Wong: Fired Fitchburg officer 'violated public trust' - Sentine...

Mayor Lisa Wong commented for the first time Monday on her decision to fire Capt. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
galario

Newton Center, MA

#1 Jan 12, 2010
I think its horrible how the City of Fitchburg is treating Charlie Tasca who has done nothing but be of service to the people for 42 years. I hope he is sucessful in winning this bogus case against him. Good luck Charlie...those who know you are aware of the truth!
Darn Tootin from W Newton

Brookline, MA

#3 Jan 12, 2010
galario wrote:
I think its horrible how the City of Fitchburg is treating Charlie Tasca who has done nothing but be of service to the people for 42 years. I hope he is sucessful in winning this bogus case against him. Good luck Charlie...those who know you are aware of the truth!
I think it's wonderful how the City of Fitchburg has addressed the issue with Charlie Tasca who apparently has been doing things that are not in the best interest of the people, for some or all of his 42 years. I hope that he is not successful in winning this apparently legit case against him. No good luck wished to you Charlie, those who know you are aware of the truth.
city

Boston, MA

#4 Jan 12, 2010
In the investigation, Donovan failed to interview the witnesses and DeMoura didn't pick up on that? Does he even know what is going on? If that had been the police who didn't interview the witnesses the public would have cried cover up. This was not a thorough investigation and Wong makes up the rules as she goes along because she knows they did not have a good case because of the sloppy investigation. I hope Charlie sues.
Susie Q

Westminster, MA

#5 Jan 12, 2010
Keep the ball rollin, many, many more to come. Then Charlie will not be alone, they can all be together in the can w/ there "good ole boy gang"
what a

Bronx, NY

#6 Jan 12, 2010
joke, that Wong would think over compensation time due Charlie would be worth her 5 to 10 thousand dollars !! are you kidding me lady; the bottom line he more than likely was due comp time and honestly did she have to take it this far! this woman is a complete joke and all it is to me is money used as some type of power play for her and to try to show others who is boss! What do you want from a spoiled kid, typical of her generation; the princess has spoken! get off your high horse Lisa and grow the F-up!
Darn Tootin from W Newton

Brookline, MA

#7 Jan 12, 2010
city wrote:
In the investigation, Donovan failed to interview the witnesses and DeMoura didn't pick up on that? Does he even know what is going on? If that had been the police who didn't interview the witnesses the public would have cried cover up. This was not a thorough investigation and Wong makes up the rules as she goes along because she knows they did not have a good case because of the sloppy investigation. I hope Charlie sues.
Boy, how quick you are to bring up lawsuits! Oh well, that appears to be standard procedure for our lawmen these days. Tasca admits to taking comp time off that was not actually recorded anywhere, and it was from 7 or 8 years ago. So, it sounds like he was grossly out of line to me. And, you mention lawsuits.

Of course, the cop supporters are trying to put a spin on this story. The spin? That Tasca only took this time off to care for his daughter who had cancer. As a previous Poster brought up, Tasca could have and should have used the Family Medical Leave Act if that is why he took the 2 weeks off. I don't know of any other place of employment anywhere where an employee can take time off and use comp time from 7 or 8 years prior that is not recorded anywhere, and get away with it. Tasca goes on to admit that what he did was common practice with the brass at the FPD.

Tasca is in hot water because he apparently got just a little too creative when it came to taking time off. And, let's not forget that Tasca would have been getting around 3 months off with pay each year anyway; due to all the vacation time that he had coming to him each year; along with paid sick, personal and on the job injury time that all the cops get. And, even with all the time that he was able to take off each year; he was still able to amass 2000 hours of vacation time to be used for his big cash out at the end of his employment. Just like all the other cops do in Fitchburg; throughout Mass and throughout the nation.

Again, the Family Medical Leave Act is in place for allowing workers to take time off to care for sick family members. Tasca did not have to do things the way that he did them.

Of course, cops everywhere are feeling that Tasca is the innocent victim. And, Taxpayers everywhere are feeling that finally someone had the backbone to step up to the typical abuse of paid time off that the cops have grown so accustomed to.

