Eagan man saves 15 baby ducks from sewer

As the CEO of a telecommunications company, Shawn Schmidt has to keep a close eye on his bottom line. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mary N of Eagan

Minneapolis, MN

#43 Jul 17, 2009
A few years ago I found the same problem in Apple Valley. About 10 ducklings were in a storm drain, which by the way the slats are too far apart and they fall in them a lot, I spent the better part of the day trying to rescue them with the help of my family and a policeman arrived and said I was not aloud to do keep trying to save them. This man told me to move along, I said he could arrest me if he wanted to but I was staying. I told him I thought his job was to protect and serve and this must be the serve part. He got a little irritated and left me to finish the job. We got them out and returned them to mom.
JDavis

Saint Paul, MN

#44 Jul 17, 2009
This is my "happy news" report for the month. It actually would be a very fine children's story. The "hero" should get it written and find an illustrator.
blackyblack

Saint Paul, MN

#46 Jul 17, 2009
that was so kind of him to do that for them.
Fan

Saint Paul, MN

#47 Jul 17, 2009
Shawn rocks !!!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#48 Jul 17, 2009
Very touching story, it shows there still are good and caring people who really know what counts. Many thanks to you Shawn Schmidt.
Digital Planet Comm

Saint Paul, MN

#49 Jul 17, 2009
I Googled Shawn, and it appears his company is Digital Planet in Mendota Heights. This link has a picture of him:

http://www.dpcinc.com/pdf/2009-05-CustomerAdv...

If anyone reading this article or posts makes decisions about the services they provide, take the extra step like he did. Call their business! We need more people like Shawn. And, no, I'm not an employee of their company or even heard of it before.
Real good feel good

Minneapolis, MN

#51 Jul 17, 2009
What a beautiful thing to do! This is the first story I've read in a very long time that made me smile and feel good about what I was reading! I know your son must be beaming with pride about you! I am very proud of you and don't even know you. This is a real good feel good story!
RDT

Grand Rapids, MN

#52 Jul 18, 2009
Best story in the newspaper. Looks like the city needs to work on their storm sewer grates so they're not live traps for animals.
Herman da German

Minneapolis, MN

#53 Jul 18, 2009
Herr Schmidt, good job.
Rita

Redmond, WA

#54 Jul 18, 2009
I want to cry, Thank You Mr. Schmitt, your helpers, and your son for being the kind and loving person you must be. These little creatures are in danger every minute of their lives, and most of the time we do not know about it. Their survival is up to us, we have to be vigilant. We are on the lake and have saved so many animals from painful death. We have been richly rewarded as a result. Thanks again.
Gina

Minneapolis, MN

#55 Jul 18, 2009
Yay for him.. I wish there were more people like this around.
kat from saint paul

United States

#56 Jul 18, 2009
This is an amazing story! My Dad and Uncle are avid hunters and supporters of Ducks Unlimited and it is so important to save these ducks especially after all of the urban development.

Thank you to the man risking his safety to save these little gosslings and giving them a chance on life!
Katey

South Saint Paul, MN

#57 Jun 11, 2011
If you got the true story, it would be completely different. So sad to know it was retold without seeing what really happened.....publicity worked in his favor.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ice Hockey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Twisters to host Chinese women's national team Nov 21 many twist the truth 1
Nelson, Loyola represent GHAC at OFSAA field ho... Nov 3 halton hills rebels 1
Halton Hills squads were golden oldies at own t... (Nov '08) Oct '14 Sunny Acre Farms 2
Lewis new commish of Central League (Jul '08) Oct '14 did he bang his head 5
Atlanta youth hockey continues to grow in 2015 Aug '14 West Nile vs Ebola 1
Kevin Dineen back in the NHL with Chicago Black... Jul '14 B-Hawks Forever 1
As World Cup fervor sweeps the U.S., Pittsburgh... Jun '14 Fat Abbott 8

Ice Hockey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE