Bay Shore to host a winter festival

Full story: Newsday 25
Sledding and snowmen and chestnuts roasting by an open fire will help the Town of Islip transform Bay Shore into a winter wonderland next week, in a Norman Rockwell -style bid to showcase a renovated marina and ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cancel libday save money

Bridgeport, CT

#1 Dec 19, 2008
For joy a street fair in downtown Bayshore practice your spanish so you beg for your life as your mugged by an illegal.
The bowels of the south shore.While there visit the friendly drug abuse center and local slums.
Hum

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Dec 19, 2008
For someone whos IP is picked up in Shirley....you shouldn't talk! Anyways it sounds wonderful, it's about time a community brings old fashion Christmas back!
Mr Zyklon Bee

Glen Cove, NY

#3 Dec 19, 2008
Cancel libday save money wrote:
For joy a street fair in downtown Bayshore practice your spanish so you beg for your life as your mugged by an illegal.
The bowels of the south shore.While there visit the friendly drug abuse center and local slums.
Sounds about right. The only street fair I'd care to go to is the one where they decorate the giant Christmas tree with illegal invaders. Now that would be a sight. And, a relatively inexpensive way to get rid of thirty million unwanted squatters. So a few dozen get strung up, that pales in comparison to the murder and mayhem they cause everyday. We could even make the holiday merrier by stuffing them in big pinatas and letting the kids beat the stuffing out of them. Once they're gone, we could get to work on the politicians who let this all happen and their supporters. Humorous kangaroo trials featuring a judge like Roland Friesler would make for great entertainment. Doesn't this weasel on trial look just like one of our typical politicians?
Wildcat Worker

Montvale, NJ

#4 Dec 19, 2008
Hey Mr Bee....I hate to be one who bursts your bubble but I grew up in Bay Shore(two words idiots) and have worked in Huntington Station for 30 years and you should be careful about who you mock.Your schools are overcrowded with the kids of illegal immigrants and your town has the migrant mart where the local shoddy contractor can pick up day laborers.Bay Shore schools have always been racially mixed and the students and staff get along great.There is large community involvement in both schools and neighborhoods and these paople all accept each other.Your town on the other hand cannot get along from town hall down to town drunk.
Cancel libday save money

Bridgeport, CT

#5 Dec 19, 2008
Hum wrote:
For someone whos IP is picked up in Shirley....you shouldn't talk! Anyways it sounds wonderful, it's about time a community brings old fashion Christmas back!
Why my IP comes up shirley I don't know since I don't live there.I lve 20 miles east maybe it's the cable phone IP.
Mr Zyklon Bee

Glen Cove, NY

#6 Dec 19, 2008
Wildcat Worker wrote:
Hey Mr Bee....I hate to be one who bursts your bubble but I grew up in Bay Shore(two words idiots) and have worked in Huntington Station for 30 years and you should be careful about who you mock.Your schools are overcrowded with the kids of illegal immigrants and your town has the migrant mart where the local shoddy contractor can pick up day laborers.Bay Shore schools have always been racially mixed and the students and staff get along great.There is large community involvement in both schools and neighborhoods and these paople all accept each other.Your town on the other hand cannot get along from town hall down to town drunk.
I have no idea why Huntington Station comes up. Needless to say, I wouldn't be caught anywhere near there. I live in a rich jooish neighborhood. It's the only way you can get away from nighrs and latrinos on LI. They don't practice what they preach for the rest of us. In fact, one of my neighbors is a big wig at Erase Racism. Needless to say, I'm all for erasing the people that cause racism. If they weren't around, there would be no need for racism. Simple itz.
Wildcat Worker

Montvale, NJ

#7 Dec 19, 2008
Mr Zyklon Bee wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea why Huntington Station comes up. Needless to say, I wouldn't be caught anywhere near there. I live in a rich jooish neighborhood. It's the only way you can get away from nighrs and latrinos on LI. They don't practice what they preach for the rest of us. In fact, one of my neighbors is a big wig at Erase Racism. Needless to say, I'm all for erasing the people that cause racism. If they weren't around, there would be no need for racism. Simple itz.
Yea yea yea...I'm Santa Claus and Bernard Madoff is innocent.
Cancel libday save money

