Eagan man saves 15 baby ducks from sewer

As the CEO of a telecommunications company, Shawn Schmidt has to keep a close eye on his bottom line. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Karen

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jul 17, 2009
What a beautiful story, This is what life is all about. God Bless you Shawn Schmidt.
Sharon - Eagan

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jul 17, 2009
Great job!!!
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jul 17, 2009
Such a nice story for a change.
Annie

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jul 17, 2009
I love this story!
Steve

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jul 17, 2009
What an amazing story, anybody who does not think animals have thought or reasoning just needs to read this story. Mother duck calling out for help as she realized what had happened and a hero answered the call.

“Just dance.........”

Since: Jan 09

East Side

#6 Jul 17, 2009
After all the bad & sad news stories it was so great to read this one!! What a kind man.
DoveGirl

United States

#7 Jul 17, 2009
Thanks Shawn!
Deb

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Jul 17, 2009
LOVE this story - thanks for brightening up my Friday morning! And a huge 'Thank You' to Shawn!
Diane

Marquette, MI

#9 Jul 17, 2009
Thanks, Shawn and all the others who helped! You made my day!!
Huh

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Jul 17, 2009
BRAVO Shawn Schmidt!! You made my day!
jaynjenny1

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jul 17, 2009
Shawn Schmidt is a real life hero!!!!
A Mom

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Jul 17, 2009
My Dad did the same thing when I was a young girl (except only one storm sewer). My two sisters and I discovered the ducklings and would not relent until he did something to save them. We were so excited when the ducklings were re-united with their momma. It is one of many memorable stories I like to share with my boys about their wonderful grandpa.

Thanks Shawn for putting a remembering smile on my face.
Smartass

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jul 17, 2009
" updated 10:49 a.m. CT, Wed., July 8, 2009

BERLIN - A badger in Germany got so drunk on over-ripe cherries it staggered into the middle of a road and refused to budge, police said Wednesday.

A motorist called police near the central town of Goslar to report a dead badger on a road only for officers to turn up and discover the animal alive and well, but drunk.

Police discovered the nocturnal beast had eaten cherries from a nearby tree which had turned to alcohol and given the badger diarrhea.
Having failed to scare the animal away, officers eventually chased it from the road with a broom. "

Another good story, but I thought badgers were in Wisconsin....
Mary Allen

United States

#16 Jul 17, 2009
a great story about one of the more decent human beings around!!
Troy

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Jul 17, 2009
A "feel good" story with a happy ending. Thank you!
MKA

Pittsburg, CA

#18 Jul 17, 2009
Awesome story.
Sigh

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Jul 17, 2009
What a nice story.
DUH

Phoenix, AZ

#20 Jul 17, 2009
Smartass wrote:
" updated 10:49 a.m. CT, Wed., July 8, 2009
BERLIN - A badger in Germany got so drunk on over-ripe cherries it staggered into the middle of a road and refused to budge, police said Wednesday.
A motorist called police near the central town of Goslar to report a dead badger on a road only for officers to turn up and discover the animal alive and well, but drunk.
Police discovered the nocturnal beast had eaten cherries from a nearby tree which had turned to alcohol and given the badger diarrhea.
Having failed to scare the animal away, officers eventually chased it from the road with a broom. "
Another good story, but I thought badgers were in Wisconsin....
Your name says it all! Why ruin a good story? Not the same at all.

“Domestic Goddess/Housekee per”

Since: Feb 08

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Jul 17, 2009
What a wonderful and touching story! Truly an inspiration! Brought tears to my eyes!

God bless you, Shawn Schmidt, you're a true hero and proof that there ARE "good people" still around!
Right

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Jul 17, 2009
Now someone needs to go back and put screens below the grates. Sounds like a busy area for a duck crossing with the 2 ponds nearby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ice Hockey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Treasure Hunt: Clue No. 8 (Jan '09) Dec 16 MissingGreenDough... 11
McCain camp: Obama's 'lipstick' remark disgrace... (Sep '08) Dec 9 Monopoly China 2,744
Twisters to host Chinese women's national team Nov '14 many twist the truth 1
Nelson, Loyola represent GHAC at OFSAA field ho... Nov '14 halton hills rebels 1
Halton Hills squads were golden oldies at own t... (Nov '08) Oct '14 Sunny Acre Farms 2
Lewis new commish of Central League (Jul '08) Oct '14 did he bang his head 5
Atlanta youth hockey continues to grow in 2015 Aug '14 West Nile vs Ebola 1
More from around the web