Algeria warns opposition against bann...

Algeria warns opposition against banned protest

There are 4 comments on the Ventura County Star story from Feb 2, 2011, titled Algeria warns opposition against banned protest. In it, Ventura County Star reports that:

The Algerian government warned Wednesday it will be the opposition's fault if a pro-democracy protest later this month turns violent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ventura County Star.

Cinderford, UK

#1 Feb 2, 2011
A peaceful protest please and I hope boutef will leave soon. it is a dream but a dream can be true

Eugene, OR

#2 Feb 11, 2011
what egypt and tunisia are goig through , we algerians did it before them in 1988, and we are in the second phase where we only need to improve our constitution but not with violence or to try to overtrown the government it makes no sense, algeria is not ruled by one party or one man , so don't forget we had a civil war for 12 years. we do have many parties and do have more than one man on the ballot for the elections, so let not go back ward just to be where are right now.

Cinderford, UK

#3 Feb 11, 2011
It is nice people want peace but I just hope the stupide idiot of boutef will go without any lost of life

Calabasas, CA

#4 Feb 11, 2011
the way the old regime leaves will be the tell. violence never served us. it didn't serve us during the war of independence. it didn't serve us in 1988. the government is going to try to provoke us but we will keep our calm. we won't let them provoke us. we know we can do it. our sisters & brothers did it in tunis. our sisters & brothers did it in cairo. we can do it in algiers. have faith. it can and it will happen. history is on our side.
and let's no be fooled by half promises. let's stay vigilant. let's stay focused. let's keep our peace but let us be all firm in our peace and what we want. we want the government to resign, we want them to surrender the power to an interim government that will change the constitution so that we don't see a repeat of the last 40 years. we want free and fair election soon, very soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abdelaziz Bouteflika Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Serbian and Algerian presidents to exchange dec... May '16 amc 1
News Building the world's tallest minaret (Jan '15) Feb '15 tom_ 21
News Report: Corruption in Algeria is pervasive (Sep '12) Nov '14 Faith 4
News Algeria Is A Reminder That Even Friendly Dictat... (Apr '14) Jul '14 Faith 48
News Why dictators hold elections: Abdel Fattah al-S... (May '14) May '14 Faith 7
News Algeria: Arrests at Protest Against President (May '14) May '14 Faith 2
News Algerian police halt opposition march against B... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Faith 4
More from around the web