Lesbians raise smart, social kids: study

Lesbians raise smart, social kids: study

There are 4 comments on the Slam Sports story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Lesbians raise smart, social kids: study. In it, Slam Sports reports that:

Tuesday, Jun 8, 2010 In Canada, same-sex couples can legally adopt in most provinces, however the laws are complex from region to region.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Slam Sports.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#1 Jun 9, 2010
My thinking is that the correlation is not because they are lesbians, but because they are out lesbians. Being "out" requires some introspection and intelligence and probably makes them better parents. Also, in the cases where there children are biological, it means they likely have better genetic stock.

It would be interesting to find some lesbians who stayed in het marriages and raised kids to see how their kids measured up.
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#2 Jun 9, 2010
JohnInToronto wrote:
My thinking is that the correlation is not because they are lesbians, but because they are out lesbians. Being "out" requires some introspection and intelligence and probably makes them better parents. Also, in the cases where there children are biological, it means they likely have better genetic stock.
It would be interesting to find some lesbians who stayed in het marriages and raised kids to see how their kids measured up.
John you make the assumption that a lesbian in a het marriage cannot be a happy and balanced person raising a happy and balanced child. It might not be your cup of tea, but not everyone is put together the same way you are.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#3 Jun 9, 2010
The Virgin Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
John you make the assumption that a lesbian in a het marriage cannot be a happy and balanced person raising a happy and balanced child. It might not be your cup of tea, but not everyone is put together the same way you are.
If you read my comments, I did not say that. I said it takes some introspection and intelligence to specifically come out of the closet. I did not say that GLBT people IN the closet were any LESS intelligent than straight people - just that it would be interesting to see the study repeated with them.
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#4 Jun 9, 2010
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read my comments, I did not say that. I said it takes some introspection and intelligence to specifically come out of the closet. I did not say that GLBT people IN the closet were any LESS intelligent than straight people - just that it would be interesting to see the study repeated with them.
Yes, I read your comments. I didn't understand what you were trying to say. Thanks for clarifying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympic Curling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Visually impaired grandmother stoned, robbed (Oct '09) Aug '15 Punish the Innoce... 8
News Kean rink building confidence, chemistry at Tan... (Mar '15) Mar '15 stewart scott 2
News Bandidos gang back in Canada (Mar '08) Dec '14 the fat canadian 56
News James Hook, pictured, has not been selected in ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 David1982 1
News His problem, their love life (Nov '08) Jun '14 Phil 16
News Former Baltimore Colts cornerback Milt Davis di... (Oct '08) Apr '14 Paul Falcon 4
News Daniel O'Donnell delights (Aug '07) Feb '14 Deirdre 3
More from around the web