SCHOLASTIC HOCKEY Konkrete Kids skate away with long-awaited ic...

Northampton defeated Nazareth 10-2 Wednesday in Game 2 of a best-of-three series to secure the Lehigh Valley Scholastic Hockey League Non-Pure Division championship. Full Story
LV Guy

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Mar 12, 2009
Coach Ruff and Team, congratulation on an outstanding season! Northampton is definitely the home of HS hockey in the valley. We have the Coach Ruff, his family and the many players through his program to thank.

Great Job!!
Hmmmmm

Schnecksville, PA

#2 Mar 12, 2009
Congrats to all the kids who played on the Northampton team. Austin Mishko is one of the best goalies at the varsity level, pure or non-pure.

LV Guy ... I don't understand how someone could consider Northampton the heart of HS Hockey when their teams are non-pure. Their JV team is combined with Whitehall, plus kids from Catty, Moravian, and the Pocono area. I realize at JV there isn't a pure and non-pure division, but it kinds of makes one go HMMMMMM when a certain school is named champion but skaters on the team are from other home schools.
Beer Shopper

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Mar 12, 2009
Hmmmmm wrote:
Congrats to all the kids who played on the Northampton team. Austin Mishko is one of the best goalies at the varsity level, pure or non-pure.
LV Guy ... I don't understand how someone could consider Northampton the heart of HS Hockey when their teams are non-pure. Their JV team is combined with Whitehall, plus kids from Catty, Moravian, and the Pocono area. I realize at JV there isn't a pure and non-pure division, but it kinds of makes one go HMMMMMM when a certain school is named champion but skaters on the team are from other home schools.
Northampton's Varsity team was a Non-Pure Team this year for the first time only because they lost 8 players to graduation last year. This year they had 12 Pure from Northampton and only 2 from Liberty because they also lost most of their team from graduation and did not have enough for a Varsity team. You are right though Austin Mishko is an incredible Goalie!
LV Guy

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Mar 13, 2009
The pure / non-pure thing is BS. So let's see, we limit competition in the Lehigh Valley just so we get to have one team take a beating in Philly for one game! This make no sense, never has.

The Flyers cup if full of non-pure teams. All of the Catholic schools are non-pure by the standards applied to the LV teams. The LVSHL should stop driving the arrangement of its league because one team early on wanted to be the team in the Flyers Cup, so it MADE the league be divided. This has NEVER made sense for the valleys HS hockey.

The valley need to have it's OWN post season tournament and invite the winner of the Flyers Cup to play here. Seize the day, stop the insanity, have ONE league.

“Life is Good”

Since: Mar 07

North Whitehall

#5 Mar 13, 2009
I'm sorry I just don't get the whole non pure concept. What's the point of playing for a high school team when you don't go to that school? Is the player from Liberty going to wear a Northampton ice hockey jacket?

If your school doesn't have a team, try and start one or suck it up. The majority of the players that play for other schools are travel kids, it's not like they are not getting ice time.

I always took pride playing for my school and wearing my school uniform/jersey. So I can't wrap my head around playing for another school.
tj fritz

Lehighton, PA

#6 Dec 18, 2011
kids are a great program so is parkland we should take are best and form one team from lhvshl and show people are true talented players along with the most supporting parents and families that are in the lehigh valley the lhvshl has turned out some of the most talented players and probably one of the most exciting players to watch up to date is 4 for parkland bye far one of the best get out see a game

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ice Hockey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Halton Hills squads were golden oldies at own t... (Nov '08) Oct 14 Sunny Acre Farms 2
Lewis new commish of Central League (Jul '08) Oct 8 did he bang his head 5
Atlanta youth hockey continues to grow in 2015 Aug '14 West Nile vs Ebola 1
Kevin Dineen back in the NHL with Chicago Black... Jul '14 B-Hawks Forever 1
As World Cup fervor sweeps the U.S., Pittsburgh... Jun '14 Fat Abbott 8
Hall of Fame adds five (May '14) May '14 arena debt reserv... 1
Huntsville to play major role in 2014 winter games (May '14) May '14 El Nino 1

Ice Hockey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE