Suspect charged in beating death of L...

Suspect charged in beating death of Leominster man - Sentinel &...

There are 58 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Oct 27, 2009, titled Suspect charged in beating death of Leominster man - Sentinel &.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Police allege a Hudson man charged with murder in connection with the beating death of a Leominster man went to his girlfriend's home the night of the incident on Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
TrainingLady

Leominster, MA

#1 Oct 27, 2009
I feel badly for both men and thier families. Too much violence,,,
I have known Ryan Hehir for several years, he is not the type of person to have done this deliberatley. He is also a great Dad, son, brother, and friend.
noname

Leominster, MA

#2 Oct 28, 2009
I hope that he gets put away for a long long time. He does not have any respect for the law. He continually hurts people around him. His children will be better off without him around.
no name

United States

#5 Oct 29, 2009
not to sure if him being in jail is the best for his kids after his son hitting his baby sister in the head with a hammer. And where was they`re mother? maybe soneone can answer that one for me. that being said why does she still have the kids?
Hehir Family

Fitchburg, MA

#6 Oct 29, 2009
What is this world coming to? Two men who had their whole lives ahead of them now reap the consequences of violence out of control.The newspaper should do their job and get their facts straight.Nothing has been proven that Ryan had anything to do with this mans murder.Ryan's "ex girlfriend" named in the papers is making accusations that she can not back up.Ryan was at the home of his current girlfriend at the time of this supposed fight.The Leominster police department are just putting a name on the case because they don't know how to do their job right!! Just because he has a record in his past they feel as though they make any accusations they damn well please.The Rivera family has suffered enough not to bring the real man to justice.The police department should be more concerned with finding the real man that is responsible for this mans death instead of locking up an innocent man.Only shattering the lives of another family.The police should feel so horrible for arresting a man with no proof what so ever.Giving false to the family of the victim who deserve to face the real man.
no name

United States

#7 Oct 30, 2009
the reporters need to do a better job reporting. Saying he was involed with a shooting and drug traficking. The shooter of the leominster man had been identified and it wasnt ryan also the case regarding the drug trafficking has been open for more than 6 months . What ever happened to the right for speedy trial?? The DA has refused to give him a trail because the man who was in possesion of the drugs is owning up to it. Plus the papers mentioned him beating a wowem with an iron. That was a false police report filed by the said "girlfreind" the neice of the detective investigating the murder in this case.
CJP

Leominster, MA

#9 Nov 7, 2009
Get a clue "Just Me". "Justice must be served
"; how is justice served if no one talks to the police? "Ryan made a bad decision"; no Ryan killed a guy while at a bar where he was not supposed to be in the first place as a condition of his release on bail. "Ryan is a great guy"; no he is not. Ryan is nothing more than a sociopathic career criminal whose crimes get worse every time he gets out of jail. Ryan needs to be in prison as long as possible for the good of us all. Better yet, let's take him out back and put him down like we would any other rabid animal.
Manute Bol

Leominster, MA

#10 Nov 7, 2009
Hehir Family wrote:
What is this world coming to? Two men who had their whole lives ahead of them now reap the consequences of violence out of control.The newspaper should do their job and get their facts straight.Nothing has been proven that Ryan had anything to do with this mans murder.Ryan's "ex girlfriend" named in the papers is making accusations that she can not back up.Ryan was at the home of his current girlfriend at the time of this supposed fight.The Leominster police department are just putting a name on the case because they don't know how to do their job right!! Just because he has a record in his past they feel as though they make any accusations they damn well please.The Rivera family has suffered enough not to bring the real man to justice.The police department should be more concerned with finding the real man that is responsible for this mans death instead of locking up an innocent man.Only shattering the lives of another family.The police should feel so horrible for arresting a man with no proof what so ever.Giving false to the family of the victim who deserve to face the real man.
The police, who you say are not doing a good job, found the hat of the dead man in posession of the accused. Did he buy it at some yard sale? Did they pick him, out of the hundreds of millions of human beings, and he just happened to have the hat? Did Mark Furman place it there?
patricia

AOL

#11 Nov 7, 2009
It's always the police not doing their job- never just the plain fact that a kid just might be a scumbag. Good job LPD
jenny