Bridgeport, CT

#8 Dec 19, 2008
Mr Zyklon Bee wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it ironic that these Libs don't practice what they preach as they run and return to there No illegals, no minority ,no anything neighborhoods filled with there Erase racism camoflauge atitudes.The only illegals they see are cutting there lawns and they won't even offer them a glass of water.
Cancel libday save money

Bridgeport, CT

#9 Dec 19, 2008
Hum wrote:
Hope to see you there,practice what you preach.
Cancel libday save money

Bridgeport, CT

#10 Dec 19, 2008
Some how I just can't picture Norman Rockwell at the Bayshore fair wearing a sombreo with a needle protruding from his arm. He must be rolling in his grave.
apocalypse soon

Center Moriches, NY

#11 Dec 20, 2008
Celebrating the 12 days of Christmas with a Norman Rockwell style "Festivus". How quaint. Look what this name change brought to Patchogue. Grucci was right. Keep Christ in Christmas. Political correctness is intelectual terrorism.
fotoguy

Bellmore, NY

#12 Dec 20, 2008
To the uninformed. In recent years Bayshore has undergone a heck of a transformation both in appearances & businesses. That being the Main St & surrounding area
D OH BAMA

Charlotte, NC

#13 Dec 20, 2008
Here is a tentative list of activities:

12:00 Opening ceremonies, spanish translators will be provided for those still not able to speak spanish

12:10-2:00 Cervesa break

2:00 Illegal driving competition

3:00 Siesta

4:00-5:00 Cervesa break

5:00 Job fair - landscapers, restuarants, bodegas and east end farmers will conduct interviews at the 7-11 on Brentwood Rd in Bayshore. EOE

6:00 roast pig dinner

7:00 Mariachi band

8:00 Seminar: Pregnant and Illegal in the USA

9:00 Networking: Reuniting with the family, organizing your next caravan.

10:00 Media relations: How the media is your friend.

11:00 Closing ceremonies, playing of the Mexican national anthem
D OH BAMA

Charlotte, NC

#14 Dec 20, 2008
fotoguy wrote:
To the uninformed. In recent years Bayshore has undergone a heck of a transformation both in appearances & businesses. That being the Main St & surrounding area
That transformation has been a work in progress for 30 years!
fotoguy

Bellmore, NY

#15 Dec 20, 2008
D OH BAMA wrote:
<quoted text>
That transformation has been a work in progress for 30 years!
True, but the point is it isn't what some posters are making it out to be
Cancel libday save money

Bridgeport, CT

#16 Dec 20, 2008
fotoguy wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but the point is it isn't what some posters are making it out to be
It may have been going on for 30 years and the dump still the same if not worse.So much for wasting needed taxpayers money.
tired of it

Westhampton, NY

#17 Dec 20, 2008
Put your wallets in your socks. Ladies, leave your pocketbooks at home unless you fill it with razorblades. This is Payday for the many residents of Bayshore. This aint no "It's a wonderful life " outing
tired of it

Westhampton, NY

#18 Dec 20, 2008
fotoguy wrote:
Try to convince the Pathmark Employees that. The place has only gotten uglier over the years with crimes, language barriers and Welfare recipients that want their feet kissed.
MLK

Westhampton, NY

#19 Dec 20, 2008
Will Newsday please follow up on Arrests and Crimes reported after this "winter" festival is over?
Norman Rockwell indeed.

Will the Feds be there checking Citizenship? If not then Why not?
Cancel libday save money

Bridgeport, CT

#20 Dec 20, 2008
The only fair visitors will be ICE and the police.Oh yes and Seignior Potter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sledding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suit prompts Boyce to close sledding hill (Jan '09) Feb '14 End of an Era 11
Boob Sledding Through the Arctic (Feb '13) Apr '13 michellepain 47
Storm packs 1-2 punch of snow, slush (Feb '08) Feb '11 America Gentleman... 7
Letters to santa (Jan '11) Jan '11 cartier 5
Local woman gets the key to her dream (Dec '07) Nov '10 Angela Levy 5
No pain, no gain for father son sledders (Mar '10) Mar '10 North America 1
12-Year-Old Boy Dies After Sled Riding Accident (Mar '10) Mar '10 Ryan Pavlov 3
•••
•••

Sledding People Search