Hammon just wanted to be an Olympian,...

Hammon just wanted to be an Olympian, even for Russia

There are 3 comments on the McClatchy DC story from Aug 12, 2008, titled Hammon just wanted to be an Olympian, even for Russia. In it, McClatchy DC reports that:

She stood there Monday - the self-described "All-American girl" from South Dakota - while her team's national anthem was being played.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at McClatchy DC.

LEE

Tempe, AZ

#1 Aug 17, 2008
BECKY HAMMON IS A DAMN TRAITOR AND I THINK THAT SHE IS A DISGRACE!!!
I AM AN EX NAVAL ENLISTEE THAT PUT MY LIFE ON THE LINE TO FIGHT FOR MY COUNTRY....AND THIS WAS FOR FREE! TO COME HOME TO ATHLETES THAT SELL OUT THERE COUNTRY FOR MONEY IS TREASON IN MY EYES AND I THINK THAT SHE IS A JOKE!
AND WHAT WILL EVERYONE THINK OF BECKY HAMMON IF THE RUSSIAN TEAM BEATS THE USA WOMENS TEAM AND BECKY HAMMON IS THE POINT GUARD.
GILBERT ARENAS, THE POINT GUARD FOR THE WASHINGTON WIZARDS WANTED VERY MUCH TO PLAY ON THE OLYMPIC TEAM AND WAS NOT SELECTED.....DID HE GO AND SIGN ON TO PLAY FOR ANOTHER COUNTRY......NO!!! HE IS AT HOME CHEERING ON HIS COUNTRY AND LIVING WITH THE DECISION.
BECKY HAMMON IS A TRAITOR AND HER ACTIONS SPIT IN THE FACE OF AMERICAN PATRIOTISM!!!
BBB

Dallas, TX

#2 Aug 22, 2008
LEE wrote:
BECKY HAMMON IS A DAMN TRAITOR AND I THINK THAT SHE IS A DISGRACE!!!
I AM AN EX NAVAL ENLISTEE THAT PUT MY LIFE ON THE LINE TO FIGHT FOR MY COUNTRY....AND THIS WAS FOR FREE! TO COME HOME TO ATHLETES THAT SELL OUT THERE COUNTRY FOR MONEY IS TREASON IN MY EYES AND I THINK THAT SHE IS A JOKE!
AND WHAT WILL EVERYONE THINK OF BECKY HAMMON IF THE RUSSIAN TEAM BEATS THE USA WOMENS TEAM AND BECKY HAMMON IS THE POINT GUARD.
GILBERT ARENAS, THE POINT GUARD FOR THE WASHINGTON WIZARDS WANTED VERY MUCH TO PLAY ON THE OLYMPIC TEAM AND WAS NOT SELECTED.....DID HE GO AND SIGN ON TO PLAY FOR ANOTHER COUNTRY......NO!!! HE IS AT HOME CHEERING ON HIS COUNTRY AND LIVING WITH THE DECISION.
BECKY HAMMON IS A TRAITOR AND HER ACTIONS SPIT IN THE FACE OF AMERICAN PATRIOTISM!!!
I wouldn't say it as strongly myself, but as a military man I understand why you put it so strongly. That being said, I agree with you. Well said as to Arenas - you don't get picked, you stay home. Period. Kudos to your post.
Keny La Rage

Norfolk, VA

#3 Aug 22, 2008
I served in the military as well and I don't have a problem with Becky Hammon playing for Russia. In case you didn't get the memo: The cold war is OVER!! And if she had been given a chance to play for this country we wouldn't be here leaving comments about her right now. As for her selling out this country for money... The politians and corporations are doing a fine job of that without help from Becky Hammon. Give the girl a break already. She just wanted to be in the Olympics. Gilbert Arenas is fine with not playing in the Olympics, that's on him. For all we know he may regret it later. She went for her dream and I think people should respect that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Becky Hammon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Phoenix Mercury vs. San Antonio Silver Stars ma... (Sep '10) Sep '10 wayne fazio 1
News WNBA: Who wants it more? (Oct '08) Oct '08 sophia 1
News Family speaks out for American player on Russia... (Aug '08) Aug '08 Joe D 1
News U.S. Basketball Player Chooses Russian Citizenship (Aug '08) Aug '08 Just 2
News There's nothing wrong with Hammon playing for R... (Jul '08) Jul '08 mark 1
News Mike Woods column: Hammon has right to choose (Jul '08) Jul '08 Bernie S 1
More from around the web