Leominster, MA

#12 Jan 25, 2010
i WENT TO SCHOOL WITH RYAN AND HE WAS NOTHING BUT A SCUMBAG ALWAYS PUTTING PEOPLE DOWN. I WAS ONE OF THEM. I HOPE HE GETS LIFE .FOR PUTTING THE RIVERA FAMILY THREW HELL
no name

Westminster, MA

#13 Feb 4, 2010
I don't know either one of the parties involved, nor do I know any friends or relative of either. Does anyone who has commented on this matter know both sides of the story??? Regardless of prior records does anyone know anything more than just what you heard in the papers??? There is 2 sides ot every story people...
Family Member

United States

#14 Mar 19, 2010
I am part of the Rivera family and Hector was NOT a drug dealer. He was a committed and loving father. He went to the bar with family and never came home! His mother is distraught and our whole family had to be tormented by watching him fight for his life for a month in ICU before he went home to be with the Lord! Now the family is devastated and everyone is feeling the effects. Depression has set in and the tears are too numerous to count. He has a son who adored him and his poor son's life will never be the same.
Ryan was just given manslaughter charges for Hectors murder, per the grand jury. Manslaughter?! That is a joke!
I honestly hope that Ryan "wakes up" and realizes the wreckage he has left behind, not only in our family, but in the lives of others he has wronged and I hope that he repents and changes his ways, otherwise he has no future, no matter how much jail time he gets. He will continue to get worse and worse and I have no doubt if they let him out, he will kill again!!!
Someone to blame

Westminster, MA

#16 Mar 21, 2010
Family Member wrote:
I am part of the Rivera family and Hector was NOT a drug dealer. He was a committed and loving father. He went to the bar with family and never came home! His mother is distraught and our whole family had to be tormented by watching him fight for his life for a month in ICU before he went home to be with the Lord! Now the family is devastated and everyone is feeling the effects. Depression has set in and the tears are too numerous to count. He has a son who adored him and his poor son's life will never be the same.
Ryan was just given manslaughter charges for Hectors murder, per the grand jury. Manslaughter?! That is a joke!
I honestly hope that Ryan "wakes up" and realizes the wreckage he has left behind, not only in our family, but in the lives of others he has wronged and I hope that he repents and changes his ways, otherwise he has no future, no matter how much jail time he gets. He will continue to get worse and worse and I have no doubt if they let him out, he will kill again!!!
I just want to say it's sad that Hector was taken to the Lord at such a young age, I don't wish death upon anyone, but your family needs to wake up and realize what Hector started at that bar that night...He didn't need to start a fight w/ Ryan over a pool table and you should be talking to his brother, and cousin that were w/ him that night that know exactly what happend that night, and maybe they should have called an ambulance that night instead of driving him around in the car for over an hour, thinking he was ok. Ohhh and the other thing he may not have been a drug dealer as you say but he did have cocaine in his system. So the facts need to be straightend out before you think a murder charge be charged to Ryan. I don't know any one of the families involved but these things happen all the time and someone else is always to blame, even if there was no control over it. It hurts I know and sometimes people just need to face the facts of the real story. There are 3 sides to every story. Victims story, suspects story and the story of what really happend. And I think you already know what really happend here!
Family Member

United States

#17 Apr 2, 2010
Someone to blame wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want to say it's sad that Hector was taken to the Lord at such a young age, I don't wish death upon anyone, but your family needs to wake up and realize what Hector started at that bar that night...He didn't need to start a fight w/ Ryan over a pool table and you should be talking to his brother, and cousin that were w/ him that night that know exactly what happend that night, and maybe they should have called an ambulance that night instead of driving him around in the car for over an hour, thinking he was ok. Ohhh and the other thing he may not have been a drug dealer as you say but he did have cocaine in his system. So the facts need to be straightend out before you think a murder charge be charged to Ryan. I don't know any one of the families involved but these things happen all the time and someone else is always to blame, even if there was no control over it. It hurts I know and sometimes people just need to face the facts of the real story. There are 3 sides to every story. Victims story, suspects story and the story of what really happend. And I think you already know what really happend here!
It is very interesting that you claim to know neither parties involved yet you appear to "know" so much about that night???? So, because he had cocaine in his system he's a drug dealer???? And deserved to die???? You have NO idea what current state his family are in these days due to this tragedy!!!!! regardless of what he did or did not do, he did not deserve to die, his mother didnt deserve to have to watch him die and his son did NOT deserve to grow up without his father!!!!!
Marlborough Mom

