Ohno disqualified in 500 short track ...

Ohno disqualified in 500 short track final

There are 35 comments on the KSTU - Fox 13 story from Feb 27, 2010, titled Ohno disqualified in 500 short track final. In it, KSTU - Fox 13 reports that:

Apolo Anton Ohno was disqualified in the 500-meter short track speedskating final Friday night, apparently for causing a crash in the final turn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSTU - Fox 13.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
deborah3311

United States

#1 Feb 27, 2010
Did you see the Canadian Hamelin push the Korean skater down? I guess the Canadian officials were too busy disqualifying Ohno to see what really happened. I wonder if Hamelin will get to keep his Gold when Korea relizes what happened. I think he should be disqualified. What good for one skater is good for all.
Bueller

Burnaby, Canada

#2 Feb 27, 2010
There not Canadian judges/officials!!
Pollycuti

Msida, Malta

#3 Feb 27, 2010
WOW
Rules R Rules

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Feb 27, 2010
deborah3311 wrote:
Did you see the Canadian Hamelin push the Korean skater down? I guess the Canadian officials were too busy disqualifying Ohno to see what really happened. I wonder if Hamelin will get to keep his Gold when Korea relizes what happened. I think he should be disqualified. What good for one skater is good for all.
Have seen the replay several times. If Ohno gets the boot, Hamelin and the Korean should have as well. They ALL did the same thing. The Korean even grabbed Hamelins Skate!
Billy May Jackson

Surrey, Canada

#5 Feb 27, 2010
It is too bad, it is not as if he did it on purpose but the rules are there. He no doubt did place second otherwise. For sure he will be more careful next time. Congrats to him on all his other achiements.
milan ortonovic

Canada

#6 Feb 27, 2010
deborah3311 wrote:
you can not have a judge from a country that is competing in the final. thats a fact. so quit crying sane your tears for when canada beats your ass in hockey tomorrow in a game that matters. GOLD MEDAL GAME 2132
David Roberts

San Jose, CA

#7 Feb 27, 2010
Either way the rules will have to be changed, or else there will be no reason to have this sport. There is no way for sure to tell whether a touch is a push, so the only way someone gets DQ'd is if the skater touched falls. You won't find falls on superior skaters like Ohno.

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Since: Jan 09

Manhattan Beach CA

#8 Feb 27, 2010
David Roberts wrote:
Either way the rules will have to be changed, or else there will be no reason to have this sport. There is no way for sure to tell whether a touch is a push, so the only way someone gets DQ'd is if the skater touched falls. You won't find falls on superior skaters like Ohno.
agree, that was hardly a push, it doesn't take much to lose an edge in that sport, he got jobbed plain ans simple

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Since: Jan 09

Manhattan Beach CA

#9 Feb 27, 2010
milan ortonovic wrote:
<quoted text> you can not have a judge from a country that is competing in the final. thats a fact. so quit crying sane your tears for when canada beats your ass in hockey tomorrow in a game that matters. GOLD MEDAL GAME 2132
I don't think it's the only game that matters, but it's a big game, me I'd rathers see the college kinds and Junior players in the Olympics, hate the Pro's in Hockey and Basketball.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#10 Feb 27, 2010
milan ortonovic wrote:
<quoted text> you can not have a judge from a country that is competing in the final. thats a fact. so quit crying sane your tears for when canada beats your ass in hockey tomorrow in a game that matters. GOLD MEDAL GAME 2132
You might be right on the gold medal game, however, remember that the canucks can not even win in the NHL, I thought this was Canadian game and they get their collective asses beat ever year going for Mr. Stanley's Cup.
deborah3311

United States

#11 Feb 27, 2010
milan ortonovic wrote:
No one's crying here but we took your ass down the other day and tomorrow will be no different. So suck it up! As far as Hamelin is concerned he should loose his metal for his actions on the ice. Oh! and yes it was a canadian official that disqualified Ohno which is suppose to be against the rules. But, hey you know how canadians are they never play by the rules they cheat every chance they get and pass judgement on those who do not share their views.
deborah3311

United States

#12 Feb 27, 2010
Well I guess you were not watching the race because that is exactly what happened. A Canadian official is the one that disqualified Ohno. There is defiantly something wrong with that picture wouldn’t you agree. Oh, and as far as the hockey game tomorrow the U.S. beat your collective asses the other day and tomorrow will be no different. If Canadian hockey is so great why do the best players come to the U.S. to play for our teams? Riddle me that one Batman?

