Wong: Fired Fitchburg officer 'violated public trust' - Sentine...

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Mayor Lisa Wong commented for the first time Monday on her decision to fire Capt.
Comments
21 - 40 of 116 Comments Last updated Jun 6, 2011
Criminal charges

Belmont, MA

#25 Jan 12, 2010
Quoting the Mayor : ""Captain Tasca was charged with criminal conduct, larceny, fraudulently altering public records that resulted in his financial advantage."

Wow, If I was Tasca attorney; I wouldn't bother with appealing to the board! Cooperate now or go to jail! Your cooperation may not keep you out of jail all together but I am sure it will take years off the sentence!

If I was one of these other guys whom Tasca stated took this time also; I wouldn't waste time on hiring a lawyer! Cooperate before Tasca gets the jail pass!

The Mayors statement explains criminal corruption/Embezzlement/grand Larceny. Whenever you hear the words "fraudulently altering public records that resulted in his financial advantage."

Hire an attorney and cooperate for the best deal!! This is the best advice! After this statement the FBI is now obligated to investigate under the jurisdiction of the Justice Department. These guys are NO JOKE!!

Those guys out on pensions are under the scope also!
Criminal charges

Belmont, MA

#26 Jan 12, 2010
disgusted wrote:
From other posts it appears your real name is kevin. Why do you keep posting multiple posts in a row under diferant screen names. are you trying to make it look like you are more than one person or are you suffering from multiple personality disorder?
Are you really from Medfield? Or do you know how to manipulate the ip address?? What does it matter to you? You post under different IP addresses. Do you have anything to say with substance?
Darn Tootin from W Newton

Brookline, MA

#27 Jan 12, 2010
Wow wrote:
To the poster from Marlborough, Holy cow, can you ramble any more. Even though I do not agree with a lot of what Darn Tootin posts, at least he can put together a coherent sentence. With you it's like someone left their 3 year old at the keyboard as "play time".
Thanks for the kind words Wow. I know that you and I have gone back and forth a few times on things; but we try to get to the point and stay on the topic. I must admit that I was also a rambler at times, early on with some of my posts. But, I've learned that you can loose some much needed credibilty when you start to ramble.

Anyone getting a reputation here for being a rambler may wind up having no one reading their posts. It becomes too much work and time to read through 85% or 95% garbage looking for the 15% or the 5% of information.

Darn Tootin
Former Fitchburg Resident

Worcester, MA

#28 Jan 12, 2010
I have been living outside Fitchburg for a year now, after living in the city for 19 years. I have nothing but praise for the good men and women who serve the city. I have been involved in several groups in the city and have RESPECT FOR THOSE THAT SERVE!!!!! I hope that this situation can be resolved with dignity and tact. THE GOOD PEOPLE ARE ONCE AGAIN GETTING BLAMED!!!!!
Rambling Kevin

Belmont, MA

#29 Jan 12, 2010
Wow wrote:
To the poster from Marlborough, Holy cow, can you ramble any more. Even though I do not agree with a lot of what Darn Tootin posts, at least he can put together a coherent sentence. With you it's like someone left their 3 year old at the keyboard as "play time".
The Mayor articulated what I have been explaining for weeks! Darn Tootin is articulate and he offers a lot of facts. I agree that I can ramble!

You have been disputing my post under different IP adresses. You mention coherent; when you state that can you atleast quote a sentence that you are referring to?

I copied the Mayors' statement and you cannot stomach the fact that I have continuously stated the same exact facts of the case. You have been a foolish proponent of Tasca and others.

I do agree, the Mayors prepared statement is the most articulate statement that I have heard or read in a long time!

See, I have been trying to explain these things to those out here who need explaining of the facts to be accomplished SLOWLY. I have called all the events before they happen.

You always question my "FBI" comments! Guess what is next????
Not Just Fitchburg

Fitchburg, MA

#30 Jan 12, 2010
Police Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
The city council is a stone wall when it comes to bettering the city! All they do is complain! They should be supporting a Mayor whom is routing out CORRUPTION even if they are friends of these crooks!!! There are 40,000 of us in Fitchburg and there are roughly 12 corrupt cops! This city needs to prosecute these criminals. The 40,000 demands of it!
You can sit with the 12 criminal police all you want! You sound ridiculous in your pursuit to blame the Mayor for 'THE STEALING THAT THESE OFFICERS COMITTED" ; they stole, they are the thieves!!
The louder you get, the louder we will get!!! We demand justice!!! You can stand aside. Fitchburg is done dealing with this corruption as it has IMPEEDED Public Safety efforts for over a decade!!!!
This corruption is not just in Fitchburg we all need to stand together and fight for our rights! In November the Glob ran and article about Congressman Lynch procuring $750,000 in funds for substance abuse programs that his wife is either an employee of or is on the bored of directors!!! While he has never procured funds for another substance abuse facility or program in Massachusetts! This in not just Fitchburg problem all of the politicians in Washington are corrupt! We need an through investigation of the Fitchburg Police station as well as all of the state and federal politicians from Massachusetts! Kevin and others please join me and writhing to the FBI asking them to investigate the Fitchburg Police Department, the State Police, and the politicians in this state Starting with Congressman Lynch. We as a country cannot afford to let these crooks steal from us any longer! Kevin you said your self this is wrong what the politicians lets invest age them! As well as the city politicians because they are probably dirty too.

Brookline, MA

#31 Jan 12, 2010
Rambling Kevin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mayor articulated what I have been explaining for weeks! Darn Tootin is articulate and he offers a lot of facts. I agree that I can ramble!
You have been disputing my post under different IP adresses. You mention coherent; when you state that can you atleast quote a sentence that you are referring to?
I copied the Mayors' statement and you cannot stomach the fact that I have continuously stated the same exact facts of the case. You have been a foolish proponent of Tasca and others.
I do agree, the Mayors prepared statement is the most articulate statement that I have heard or read in a long time!
See, I have been trying to explain these things to those out here who need explaining of the facts to be accomplished SLOWLY. I have called all the events before they happen.
You always question my "FBI" comments! Guess what is next????
You are clearly upset over what Tasca has basically already admitted to doing. I can't blame you; so am I. You and I agree on many of your points. But, you HAVE been getting a little long winded lately. Or, VERY long winded lately.

You stay on this and so will I. But, don't take anything away from your message by overdoing it. The people really interested in this story are reading everything about it here on Topix Forum. You have made your points. You CAN ease up; no point in beating it to death.

Again, you and I are on the same team on this issue. Trust me; you need to back off on the frequency of delivering the same message. If we both play our cards right; we can work together. Two heads are better than one. But do not over do it.

Or, you can keep right on doing it the same exact way. But, you run the risk of deluting your message and loosing the interest of the other Readers.

You and I are fighting for the same cause. Don't over do it!

Darn Tootin
Maurice Ronaldo - Mo Ron

Gaithersburg, MD

#32 Jan 12, 2010
Darn Tootin from W Newton wrote:
<quoted text>
You are clearly upset over what Tasca has basically already admitted to doing. I can't blame you; so am I. You and I agree on many of your points. But, you HAVE been getting a little long winded lately. Or, VERY long winded lately.
You stay on this and so will I. But, don't take anything away from your message by overdoing it. The people really interested in this story are reading everything about it here on Topix Forum. You have made your points. You CAN ease up; no point in beating it to death.
Again, you and I are on the same team on this issue. Trust me; you need to back off on the frequency of delivering the same message. If we both play our cards right; we can work together. Two heads are better than one. But do not over do it.
Or, you can keep right on doing it the same exact way. But, you run the risk of deluting your message and loosing the interest of the other Readers.
You and I are fighting for the same cause. Don't over do it!
Darn Tootin
Hmmm, did you say you were both fighting for the same cause and not to over do it???
RMT

United States

#33 Jan 12, 2010
Wong should fire judge Elliott Zide for violating public safety by setting pennies for bail on the worst offenders.

