Comment: Graham Bell on Ski Sunday

Comment: Graham Bell on Ski Sunday

There are 1 comment on the BBC Sports story from Feb 7, 2008, titled Comment: Graham Bell on Ski Sunday. In it, BBC Sports reports that:

The Bell Report on Ski Sunday - part four by Graham Bell - BBC Ski Sunday presenter 07 February 2008 Hi everyone, here's what's coming up on Ski Sunday this week and all the latest news from the slopes. via BBC Sports

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BBC Sports.

JimMack

Norwich, UK

#1 Feb 10, 2008
I think the producer of Ski Sunday has lost the plot. Enthusiasts of ski racing used to rely on Ski Sunday to provide reports on the races of the week. We now have 45 minutes of incidental information loosely associated with winter sports. In tonight's broadcast (10th Feb), out of 45 minutes, only 7 minutes 45 seconds were devoted to ski racing - Women's Downhill from Sestrieve. The rest of the broadcast was devoted to Ice Diving in New Zealand (BTW, as a qualified diver, this gave IMHO very dubious technical comment), celebrity ski race, ski prep (OK interesting but common knowledge), and a travalog on the Glacier Express. This really is a waste of 45 minutes of broadcast time, I dread to think of the cost of sending presenters, crews, and celebrities to far flung places. Save the money and cover ski racing and give the enthusiasts the coverage they require.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tina Maze Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lindsey Vonn says she's dating Tiger Woods (Mar '13) Mar '13 fukuda 1
News Tina Maze ends WCup season with giant slalom win (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bill 1
News Canada's Erin Mielzynski wins bronze medal in w... (Jan '13) Jan '13 CCAGE Erin Legion 1
News FISCHBACKER upsets US skier Vonn. (Feb '10) Feb '10 skippy 1
News Julia Mancuso fails to add to her bounty of sil... (Feb '10) Feb '10 jim 2
News Lindsey Vonn's second medal, a super G bronze, ... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Mike 4
News Lindsey Vonn lets up, earns only bronze in wome... (Feb '10) Feb '10 go US 2
More from around the web