“crystelZENmud”

Since: Jan 07

Reality City

#13 Feb 28, 2010
milan ortonovic wrote:
It'll be a tough match, I hope it's a fair, clean one!

zVONNcouver

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#14 Feb 28, 2010
manhattan_beach_dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's the only game that matters, but it's a big game, me I'd rathers see the college kinds and Junior players in the Olympics, hate the Pro's in Hockey and Basketball.
Would be nice, but the rules were changed to break the Soviets' domination, as their 'amateurs' were all paid-salary Army officers... so we 'caught up' and 'evened the experience' way back when...

Z)))

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#15 Feb 28, 2010
http://live.isu.org/vsite/vfile/page/fileurl/...
(ISU Rules: Speed and Short-track (which is pp. 99-115)

Use the *find* command (PDF) for
"Individual racing rules"
then
*Disqualification*

Interestingly, there's no Appeal from a Referee's track-side decision

Zjd
__ABC__

Franklin, TN

#16 Feb 28, 2010
cheaters you can eat the corn out of my butt.

“What is life?”

Since: Feb 09

Backwoods

#17 Feb 28, 2010
deborah3311 wrote:
Well I guess you were not watching the race because that is exactly what happened. A Canadian official is the one that disqualified Ohno. There is defiantly something wrong with that picture wouldn’t you agree. Oh, and as far as the hockey game tomorrow the U.S. beat your collective asses the other day and tomorrow will be no different. If Canadian hockey is so great why do the best players come to the U.S. to play for our teams? Riddle me that one Batman?
the point has now been made so suck it up! And the reason in case you have not noticed Many americans are playing in Canadian NHL teams! It just shows how much you know. Canada with a population of thirty seven million ice holes and an economy a tenth of the USA has the energy to compete and kick your American asses.
AS seen in Kandahar, brothers in arms but not on ice.
milan ortonovic

Canada

#18 Feb 28, 2010
it was canadian cock that produced many off your hockey players

“Untouchable!!!!”

Since: May 07

Whitney Pier

#19 Feb 28, 2010
deborah3311 wrote:
The players are drafted by NHL franchises...they dont just decide to go play for a certain team. Your country has many more venues to house these franchises. You have afterall...300 million to our 38 million. You did not beat our collective asses, you won a hockey game. Today we returned the favor. Canada did not cheat in speed skating. Ohno caused the interference. I don't see ya crowing about all the Dominican, Jamaican etc players in baseball??....Riddle me that one JOKER
VH Rocks

Dartmouth, Canada

#20 Feb 28, 2010
deborah3311 wrote:
You can't be very bright. You must be yada's mother.

Players are drafted, they don't decide where they want to go.
If they could decide, do you think they would want to play for lame teams such as the Tampa Bay Lightning, Florida Panthers or the Phoenix Coyotes as opposed to a real team like the Montreal Canadiens?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympic Short Track Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Moscow To Build $230B Bullet Train to Beijing (Jan '15) Jan '15 wave 1
News Russia's success in Sochi Olympics is imported (Feb '14) Feb '14 PAUL SHYKORA arts 31
News Newly retired Apolo Ohno to work in TV at Olympics (Jul '13) Jul '13 Old Sam 1
News Cox comes through with flying colours (Mar '11) Mar '11 anything you say 1
News Eight-time Olympic medalist Apolo Anton Ohno sm... (Mar '10) Apr '10 NiKki lee 2
News Ohno Becomes Most Decorated US Winter Olympian (Feb '10) Apr '10 jasmin 5
News JR Celski's sun tattoo pays homage to his Filip... (Mar '10) Apr '10 jasmin 4
More from around the web