Brookline, MA

#34 Jan 12, 2010
Maurice Ronaldo - Mo Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, did you say you were both fighting for the same cause and not to over do it???
yes

Since: Jan 10

Andover, MA

#35 Jan 12, 2010
Several years ago 4 of my kids and myself witnessed a Fitchburg Officer beat a 15 year old kid. I filed a complaint.The internal affairs Capt. Carbone not only committed a felony by covering it up, but the officer was later became the sgt who arrested the sheriffs deputy.
so much for public trust and the Hollywood version of IAD

Brookline, MA

#36 Jan 12, 2010
Roger Anderson wrote:
Several years ago 4 of my kids and myself witnessed a Fitchburg Officer beat a 15 year old kid. I filed a complaint.The internal affairs Capt. Carbone not only committed a felony by covering it up, but the officer was later became the sgt who arrested the sheriffs deputy.
so much for public trust and the Hollywood version of IAD
The best thing the public can do when they witness these things happening is to record it with their cell phones and then get the video onto the internet as soon as possible.

Without the video evidence; it comes down to "he said" "she said" and the cops automatically win, simply because they are cops. But, when the whole nation gets to witness a cop beating the hell out of someone unnecessarily or illegally; especially a child; the whole thing is almost impossible for the cops to sweap under the rug. As is standard practice.

Bad cops don't like video tapes; but the good cops are in full support of them. A video tape can be used to charge a cop with a crime just as easily as it can be used to prove that the cop's version of the events is the accurate version. Cops do get falsely accused on occasion; and video proof can save their bacon.

But again, video footage can also provide irrefutable proof that a cop was out of line. Many cops are under the impression that it is illegal to film them; but it is not. Just don't get in their way and you are all set; regardless of what they try to tell you.

A cop in Erie PA by the name of Cousins got himself into some trouble last year; when he was mocking a dead man while mouthing off in a barroom. Someone caught his offensive; and apparently alcohol induced remarks on a cell phone; and put the footage on the internet. The cop was off duty at the time; but he still wound up getting a real reaming as a result of the video effidence of his folly. The story goes that someone had witnessed his heartless drunken ramblings one too many times before; so they decided to make the world aware of it and let the world be the judge, instead of the Erie PA PD. Cousins almost lost his job over his performance in the barroom; and as a lawman he is kept on a very short leash these days.
Annonymous

Leominster, MA

#37 Jan 12, 2010
Donovan was let go as Chief in Tewksbury under very shady circumstances. Investigate him

Brookline, MA

#38 Jan 12, 2010
Annonymous wrote:
Donovan was let go as Chief in Tewksbury under very shady circumstances. Investigate him
Are you talking to me?
patsy

Gardner, MA

#39 Jan 12, 2010
Again bloggers are getting off the subject. This is about allegations against Tasca. It has nothing to do with the behavior of other people except the police.Mayor Wong did what she was suppose to do as commander in chief of Fitchburg. These are serious allegations that required major steps.She did her job ethically.
Officer Connection

Belmont, MA

#40 Jan 12, 2010
Not Just Fitchburg wrote:
<quoted text>
This corruption is not just in Fitchburg we all need to stand together and fight for our rights! In November the Glob ran and article about Congressman Lynch procuring $750,000 in funds for substance abuse programs that his wife is either an employee of or is on the bored of directors!!! While he has never procured funds for another substance abuse facility or program in Massachusetts! This in not just Fitchburg problem all of the politicians in Washington are corrupt! We need an through investigation of the Fitchburg Police station as well as all of the state and federal politicians from Massachusetts! Kevin and others please join me and writhing to the FBI asking them to investigate the Fitchburg Police Department, the State Police, and the politicians in this state Starting with Congressman Lynch. We as a country cannot afford to let these crooks steal from us any longer! Kevin you said your self this is wrong what the politicians lets invest age them! As well as the city politicians because they are probably dirty too.
I agree that a lot of politicians are corrupt. I have been a democrat for many years. The last 4 I have been an independant. I liked Harry Ried a few yeras ago. They are pressing him to resign over comments that he made. I believe these were racial comments but not racist comments. There had been a discussion on race that he participated in. But the health care vote was shady!

