SADC allows Mugabe to dictate terms at summit

Nov 10, 2008 Full story: SW Radio Africa 13

SADC leaders at the extraordinary summit on Zimbabwe allowed Robert Mugabe to dictate the terms, giving him the coveted backing of the regional bloc, Newsreel learned on Monday.

Full Story
anonymous

South Africa

#1 Nov 11, 2008
Uncle Robert is truly senile. He is hell bent to dying in office so that he can benefit from a "State Burial". The bus has left the station and he should be on it!!!!!

“Try me”

Since: Nov 08

Brammfi

#2 Nov 11, 2008
If he loses what he is figthing for what do you think will happen to him? He is in deep sh#t,He will sink into that Seferehla he created.If you dnt knw ask me.
Mugabe

Johannesburg, South Africa

#3 Nov 11, 2008
anonymous wrote:
Uncle Robert is truly senile. He is hell bent to dying in office so that he can benefit from a "State Burial". The bus has left the station and he should be on it!!!!!
The heading should have read " SADC Club allows one of its members to run the show" ho bona Bob.You should have seen the type of members who attended sik!
anonymous

South Africa

#4 Nov 11, 2008
Ntho ya pere wrote:
If he loses what he is figthing for what do you think will happen to him? He is in deep sh#t,He will sink into that Seferehla he created.If you dnt knw ask me.
Is it not sad that we no longer have giants like Nyerere who, sometime ago, could not tolerate Idi Amin and he sent out some soldiers into Uganda and routed that Goon into exile? We need the same approach with uncle bobby. Moreover his eyesight, hearing and common sense are down the toilet?

“PEACE TO THE WORLD ”

Since: Jan 08

the world

#6 Nov 12, 2008
the man is awful. he needs to go. he is bringing down the whole of southern african development. who in their right mind would invest in a region with despots like Mugabe. I am sick of the so called african freedom fighters who treat us worse than our former colonial masters. these people are worse than the racist colonials. get rid of him and SADC has to start acting for the interest of the southern africans otherwise they can all piss off.
anonymous

South Africa

#7 Nov 12, 2008
bbgood wrote:
the man is awful. he needs to go. he is bringing down the whole of southern african development. who in their right mind would invest in a region with despots like Mugabe. I am sick of the so called african freedom fighters who treat us worse than our former colonial masters. these people are worse than the racist colonials. get rid of him and SADC has to start acting for the interest of the southern africans otherwise they can all piss off.
SADC reminds me of the late OAU. They all bunch of spineless yahoos!!!!

“Let's all have love, and be in”

Since: Jul 08

'Malifatjana

#8 Nov 12, 2008
Let the old man continue with his humaneless ruling system to death, there still exist a big population he can humiliate no more, there exist a big group of leaders he can't brainwash... In heaven!
Counter Force

Roma, Lesotho

#9 Nov 12, 2008
Ka setopong mafenetha ke M5.00, t'sellang ntja eeno hle banna. Ooeee!!
Felleng

South Africa

#10 Nov 13, 2008
SADAC or African Parliment is full of old bunch of fools, who are just eager to get travelling allowences, posch hotels, drink lots of whiskies while reginal problems are reaching boiling point.

This two organisations are useless and must be dismatled..
thipa

South Africa

#11 Nov 13, 2008
SADC is a PUPPET SHOW. The problem is the PUPPETS don't want the curtain to go down on them. Why bring on new puppets to learn stage tricks when you can keep us and train in new tricks (ripping the African economy).

THE PROBLEM IS WHO ARE THE PUPPET MASTERS?
xXx

Dublin, Ireland

#12 Nov 18, 2008
mugabe might as well. ahhhh
God bless him and long live robert gabriel mugabe long live.
shakaman

Tanzania, United Republic of

#13 Dec 22, 2008
if ian khama had the guts to defy Mugabe why did he attend the summit? and if some SADC leaders who didnt attend the summit had different opinions about the resolution to Zim crisis why didnt they ask their representatives to deliver those opposing messages/opinions on their behalf?? there are so many other leaders globally who does things Mugabe's way why dont we focus our attention on them as well? who sent Bush/ Blair to invade Iraq? who gave greenlights to Russia invasion of Georgia? who allows Museveni and Kagame to disrupt peace in Congo using Nkunda as their frontman? why Bashir the butcher of Darfur still in power? cant we have an african court similar to the Hague and run by african qualified judges?
Etta

Orense, Spain

#14 Jan 2, 2009
Words begin to fail me - how often have I hoped that Zimbabwe will be given a chance to get back on its precious feet again, yet talks after talks, months after months, in fact year after year, Robert Mugabe is still in power.

Please God, hear our prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Armando Guebuza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mozambique: Former Rebel Leader Fears Possible ... Jul '14 Arlindo Esperma 2
AIM Reports issue no. 477 (Jan '14) Jan '14 farad 1
Mozambique: Renamo Boycotts Dialogue With Gover... (Nov '13) Nov '13 farad 1
South Africa: Reiterates Call for Mozambique Talks (Nov '13) Nov '13 farad 1
Fury over Mozambican boy's murder (Oct '13) Nov '13 Alberto 2
Mozambique army chief fired (Jul '13) Jul '13 d jp 1
Bishops lobby Mugabe's neighbours (Apr '13) Apr '13 David Makore 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••