DA: Money woes may have sparked Westf...

DA: Money woes may have sparked Westford tragedy

There are 125 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Feb 3, 2010, titled DA: Money woes may have sparked Westford tragedy. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

After receiving two 911 hangups from her 7 Makepeace Road home at 8:25 and 8:30 Monday night, a police dispatcher quickly called 17-year-old Olivia Marchand back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Amazed

Lowell, MA

#145 Feb 7, 2010
Catmomdu wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never have allowed my motber to work a second job, never mind a third so I could have "stuff".
If she had even tried to do so I would not have accepted "stuff".
We were poor growing up so I got a job as soon as I could and never asked her for anything because I knew it would be hard.
But hey, it's a different world...Are you a leech too?
Why are you assuming I'm a leech? Because I find your comments heartless and disgusting? What is your problem? You called this beautiful innocent young lady who just had a funeral a leech. Are you proud of yourself?
Catmomdu

Tewksbury, MA

#146 Feb 7, 2010
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you assuming I'm a leech? Because I find your comments heartless and disgusting? What is your problem? You called this beautiful innocent young lady who just had a funeral a leech. Are you proud of yourself?
I'm not assuming anything. It's a fair question, and if had a brain and paid attention, you would realize I am not blaming Olivia.
If you are a friend of hers, I sympathize with you.
If you're just interested in this story and curious as I am, quit being so ignorant making assumptions and calling people names.
Amazed

Lowell, MA

#148 Feb 8, 2010
Catmomdu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not assuming anything. It's a fair question, and if had a brain and paid attention, you would realize I am not blaming Olivia.
If you are a friend of hers, I sympathize with you.
If you're just interested in this story and curious as I am, quit being so ignorant making assumptions and calling people names.
Your assuming Olivia is a leech. That is what you called her. Then because I defended her and was utterly shocked that people can speak so of her so callously you stated am I a leech too. I didn't call anyone any names nor am I ignorant. I stated for you to come on here and call Olivia a leech while people are grieving makes you a terrible person. That's my opinion. Where do you get off telling me to quit being so ignorant when I'm stating my opinion? Some of us are having a really tough time with all of this and your comments are not helping. I'm done.
Ya right

Lowell, MA

#150 Feb 8, 2010
Mom of UMass Kids wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe all you entitled Westford kids need to move to Lowell and get jobs instead of wishing your parents kill themselves so you can cry crocodile tears all the way to the bank.
It must be such a burden, waiting for them to die.
Catmondu I see you changed your name again huh? why dont you just man up and use your real name if you really want to say this shizz.
xx98787xx

Concord, MA

#151 Feb 8, 2010
Mom of UMass Kids wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe all you entitled Westford kids need to move to Lowell and get jobs instead of wishing your parents kill themselves so you can cry crocodile tears all the way to the bank.
It must be such a burden, waiting for them to die.
your comments are disgusting and taken completly out of context. about her mother working three jobs just to support her horse: this is bullshit i have no clue where your getting your info but that was just wrong. you have absolutly no reason to beleive olivia was a leech nor do you have any proof that her college was what sent him over the edge, no one will know for a while. do not speak of things you dont know. olivia was a beautiful girl who could light up a room, she had a bright future ahead of her that was cut short. if you do not know how to respect those that are deceased i ask you to stop talking. it is disgraceful and a terrible way to treat olivia. i know that Westford Academy will never forget what she offered this world and her potential to offer so much more. as for westford kids needing to get jobs, most of us have jobs- although it is difficult to find them. do not label us as entitled based on what town we have grown up in, that is ignorant. i hope that you realize the magnitude of some of the things you have said and i hope you regret them, if not then you will never understand common human decency.

Live for Liv

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ice Fishing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bucket rivalry inspires IU, Purdue jokes (Nov '06) Nov '13 GoBuckeyes 125
Ice Fishing News (Mar '13) Mar '13 Edward Lamkin 1
News No fishing license? No problem at Minnesota sta... (May '09) May '12 minnesota hmong boi 23
News Ice fishing a winter alternative for local spor... (Feb '10) Mar '12 ice fishing 2
News Veterans get a hand up with medical foster care (Jan '10) Apr '11 Dori Smith 29
News 2011 St. Paul Winter Carnival Schedule of Events (Jan '11) Jan '11 Correction 1
News In winter, Erie islanders get a lift, a lifelin... (Jan '10) Mar '10 Pete 9
More from around the web