With refernece to Congressman Lynch, I have not read anything but I will google it. Back to the case at hand. There was a case in 06 that involved an Emily McNamarra. I guess she was assistant treasurer of Fitchburg. She had discovered that there was at least $42,000 missing. Everyone claimed it was the treasurer, if this was the case then why didn't anyone secure the $42,000 from his estate? Or was it a case of "blame the dead guy"?

Does anyone know if the treasurers office has connections to the police department?? I mean does the treasurer handle the books? You think Louney would know? Just wondering or maybe Kearns because he was the investigating officer. Would anyone happen to know the results of the investigation??

I am asking because I have been wondering, he actually watches over the books? Where do they get stored?
steve

Leominster, MA

#41 Jan 12, 2010
Every employee of the city has violated the public's trust what is this mayor talking about. Look in the mirror "WONG"
Anon

Selma, IN

#42 Jan 12, 2010
RMT wrote:
Wong should fire judge Elliott Zide for violating public safety by setting pennies for bail on the worst offenders.
The mayor has no jurisdiction over the judge...
Corruption

Belmont, MA

#43 Jan 12, 2010
Officer Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that a lot of politicians are corrupt. I have been a democrat for many years. The last 4 I have been an independant. I liked Harry Ried a few yeras ago. They are pressing him to resign over comments that he made. I believe these were racial comments but not racist comments. There had been a discussion on race that he participated in. But the health care vote was shady!
With refernece to Congressman Lynch, I have not read anything but I will google it. Back to the case at hand. There was a case in 06 that involved an Emily McNamarra. I guess she was assistant treasurer of Fitchburg. She had discovered that there was at least $42,000 missing. Everyone claimed it was the treasurer, if this was the case then why didn't anyone secure the $42,000 from his estate? Or was it a case of "blame the dead guy"?
Does anyone know if the treasurers office has connections to the police department?? I mean does the treasurer handle the books? You think Louney would know? Just wondering or maybe Kearns because he was the investigating officer. Would anyone happen to know the results of the investigation??
I am asking because I have been wondering, he actually watches over the books? Where do they get stored?
I thought Emily McNamarra reported the money missing in Sept. 06 but the Treasurer passed in Sept. 05 didn't he?? His name was Richards or something
Confused

Leominster, MA

#44 Jan 12, 2010
Could you please explain to the public between conducting an administrative investigation and a criminal investigation of a civil service empolyee. I'm not certain, but once you institute an administrative investigation, how can you then turn it into a criminal investigation? You allege that Tasca is guilty of larceny. Why didn't you apply for a criminal complaint? If you allege Tasca violated State Ethics laws, then why didn't you forward a complaint to that agency for investigation? That wouldn't have cost the tax payers one nickel. I'm just confused!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worcester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More school districts consider free meals for all 19 hr Keven1986 1
17 arrests target 'Outlaws' (Nov '07) Aug 25 ricanGod 41
Suicide Prevention 'Ride of Your Life' is today Aug 24 jtn 2
jodi arias Aug 24 deborahgoyette1 1
From the parrot's beak: 8/24 edition Aug 23 Karen 1
Fitchburg armed-robbery suspects held on high bail Aug 22 Jtn 3
The Best Testosterone Therapy Clinic in Central... (Nov '12) Aug 20 Eric 19
•••

Worcester News Video

•••