Sledder, 62, hurt when improvised roc...

Sledder, 62, hurt when improvised rocket blows up | The Columbu...

There are 5 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Feb 8, 2010, titled Sledder, 62, hurt when improvised rocket blows up | The Columbu.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A 62-year-old sledder looking for a burst of power got it when the homemade rocket strapped to his back exploded, burning him over nearly 20 percent of his body.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

bob

Columbus, OH

#1 Feb 8, 2010
With stunts like this, it's amazing he reached age 62.
McLovin

Merrillville, IN

#2 Feb 9, 2010
Sounds like this guy and Clark Griswold would have an amazing time together.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#3 Feb 9, 2010
Tom Swift and his Rocket-powered Sled.
reichard

Powell, OH

#4 Feb 9, 2010
This feature is great! It's better than TV news,because I get more of the details I am curious about._ Another point- When reading a long piece of text on a website, I lose visual reference to my place, so my eyes don't know where to return to continue. I need a moveable box ,or outline, to place the text against.
ubk2000

Ashburn, VA

#5 Feb 9, 2010
rocket sled? id say more like human pipe bomb. where did the education system go wrong here. maybe it needs to be taught in schools and not taken of the shelves. he would have known that this was not the correct way to make a rocket propellant. its a double edge sword, what to know, what not to know, whose to benefit to keep one in the dark, only the ones that can see the light

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sledding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dog sled tour operator defends industry in wake... (Dec '16) Dec '16 DOG is GOOD 1
News Suit prompts Boyce to close sledding hill (Jan '09) Feb '14 End of an Era 11
News Boob Sledding Through the Arctic (Feb '13) Apr '13 michellepain 47
News Storm packs 1-2 punch of snow, slush (Feb '08) Feb '11 America Gentleman... 7
News Letters to santa (Jan '11) Jan '11 cartier 5
News Bay Shore to host a winter festival (Dec '08) Dec '10 We r all Immigrants 25
News Local woman gets the key to her dream (Dec '07) Nov '10 Angela Levy 5
More from around the web