Sled ban on hold

Sled ban on hold

There are 21 comments on the Evening Sun story from Mar 6, 2009, titled Sled ban on hold. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

West Manheim Township officials hope the warmer weather might have settled their sledding problems for this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Happiness is an attitude”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#22 Mar 9, 2009
JustMyHonestOpinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,and we were all kids at one time so we know that those things do happen. As long as the property owner doesn't have an attractive invitation or problem that invites the kids to injure themselves, he shouldn't be held responsible for kids doing what kids do.
I agree, but not so much. We have a pool and soon to be hot tub in our back yard. That is an attractive invitation on our property that my husband and I have the right to own! I believe this all comes down to who is watching the kids, and not the kids at all. Personaly because of my neighbors we pad locked all gates to our fence (oh yeah, and built a bigger fence), and have pad locks to the ladder to the pool (have not figured out the hot tub yet because it is not here yet). It's sad that it comes to that, but we did what we felt we had to do so a child will not drown on our property. Believe it or not (hope you do because it is true) we DO like our neighbors! lol. I am not the person that will cause problems. I will be the first person the gives my number to the home ovner before we to the hospitail if my kid (when I have one) gets stitches on a piece of ice sleding down a hill on their property. Unfrtunetly I can't say the same for other people. People like that are out there, and I don't blame the home owner for being concerned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sledding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suit prompts Boyce to close sledding hill (Jan '09) Feb '14 End of an Era 11
News Boob Sledding Through the Arctic (Feb '13) Apr '13 michellepain 47
News Storm packs 1-2 punch of snow, slush (Feb '08) Feb '11 America Gentleman... 7
News Letters to santa (Jan '11) Jan '11 cartier 5
News Bay Shore to host a winter festival (Dec '08) Dec '10 We r all Immigrants 25
News Local woman gets the key to her dream (Dec '07) Nov '10 Angela Levy 5
News No pain, no gain for father son sledders (Mar '10) Mar '10 North America 1
More from around the web