Nice job, Chief Demoura and Mayor Wong!
Clean house

AOL

#8 Jan 12, 2010
LINCOLN STREET wrote:
between $5000.00 to $10,000.00 pissed away over a $2100.00 dollar debt. Good going mayor wrong. do all of the taxpayers in this city and offer charlie a good settlement now before he sues you back to the stone age. IDIOT!!!
If the amount he stole was 2100.00,21000.00 or 21 million, the fact it he stole the money. No matter what the crazy one says, the money was stolen!
captkiwi45

Worcester, MA

#9 Jan 12, 2010
good for mayor wong for taking a stand on the misuse of tax payers money.finally a mayor not afraid of taking on corruption in the police dept.
buffalo chips

Springfield, MA

#10 Jan 12, 2010
city wrote:
This "investigator" is a clown. His inept investigation will lead to a lawsuit that will cost the city untold dollars in legal fees. I have no doubt that Tasca has taken advantage of his position for years but the findings in this investigation seem rather miniscule compared to the countless misdeeds that he oversaw during his time as an administrator.

The rules are absolutely made up as time goes on. There is a very small group of people who have a say in how this city is run and they don't exist on the council. The statement that I overheard at FSC following the debates 2 years ago seems to be the rule in this administration.

"I will do everything I can to circumvent the city council whenever I can"

-Lisa Wong Oct 2007

One promise that HAS been kept!
city

Boston, MA

#11 Jan 12, 2010
buffalo chips wrote:
<quoted text>
This "investigator" is a clown. His inept investigation will lead to a lawsuit that will cost the city untold dollars in legal fees. I have no doubt that Tasca has taken advantage of his position for years but the findings in this investigation seem rather miniscule compared to the countless misdeeds that he oversaw during his time as an administrator.
The rules are absolutely made up as time goes on. There is a very small group of people who have a say in how this city is run and they don't exist on the council. The statement that I overheard at FSC following the debates 2 years ago seems to be the rule in this administration.
-Lisa Wong Oct 2007
She won't even let DeMoura run the police Dept., she is soooo controlling.
savings of 100 000

Belmont, MA

#12 Jan 12, 2010
LINCOLN STREET wrote:
between $5000.00 to $10,000.00 pissed away over a $2100.00 dollar debt. Good going mayor wrong. do all of the taxpayers in this city and offer charlie a good settlement now before he sues you back to the stone age. IDIOT!!!
She spent $5,000 on investiagting the corrupt police station. The guy was stealing for years! She save the city $25,000 off the top as they don't have to pay this crook this bonus any longer! He is going to jail! What don't you understand?
He got caught stealing $4,400.00 ! He also CONFESSED to stealing thousands more! And he CONFESSED that others were STEALING thousands for years!
This alone with INCREASE PUBLIC SAFETY in our city! Enough is Enough from your complaining!
Police Corruption

Belmont, MA

#13 Jan 12, 2010
buffalo chips wrote:
<quoted text>
-Lisa Wong Oct 2007
The city council is a stone wall when it comes to bettering the city! All they do is complain! They should be supporting a Mayor whom is routing out CORRUPTION even if they are friends of these crooks!!! There are 40,000 of us in Fitchburg and there are roughly 12 corrupt cops! This city needs to prosecute these criminals. The 40,000 demands of it!
You can sit with the 12 criminal police all you want! You sound ridiculous in your pursuit to blame the Mayor for 'THE STEALING THAT THESE OFFICERS COMITTED" ; they stole, they are the thieves!!

The louder you get, the louder we will get!!! We demand justice!!! You can stand aside. Fitchburg is done dealing with this corruption as it has IMPEEDED Public Safety efforts for over a decade!!!!
GOOD JOB MAYOR

Belmont, MA

#14 Jan 12, 2010
captkiwi45 wrote:
good for mayor wong for taking a stand on the misuse of tax payers money.finally a mayor not afraid of taking on corruption in the police dept.
I agree, this corruption has been taking place for years and it has been a direct roadblock to the running of Public Safety and has disallowed the FPD to function properly! Good officers moral was cut down to fall in line or discouraged by the constant corruption of others.

If any officer in the FPD doesn't want to operate under their OATH, then they can leave because their are many out there that are in line for their jobs!!

GOOD JOB , MAYOR WONG!!!!!
CLEAN THEM ALL OUT

Belmont, MA

#15 Jan 12, 2010
what a wrote:
joke, that Wong would think over compensation time due Charlie would be worth her 5 to 10 thousand dollars !! are you kidding me lady; the bottom line he more than likely was due comp time and honestly did she have to take it this far! this woman is a complete joke and all it is to me is money used as some type of power play for her and to try to show others who is boss! What do you want from a spoiled kid, typical of her generation; the princess has spoken! get off your high horse Lisa and grow the F-up!
"More than likely owed"?????

