One slippery start No major mishaps a...

One slippery start No major mishaps as mixed wintry melange mak...

There are 5 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Dec 28, 2009, titled One slippery start No major mishaps as mixed wintry melange mak.... In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Some folks intentionally went sliding on Monday, while others had no choice in the matter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

piece

Albany, NY

#1 Dec 29, 2009
I hope Abbey got a nice compensation for shoveling that driveway!
MD One

Wynantskill, NY

#2 Dec 29, 2009
The weather certainly caught everyone by surprise. Even I managed to spend a solid 3 hours at the ER with a concussion after knocking myself out in a fall on snow-covered ice.

I need to follow my late father's rule: Stay inside to give people a chance to plow and sand. There's no place you've got to be that's worth dying for.

Guess it's time to toss the clock-watching.
SAL

Anderson, SC

#3 Dec 29, 2009
Way down here in western north Carolina, we had a week plus of snow & more snow-- darn cold-- we still have piles & piles of more snow and still keeping us inside. A few of the cars finally got out of the snow a few days ago.

Interesting!
jamie29456

Charleston, SC

#4 Dec 29, 2009
Brrr. I will take today's high of 47 all day, every day! This is why I left the cold of the Berkshires. Keep warm and Happy New Year to all.
car accident witness

Northville, NY

#5 Dec 30, 2009
Hi All
I am looking for any person that witnessed the accident on Monday 28th at around 8:50am on rt 7 going south in Lenox. A red Subaru came out of Hubbart st right in front of me and as soon as the car turned onto rt. 7 the driver lost control of the car. I was trying to not hit the car by going around, but started sliding and losing control over my car and hit the guardrail. The damage on my car is quite extensive. The driver of the other car was an elderly female with big sunglasses, she looked at me and drove off. Still shocked I was not able to get license plate and would appreciate any help. Thank you. [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sledding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suit prompts Boyce to close sledding hill (Jan '09) Feb '14 End of an Era 11
News Boob Sledding Through the Arctic (Feb '13) Apr '13 michellepain 47
News Storm packs 1-2 punch of snow, slush (Feb '08) Feb '11 America Gentleman... 7
News Letters to santa (Jan '11) Jan '11 cartier 5
News Bay Shore to host a winter festival (Dec '08) Dec '10 We r all Immigrants 25
News Local woman gets the key to her dream (Dec '07) Nov '10 Angela Levy 5
News No pain, no gain for father son sledders (Mar '10) Mar '10 North America 1
More from around the web