Yen weakens as 'currency war' rhetori...

Yen weakens as 'currency war' rhetoric heats up

There are 1 comment on the Iol.co.za story from Jan 28, 2013, titled Yen weakens as 'currency war' rhetoric heats up. In it, Iol.co.za reports that:

The yen weakened further in Asian trade on Monday as criticism of the currency's slide heats up, with some warning that Tokyo's foreign-exchange policy could spark a global currency war.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Iol.co.za.

Andypandy

Harrow, UK

#1 Jan 30, 2013
Firstly- I live in the west. It is absolute hypocrisy of the west to say the Japanese are weakening their currency, the yen, when, as we all know, the US, and uk etc indeed any country who has been engaged in QE and money printing , have been weakening their currency for years. In the meantime, the Japanese made no comment, even though they were contending with no growth, a tsunami, and nuclear disaster. Get real and honest, look at ourselves and actions first, and cut these guys some slack. Absolute hypocrisy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Angela Merkel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Contributing Op-Ed Writer: The Wrong Way for Ge... Apr 1 J_a_n 4
News German Cabinet Minister Says 'Islam Doesn't Bel... Mar 28 J_a_n 10
News German Cabinet Minister Says 'Islam Doesn't Bel... Mar '18 Roger_christian_AR 5
News German FM to Poland: We will counter distortion... Feb '18 Jeff Brightone 1
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec '17 Truth Be Told 9
News Germany's Green Energy Dream Is In Danger Of Fa... Nov '17 Solarman 1
News a Jaa at last: 1st same-sex couples in Germany ... (Sep '17) Oct '17 Gremlin 6