Igdir calls on President Gul not to v...

Igdir calls on President Gul not to visit Yerevan

There are 179 comments on the en.apa.az story from Sep 3, 2008, titled Igdir calls on President Gul not to visit Yerevan. In it, en.apa.az reports that:

Turkish President’s announcement will break heart of Azerbaijanis, said in the statement. “Why nobody would like to see occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia? We call on the world: those, who dare to bring the events happened 85 years ago into the agenda, don’t see Armenian brutalities in Karabakh in the near history? We do not have to forget that the biggest obstacle for normalization of Turkey-Armenia relations is the Armenian hostile policy against Turks. Taken all these into consideration we call on President Abdullah Gul not to visit Yerevan”, reads the statement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at en.apa.az.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Elvinn

Alphen Aan Den Rijn, Netherlands

#1 Sep 3, 2008
yeay if turkey would open it's borders with armenia than azeris would feeel betrayed( me too ) look is it normal to betray ur brother ?? NO if turkey does it than we dont need turkeyy never!

Long live turk milleti!
Pike Bishop

Limassol, Cyprus

#3 Sep 3, 2008
Forza wrote:
Why is Gul going to Erivan? Is he looking for his relatives over there?
Gul does not have any relatives in Yerevan, all his family members live in Israel.
ALI

Australia

#4 Sep 3, 2008
Reality Check

Croatia

#5 Sep 3, 2008
Elvinn wrote:
yeay if turkey would open it's borders with armenia than azeris would feeel betrayed( me too ) look is it normal to betray ur brother ?? NO if turkey does it than we dont need turkeyy never!
Long live turk milleti!
The method of blockade didn't work for 20 years...get real!

NK is Armenian, period! Sign a peace deal and go pump your oil.

Reality Check

Croatia

#6 Sep 3, 2008
Pike Bishop wrote:
<quoted text>
Gul does not have any relatives in Yerevan, all his family members live in Israel.
heheh...
ALI

Australia

#7 Sep 3, 2008
Turkey 1 4 3 = 8
Dander

Whitemark, Australia

#9 Sep 3, 2008
Anstand wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah...you are right...Even we knew him he came from kayseri but his real country is bitlis..
Are you saying he is an Armenian convert?
Suat

Cedar Knolls, NJ

#11 Sep 3, 2008
Turkey Travel Transport Tips...

http://www.turkishembassy.org/index.php...
Dander

Whitemark, Australia

#13 Sep 4, 2008
Anstand wrote:
<quoted text>
No he is not Armenian,he is kurdish like most member of akp.
Bad luck, they are the chosen ones. Where does this put you? In the minority?
Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

Ashburn, VA

#14 Sep 4, 2008
Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the founder of the Turkish Republic and its first President, stands as a towering figure of the 20th Century. Among the great leaders of history, few have achieved so much in so short period, transformed the life of a nation as decisively, and given such profound inspiration to the world at large.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Kemal_At...
Metin

Chicago, IL

#17 Sep 4, 2008
Longitude, Latitude, Altitude...

The Eurasian country of the Republic of Turkey, located in the South Eastern part of Europe and the South Western part of Asia, has the geographic coordinates of 39°00'N latitude and 35°00'E longitude . Turkey means Strong in ancient Turkic language. Turkey is the birthplace of important ancient civilizations like the Byzantine Empire and the Ottoman Empire.

The geographic latitude and longitude of Turkey encompasses an area of 780,580 sq km. The climate is influenced by the geographic location of Turkey ; the weather is Mediterranean temperate with hot summers and cool winters. The terrain of the land is also dependent on its unique geographic coordinates , having several mountain ranges, a coastal plain and the central Anatolia Plateau. The highest peak is the Mount Ararat standing at a height of 5,166 m. An earthquake fault runs across Turkey which causes occasional tremors. The capital of Turkey is Ankara with its geographic location at 39°55'N latitude and 32°50'E longitude. The largest city is Istanbul with geographic coordinates of 40°58'N latitude and 28°50'E longitude. Another important city is Izmir with the latitude and longitude of 38°26'N and 27°10'E respectively.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/lat_long/turkey-la...
Hard Turk

Turkey

#18 Sep 4, 2008
Elvinn wrote:
Long live turk milleti!
We already feel betrayed because we have such a president as Gül!
Mustafa

Mardin, Turkey

#19 Sep 4, 2008
Personally I neither like Gul nor Tayyip Erdogan but I don't feel betrayed. When you are a citizen of a country whose motto is "Peace at home, peace at world", isn't it hypocrisy not to put a step forward?
Dander

Whitemark, Australia

#20 Sep 4, 2008
Mustafa wrote:
Personally I neither like Gul nor Tayyip Erdogan but I don't feel betrayed. When you are a citizen of a country whose motto is "Peace at home, peace at world", isn't it hypocrisy not to put a step forward?
I wouldn't be surprised if those Hard Turks declare you a traitor and an Armenian soon.
Mustafa

Mardin, Turkey

#21 Sep 4, 2008
What upsets me most is that the self-claimed leftist party CHP also tell that this is a betrayal. It is really saddening to see a left wing party to try to keep the status quo. Other than that, I see myself as a citizen of World, so anybody can call me Turk, Armenian or Greek, it doesn't really matter :)
Dander

Whitemark, Australia

#22 Sep 4, 2008
Mustafa wrote:
What upsets me most is that the self-claimed leftist party CHP also tell that this is a betrayal. It is really saddening to see a left wing party to try to keep the status quo. Other than that, I see myself as a citizen of World, so anybody can call me Turk, Armenian or Greek, it doesn't really matter :)
Do not forget that CHP is the representation of a mentality which massacared Mustafa Suphi and his comrades. It is the cotinuum of the Ittihad and Terraki and it is first and foremost a Turanist party.
Ali T

