St. Paul Figure Skating Club plans 75...

St. Paul Figure Skating Club plans 75th anniversary reunion 'Pops' show

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 17, 2010, titled St. Paul Figure Skating Club plans 75th anniversary reunion 'Pops' show. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

This promotional flier announces a St. Paul Figure Skating Club ice revue from April 1967.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Saint Paul RiverRat

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Dec 18, 2010
I am a child of the 1950s and 60s and remember looking forward to weekly visits to the Pop Concerts, sitting at the rink side tables with their red checkerboard tablecloths. My Dad was a mail carrier and the highlight of the concerts was Big Jim Murray, a carrier who was a friend of my Dad's, who sang at the Pop Concerts with the Apollo Club. Jim would regularly sing with the Apollo Club at the concerts and usually would also sing his trademark solo "Ol Man River". Thanks for the memories!
anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Dec 18, 2010
What a wonderful story and an amazing man. Congratulations to the St. Paul Skating Club on 75 years of "Fun on Ice". Have a wonderful celebration Mr. Conway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ice Skating Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russian track and field athletes banned from Ri... Jun '16 PUTINs JUNKIES 2
News The puck is dropped on the Acton Arena Naming C... Mar '16 BIA 2
News US figure skating darling makes racist tweet, a... (Nov '13) Jan '16 Fart news 32
News Harrison students in the swim thanks to princip... (Jan '10) Nov '15 Fart news 7
News WZZM13 - Plainfield Skating Rink closes (Jul '07) Nov '15 jmac15285 51
News Skater Weir, an ex-Lancaster County resident, s... (Jan '11) Nov '15 Fart news 6
News Hurricane taken 19th in OHL draft Belleville Bu... (Nov '08) May '15 Oakville Buzz 5
More from around the web