Fernandina Beach, FL

#18 Apr 2, 2010
Family Member wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very interesting that you claim to know neither parties involved yet you appear to "know" so much about that night???? So, because he had cocaine in his system he's a drug dealer???? And deserved to die???? You have NO idea what current state his family are in these days due to this tragedy!!!!! regardless of what he did or did not do, he did not deserve to die, his mother didnt deserve to have to watch him die and his son did NOT deserve to grow up without his father!!!!!
Excuse Me! It is their fault he's in this mess to begin with. If you raise your children right, then they will be fine. If you don't then look what you have. The parents are at fault here!
Someone to blame

Westminster, MA

#19 Apr 11, 2010
Family Member wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you better read what I wrote again. I never said he was a drug dealer. I never said it was ok for him to die. Pay attention to what I wrote before you put words in my mouth. I never said any of this was ok. All I can say to you now is pay very close attention to this trial...you will realize exactly what I am saying, and then maybe everyone will have a better closure!!!
Family Member

United States

#20 Apr 27, 2010
Someone to blame wrote:
<quoted text>
So, because you think that Hector started the fight with Ryan "over a pool table" you think that Ryan should NOT be charged with murder????
Someone to blame

Westminster, MA

#21 May 16, 2010
Family Member wrote:
<quoted text>
So, because you think that Hector started the fight with Ryan "over a pool table" you think that Ryan should NOT be charged with murder????
Absolutely NOT!!! He Never planned on Murder it was an accident in self defense and the only reason he got manslaughter is because he engaged in the fight willingly...
jenny

Leominster, MA

#23 May 22, 2010
is that y ryan had hectors hat. he was so proud of what he did.isnt that wonderful i hope it fit.i hope he gets nightmares.this idiot ryan was alwasys a dam trouble maker,always fighting in school.oh no wait did he pick up a crowbar this time around.yea his punches are just so storng huh to kill someone. i hope it happend to him .it will
Right Said Fred

United States

#25 May 24, 2010
jenny wrote:
is that y ryan had hectors hat. he was so proud of what he did.isnt that wonderful i hope it fit.i hope he gets nightmares.this idiot ryan was alwasys a dam trouble maker,always fighting in school.oh no wait did he pick up a crowbar this time around.yea his punches are just so storng huh to kill someone. i hope it happend to him .it will
WOW, I hope this was translated from another language because something got lost in the translation. Product of Sterling Public School?
Fed UP

Boston, MA

#26 Jun 11, 2010
to the family who lost a wonderful man, im sorry. but to wish the same fate for someone else? maybe the families are to blame. it makes me sick reading all of these posts. havent we lost enough? give this man his life back, and i promise he make something of it. what if the same thing happened to hector.. what if he got in some stupid bar fight, and ryan went home in the ambulance. how would you feel, everyone calling hector a murderer.. tell me that you wouldnt try to defend him, tell me you try to reach out to the family who lost there son,brother,father... put yourself in someone elses shoes. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.. a horrible accident. and someone lost their life. but how could you say hes a murderer and has to bear the burden for the rest of his life. a young man, who has everything ahead of him.. it could have been anyone, and it was one punch. ONE. he didnt take the pole stick out with him, or a crowbar, hes not a killer. he didnt shoot him, he didnt beat him, no one helped him. he defended himself, one punch. god has greater plans for us than we could ever imagine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Worcester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Red Cross ex-exec ordered to pay $4K - Sentinel... (Mar '08) 2 hr Kevin Lynch 28
News Family escapes unharmed but loses pet cat in Fi... 4 hr Service Animal 4
homosexuality is a sick depravity (Jul '11) 16 hr Honestly 15
News Holy Cross withdrawal ends college bus route in... Wed Elaine 1
News Classic Albums Live: Eagles LIVE in Worcester Wed Elaine 1
News 6-month-old rescued from collapsed building in ... Wed Elaine 1
News Leominster officer shoots, wounds man who alleg... Apr 27 Bruno Max 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Worcester Mortgages