyana

#7 Jul 5, 2009
MisterTibbs wrote:
If you people are so hospitable why are some of your people running away to a third world island Trinidad?

<quoted text>
People go to different countries for there self pleasure...we cannot stop that...
triniislandgal

Lowell, MA

#8 Aug 22, 2009
I believe most Guyanese are treated with respect - it is your women who is the problem - from the Caribbean to USA, they find work as domestic aide, then move in on the man of the house - this has been a problem in Barbados & Jamaica - heard it right out of the horse's mouth - these women are lucky, that the wives are in the USA
ginger

Pickering, Canada

#9 Aug 22, 2009
triniislandgal wrote:
I believe most Guyanese are treated with respect - it is your women who is the problem - from the Caribbean to USA, they find work as domestic aide, then move in on the man of the house - this has been a problem in Barbados & Jamaica - heard it right out of the horse's mouth - these women are lucky, that the wives are in the USA
That horse must be a STUD?>

Since: Aug 09

Lowell, MA

#10 Aug 23, 2009
I guess so
idontknow

Port-of-spain, Trinidad and Tobago

#12 Aug 24, 2009
triniislandgal wrote:
I guess so
did u giv him a wuk over.

Lowell, MA

#13 Aug 24, 2009
NO honey, not me - not my type - I don't pickup stuff from the gutters - I was brought with class - no wuk over is needed in my case, I have my documentation!!!
You must me an illegal, if you feel this offended!!

Lowell, MA

#14 Aug 24, 2009
ginger wrote:
<quoted text> That horse must be a STUD?>
I believe it is a donkey!!!
Ginger

Bowmanville, Canada

#15 Aug 25, 2009
Come on now. First a horse! Now a donkey?

Lowell, MA

#17 Aug 26, 2009
LOL - Exactly my point - I was referencing the fact that Guyanese People don't get the respect that they deserve - It makes one stop and think - why is it only these people? I work with a few people who have employed them in the past to watch their children, but I guess, they were doing more than the job description entailed - they make Caribbean women look really bad
Ted is Daid

Glen Cove, NY

#18 Aug 26, 2009
Stay home. Simple answers to complex problems.

http://www.ety.com/HRP/race/morality_of_survi...
Ginger

Canada

#19 Aug 27, 2009
It wouldn't be fair to say that Guyanese women make all caribbean women look bad as we have to guess who initiated, requested, ordered or forced the extra job entailment. A lot of domestic(caribbean, mexican,filipino,etc.) workers are subjected to physical,mental and sexual abuse. Some are prepared to endure abuse and exploitation rather than return back home or suffering the consequences for reporting to the lawful authorities. Instead, we should weigh our perception before making judgement.
Robby

New York, NY

#21 Aug 29, 2009
Huh!!!! Jagdeo, never treated his ex-wife with any RESPECT. Now , this same HYPOCRITE is talking about respect for Guyanese women. He should turn around also and tell some of his corrupted ministers.
alvin super khan

Mississauga, Canada

#22 Sep 4, 2009
guyanese people are like roaches and locust they are a bunch of thieves and pickpocketers bwia should charge more to deter them from leaving guyana
Tracy

Toronto, Canada

#23 Jan 9, 2014
Mikey wrote:
They should stay in their own country!
Poisonous mentality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bharrat Jagdeo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jagdeo says opposition to Amaila hydro project ... (Oct '14) Mar '15 glen lall 2
News Guyana wants police probe of hacked emails (Oct '14) Oct '14 the inspector 2
News Over 130,000 school uniform vouchers released (Aug '10) Jun '14 Woodie54 15
News guyana govt cocaine delegation in suriname (Sep '13) Feb '14 embellished 2
News How to build an inspiring 2014 (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tracy 1
News Jagdeo elected head of Global Green Growth Inst... (Oct '12) Nov '12 Bonjon 3
News guyana's president hanging with ed ahmad & othe... (Jun '12) Jun '12 kwame 2
More from around the web