Digging out - and wringing out, too

Full story: TwinCities.com

Shur Ao from St. Paul ventured out in the sleet and snow -- from his ice fishing house to check the tip upat a fishing hole on Lake Phalen Friday morning December 25,2009. So much for Snowmageddon.
Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Dec 27, 2009
Storm Front

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. I guess their "100% chance" of heavy snow did not happen. Maybe next time they will forecast it as a "99% chance." Idiots.
Rob

North Branch, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

Storm Front wrote:
Shoulda, coulda, woulda. I guess their "100% chance" of heavy snow did not happen. Maybe next time they will forecast it as a "99% chance." Idiots.
I think it was a 100% chance of snow or, in general, of precipitation, in which case they were dead on.
Janice

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

While it wasn't the storm of the century, it shows the difference between Mpls and St. Paul - Mpls knows how to plow! Highland streets are a bumpy frozen mess while just across the bridge Mpls streets are clear.
mr snowstorm

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

ya im tough i been shoveling all that wet snow with ease ouch that hurt a sharp pain in my left arm ouch my chest hurts must of pulled something ouch i better fnish ty peeing thsi comme __________
To much weather reporting

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

Such a joke, the weather stations were on TV every 5 minutes warning us of dome and gloom when Minnesota at the end of December gets some snow. Wow! What a novel idea snow in Minnesota in December who would have ever thought that would happened. If the weather stations would back off from trying to scare everyone into thinking we have seen our last days on earth when the dreaded snow comes, and concentrate on reporting the weather in a sane manner without all their goofy little thoughts and clichés, it is getting very boring. How did people survive years ago before we had all this useless weather reporting shoved down our throats, I think for a fact people back then were a lot tougher and smarter and knew how to deal with the weather no matter what.
Storm Front

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was a 100% chance of snow or, in general, of precipitation, in which case they were dead on.
No it wasn't. If you read the NOAA/NWS website they were predicting a "100% chance of HEAVY SNOW" both Christmas Eve night and Christmas Day for right here in the Twin Cities. So no, they were not dead on. More like dead WRONG.
Phillip Ml

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

More hype with nothing but a run of the mill snowstorm for the Twin Cities. I rarely believe any forecasts that predict something big-it is just a way for the media to hype up something that is nothing. Typical-they just love bad news!!
Rim Job

Inver Grove Heights, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

Holy Sheet, we didnt all die like the weather people said we were going to.

DOOM AND GLOOM! Lets get back to the H1N1 talk and the Economy.

Oh wait that lil BASSTURD tried to blow up the plane. WE ARE UNDER ATTACK PEOPLE WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE!
cosmicweatherdud e

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

"Shoulda, coulda, woulda. I guess their "100% chance" of heavy snow did not happen. Maybe next time they will forecast it as a "99% chance." Idiots."

Um, excuse me...we got 10-12" across the metro...that is certainly the definition of heavy snow. The 2nd wave got too much warm air entrained so the 15-20" did not materialize but it was a major, heavy snow....idiot.
cosmicweatherdud e

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

This was a major storm from the rockies to the upper midwest...the storm was there. Just because you only got 10-12" in your backyard and not 15-20" does not make this bust in the least. Predicting the future of ANYTHING is a challenge, let alone weather. The forecasts were quite good imho.

I'm a private meteorologist and I do agree the TV boys hyperventilate at each passing snowflake...but the storm was huge, caused lotsa havoc across the region not to mention some deaths because of the storm. Would you have rather had no knowledge of the impending storm? If so, stay away from weather forecasts of all kinds and do your own predicting...and by the way...good luck with that.
TaxTaxTax

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

non story
Mentalist

Inver Grove Heights, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

As usual, I'm wondering how it is that we can't know with much certainty how much snow is going to fall over the next 24 hours, but we do now, with absolute certainty, that we're all going to fry by 2050?
I need to focus my considerable (albeit fraudulent)powers on weather forecasting and climate science, I can see that.
weather freak

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

thanks meteorologists, you were right on the money! It was a wet and messy snow event. Now its time to play in it.!!:)
Comment

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Janice wrote:
While it wasn't the storm of the century, it shows the difference between Mpls and St. Paul - Mpls knows how to plow! Highland streets are a bumpy frozen mess while just across the bridge Mpls streets are clear.
I don't know where you've been, or what you're smoking, but every residential street I had to travel today in Mpls was like a 3rd world ox cart path. I cannot for the life of me understand why those people in the high buch shacks around the lakes tolerate that sort of public service. St paul isn't much, if any better, just got to it a few hours sooner, but still too slow.

“it takes a lot to laugh”

Since: Oct 09

St Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Judged:

To all of you who may be thinking of purchasing a snowblower, just make sure you have the Tecumseh engine on it. Its reliable, starts easy and runs like a dream. Please note I don't money for my endorsement of this engine, its just a great product!
TtB

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

St. Paul streets are plowed worse than Fargo-Moorhead's...
WOW

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

Judged:

cosmicweatherdude wrote:
"Shoulda, coulda, woulda. I guess their "100% chance" of heavy snow did not happen. Maybe next time they will forecast it as a "99% chance." Idiots."
Um, excuse me...we got 10-12" across the metro...that is certainly the definition of heavy snow. The 2nd wave got too much warm air entrained so the 15-20" did not materialize but it was a major, heavy snow....idiot.
COSMICWEATHERDUDE, or as I shall refer to you COSMICWEATHERIDIOT, You totally missed the point of the article.... By coming on the news every 5 minutes throughout the day, declaring a winter storm warning, and saying that is was going to snow for anywhere from 3 - 5 days straight and dump at least 24" of snow, the news media created a ridiculous amount of mass panic that turned out to be unwarranted!

BREAKING NEWS STORY........IT SNOWS IN MINNESOTA IN DECEMBER!

As a side note, I am guessing COSMICWEATHERIDIOT is Sven from KARE 11!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sledding Discussions

Search the Sledding Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Suit prompts Boyce to close sledding hill (Jan '09) Feb '14 End of an Era 11
Boob Sledding Through the Arctic (Feb '13) Apr '13 michellepain 47
Storm packs 1-2 punch of snow, slush (Feb '08) Feb '11 America Gentleman Samuel 7
Letters to santa (Jan '11) Jan '11 cartier 5
Bay Shore to host a winter festival (Dec '08) Dec '10 We r all Immigrants 25
Local woman gets the key to her dream (Dec '07) Nov '10 Angela Levy 5
No pain, no gain for father son sledders (Mar '10) Mar '10 North America 1
•••
•••
•••