You sound like a friend of his who stated "If he broke the law he must of had good reason". Are you that impressed by the fact that these people can fix your tickets?

Do you feel that they "are entitled to break the law"?

I will personally help for free any research into the law or combing the books to discover all the 10s of thousands that they STOLE!
Calls for prosecution

Belmont, MA

#16 Jan 12, 2010
Darn Tootin from W Newton wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's wonderful how the City of Fitchburg has addressed the issue with Charlie Tasca who apparently has been doing things that are not in the best interest of the people, for some or all of his 42 years. I hope that he is not successful in winning this apparently legit case against him. No good luck wished to you Charlie, those who know you are aware of the truth.
WE ARE CALLING FOR THE PROSECUTION OF ALL INVOLVED! THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATIONS has a unit that deals with these FPD issues, they specialize in forensic accounting!!

I would think that this is a service that our government accomodates its citizens with! We are demanding a FBI investigation into this widespread corruption.

We demand that Tasca and others answer direct questions under Federal rules explaining HOW MUCH they stole, who stole and when! Tasca has admitted that he stole! They can twist it as much as they want!! Stealing is Stealing!!!!

Tasca has accomodated a FBI investigation as he has been explaining the way that they conducted this criminal behavior and he has given the FBI the people whom were stealing with him. This offered information justifies a federal probe!!
They don't stand a chance against a seasoned Justice department as they specialize in uncovering all the misdeeds! Especially where Charlie has
Jane Doe

Leominster, MA

#18 Jan 12, 2010
Oh Please Mayor Wong just wastes tax payers money.
Well SPOKEN Mayor

Belmont, MA

#19 Jan 12, 2010
Here are quotes from this article! How could anyone post for Tasca? Well spoken Mayor!

"Captain Tasca was terminated for substantial misconduct that violated the public trust," Wong said in a press release issued Monday afternoon. "Captain Tasca was charged with criminal conduct, larceny, fraudulently altering public records that resulted in his financial advantage. His actions also violated the state ethics act by acting in a way to give himself financial gain. He used his official position to obtain benefits unavailable to other citizens, behavior (that) is not acceptable in a public servant. Any city employee who behaves this way will face termination from employment."

"The type of behavior that was displayed is unacceptable," said Wong. "We're talking about public dollars here."

Wong said the allegations of criminal conduct, larceny and fraud were made only in the disciplinary hearing so far, and she would
disgusted

Framingham, MA

#22 Jan 12, 2010
From other posts it appears your real name is kevin. Why do you keep posting multiple posts in a row under diferant screen names. are you trying to make it look like you are more than one person or are you suffering from multiple personality disorder?
Wow

Leominster, MA

#23 Jan 12, 2010
To the poster from Marlborough, Holy cow, can you ramble any more. Even though I do not agree with a lot of what Darn Tootin posts, at least he can put together a coherent sentence. With you it's like someone left their 3 year old at the keyboard as "play time".
city

Boston, MA

#24 Jan 12, 2010
GOOD JOB MAYOR wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, this corruption has been taking place for years and it has been a direct roadblock to the running of Public Safety and has disallowed the FPD to function properly! Good officers moral was cut down to fall in line or discouraged by the constant corruption of others.
If any officer in the FPD doesn't want to operate under their OATH, then they can leave because their are many out there that are in line for their jobs!!
GOOD JOB , MAYOR WONG!!!!!
give it a rest Kevin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worcester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 say Pittsfield mayor misled council (Aug '12) Tue Praxis33 72
Debate: Gay Marriage - Holden, MA (Jan '12) Dec 20 Brian_G 25
Suicide Prevention 'Ride of Your Life' is today Dec 14 hello 3
Britain to boost military presence in Persian Gulf Dec 13 Oliver Cromwell 4
Review: Gold Seal Waterproofing (Feb '10) Dec 8 Eugene Dean 5
German party mocked over immigrant language call Dec 7 Tim 1
do tou think rick rushton is on the take Dec 5 pissed off 1

Worcester News Video

Worcester Dating
Find my Match