Bromborough, UK

#23 Sep 4, 2008
Elvinn wrote:
Long live turk milleti!
Elvinn Brother...
the most dangerous people in the world are the half-intellectual ones..te intellectual ones know where they belong so do the not so fortunate ones..as fr the half-wits,they are the reason for most of the world`s ills...
let me explain to you why Gul is visiting Armenia ...
1-to see a football match.
2-to represent the wishes of majority of Turks who wants warmer relations with armenia
3-try and broker a peaceful end to NK issue-as azeri pm had been informed months ago about the visit-and otherwise you`ll go to another war with armenians-who are supported with the might of the russians to the hilt,as the bear hates losing control over the ex-soviets-and will kill and be killed in huge numbers,lose much needed billions of petrodollars,that could be used to enrich azerbeijan and probably even take Azeris out of poverty all together,on top of that as you`ll be the ones to Have started a conflict The whole world will be against you and probably lose NK forever...at the moment the world already accepted the armenians being in the wrong and they`ll support you and on top of that with us having a warm and perhaps even a warmer reationships with the armenians we can act as a go-between for both of you which `ll create a platform for a dialogue and a possible peaceful end to this conflict.After all armenians are not stupid to lose TR,The west ,or the world for NK but want to guarantee the safety and democratic rights of the people who live there too..

Think about it..if the Russians and the Armenians do not feel threatened by the west or their neigbours and can trust and do business with each other and prosper altogether,is there a need for war?..NO!!!

SO LET HIM GO AND DO HIS JOB AND PRAY THAT HE CAN BRING ANOTHER ANGLE TO SOLVE PROBLEMS IN THE AREA THAT WE ALL NEED SOLVING..PERIOD!
Dander

Whitemark, Australia

#24 Sep 4, 2008
Don't overdo something which is nothing more than a courtesy invitation. Armenian president simply proved what a good sport he is.
If Gul is attending, it is simply to save face and humiliation infront of an international spectator.
Otherwise there is no difference between sending a national team either on its own to a country you consider your enemy or accompanying the same team as their top representative.
It should be understood clearly that Armenian expectation of this visit is nothing more than a sportive occasion.
Do not think we have forgotten Mr.Gul's 1993 friendly remarks for Petrosyan's visit for Ozal's funeral, and refusal of Armenian humanitarian aid for the 1998 earthquake relief.
But he is welcome nevertheless!

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#25 Sep 4, 2008
Ali T wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvinn Brother...
the most dangerous people in the world are the half-intellectual ones..te intellectual ones know where they belong so do the not so fortunate ones..as fr the half-wits,they are the reason for most of the world`s ills...
let me explain to you why Gul is visiting Armenia ...
1-to see a football match.
2-to represent the wishes of majority of Turks who wants warmer relations with armenia
3-try and broker a peaceful end to NK issue-as azeri pm had been informed months ago about the visit-and otherwise you`ll go to another war with armenians-who are supported with the might of the russians to the hilt,as the bear hates losing control over the ex-soviets-and will kill and be killed in huge numbers,lose much needed billions of petrodollars,that could be used to enrich azerbeijan and probably even take Azeris out of poverty all together,on top of that as you`ll be the ones to Have started a conflict The whole world will be against you and probably lose NK forever...at the moment the world already accepted the armenians being in the wrong and they`ll support you and on top of that with us having a warm and perhaps even a warmer reationships with the armenians we can act as a go-between for both of you which `ll create a platform for a dialogue and a possible peaceful end to this conflict.After all armenians are not stupid to lose TR,The west ,or the world for NK but want to guarantee the safety and democratic rights of the people who live there too..
Think about it..if the Russians and the Armenians do not feel threatened by the west or their neigbours and can trust and do business with each other and prosper altogether,is there a need for war?..NO!!!
SO LET HIM GO AND DO HIS JOB AND PRAY THAT HE CAN BRING ANOTHER ANGLE TO SOLVE PROBLEMS IN THE AREA THAT WE ALL NEED SOLVING..PERIOD!
pretty good!
Volga Bolgar

Istanbul, Turkey

#26 Sep 5, 2008
Dander wrote:
Don't overdo something which is nothing more than a courtesy invitation. Armenian president simply proved what a good sport he is.
The Armenian President invited the Turkish president in order to initiate softer relations with Turkey. After all, it is mainly Armenia suffering from severe economic problems stemming from the Azeri-Turkish embargo.

The present situation in Caucasus results in diplomatic pressure on Turkey arising from the EU/USA/Western block. The pressure aims to attract Armenia like it previously happened in the cases of Georgia and Ukraine.

Armenian president wants to boost this opportunity to ease the Turkish-Azeri pressure, and perhaps intends to receive concessions on the negotiation table. However, this might also complicate the relations between Armenia and Russia.

In my opinion, it is best to be cautious about the whole process, and it is logical for both sides to avoid developing great expectations, particularly whilst the Western/European extremism is getting ready to rear its ugly imperialist head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abdullah Gul Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Europe should learn from Turkey's headscar... Mar '17 Gigi l_amoroso 1
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec '16 Azat 2
News Erdogan's daughter gets married in Istanbul, Tu... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Azat 1
News Turkish warplanes strike PKK targets in southeast (Aug '15) Aug '15 Azat 1
News Turkey: From 'Zero Problems' To 'Precious Lonel... (Jun '15) Jul '15 SpaceBlues 28
News Why Should Turkey Normalize Relations With Arme... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Azat 1
News ANKARA: Turks Have Taken Ownership Of Democracy (Jun '15) Jun '15 Rockstar 2
More from around the web