Russia to host 2016 Hockey Worlds

May 13, 2011 Full story: rt.com 49

Friday 13 has become a lucky day for Russia as the country has won the right to host the 2016 Ice Hockey World Championships.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ronan

UK

#41 May 15, 2011
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>

It seems to me that the main reason you are against the London Olympics is, because you won't be able to travel normally for a couple of weeks. Do you think that they haven't worked out the logistics of ferrying the athletes to their venues well in advance.
Well, obviously that's important to me, but temporary inconvenience is nothing compared to the cost which we will have to fork out.

You maybe live in the province, and it doesn't affect you, but Londoners will pick up the bill. Our business and council taxes will go through the roof; it's already started.

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Loved everywhere

#42 May 15, 2011
Whom would you support if there was the World championship of agricultural farms ?
ronan

UK

#43 May 15, 2011
SWG wrote:
<quoted text>
I REALLY hope I'm wrong about the Sochi Olympic games but I have the feeling that things there "COULD" get ugly and have a VERY negative effect on Russia due to Chechnya. You know as well as I that those killers already have plans to make a statement in one way or another.
If there was a terrorist attack engineered by Chechen rebels in Sochi, I can't see how it would reflect badly on Russia. Most Western countries have experienced terrorism now, and none is accused for it, or adversaly criticised.
It may highlight the problem in Russia and even attract sympathy for Russia.

If there is a terrosist attck in London next year during the Olympics, do you think it will reflect badly on Britain?

Terrorism is an international threat, not contained in just one place. Most educated people understand that.

SWG

Since: Feb 10

Houston, Texas

#44 May 15, 2011
ronan wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was a terrorist attack engineered by Chechen rebels in Sochi, I can't see how it would reflect badly on Russia. Most Western countries have experienced terrorism now, and none is accused for it, or adversaly criticised.
It may highlight the problem in Russia and even attract sympathy for Russia.
If there is a terrosist attck in London next year during the Olympics, do you think it will reflect badly on Britain?
Terrorism is an international threat, not contained in just one place. Most educated people understand that.
Yes it is viewed that way by intelligent people but who says that all are intelligent or that the media won't spin this the way they want it to read. I don't just mean the western media either but all the media. You see how the media is. They print and say what they want whether it is true or not.
ronan

UK

#45 May 15, 2011
SWG wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is viewed that way by intelligent people but who says that all are intelligent or that the media won't spin this the way they want it to read. I don't just mean the western media either but all the media. You see how the media is. They print and say what they want whether it is true or not.
By your reckoning, should the London Olympics suffer a terrorist attack, the media will link that with Britain's intervention in Iraq, Afghanistan and the support to anti-Gaddafi rebels, and in some way justify it?

I am not sure the leadership at the Kremlin is too concerned with media opinion. In any case, anyone who stands up to mindless terrorism has my support.

SWG

Since: Feb 10

Houston, Texas

#46 May 15, 2011
ronan wrote:
<quoted text>
By your reckoning, should the London Olympics suffer a terrorist attack, the media will link that with Britain's intervention in Iraq, Afghanistan and the support to anti-Gaddafi rebels, and in some way justify it?
I am not sure the leadership at the Kremlin is too concerned with media opinion. In any case, anyone who stands up to mindless terrorism has my support.
I don't think the leadership anywhere should be concerned. JUST act to them as brutal as they act to you. As far as standing up to a terrorist we agree! I also don't care how they do it either! No prisoners, except to get information and then dispose of them.

“UG X”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#47 May 15, 2011
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>You bash the UK, but back Russia 100%.
Ahhhh, there is a reason for that. you see, ronin has SPECIAL connection to Russia. By French and Russian revolution.
Both were result of machinations of Jewish Bankers and were led by Freemasons in quest for new world order that is a world free from the rule of monarchy and church and ruled by power of money.

FCR

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48 May 16, 2011
Cayo wrote:
too bad this country never wanted to invest in its own people
I'm totally agree with you. The government mobsters have been slowly killing russian people, but on the other hand rotten oligarchs are stealing more and more money and to buy parts of the UK.

Since: May 12

Singapore

#49 Jun 29, 2012
go compare in this weight category to Brazilian favellas and get some knowledge who invested in its people and who did not...Bur you are an idiot, aren't you?, so you was so impressed by Soviet propaganda that you indeed think that Russia is the same as USA economically and so should be compared to North America?

http://www.trademichaelkors.com/michael-kors-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ice Hockey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Treasure Hunt: Clue No. 8 (Jan '09) Dec 16 MissingGreenDough... 11
McCain camp: Obama's 'lipstick' remark disgrace... (Sep '08) Dec 9 Monopoly China 2,744
Twisters to host Chinese women's national team Nov '14 many twist the truth 1
Nelson, Loyola represent GHAC at OFSAA field ho... Nov '14 halton hills rebels 1
Halton Hills squads were golden oldies at own t... (Nov '08) Oct '14 Sunny Acre Farms 2
Lewis new commish of Central League (Jul '08) Oct '14 did he bang his head 5
Atlanta youth hockey continues to grow in 2015 Aug '14 West Nile vs Ebola 1
More from around the web