Hodgson open to Supertramp reunion

Hodgson open to Supertramp reunion

There are 4 comments on the Slam Sports story from Apr 30, 2009, titled Hodgson open to Supertramp reunion. In it, Slam Sports reports that:

Artist: Hodgson, Roger Supertramp: left to right, Dougie Thompson, Roger Hodgson, John Helliwell, Rick Davies and Bob Siebenberg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Slam Sports.

Ray Shari

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jun 30, 2009
I know so many people from my generation who are looking forward to seeing the reunion. Other bands have done it why not the Supertramp? Let the new generation experience what good music should sound like.

Hey guys, let's practice what you preach in your music! Love you all.
carlfitz

Maura, Norway

#2 Jul 19, 2009
This is the reunion i'm waiting for the most,i've seen Roger many times in his solo shows and loved them all,now i'd like the classic lineup to get back on stage. PLEEEEEEEEEEEAS!!
supertrampfan

New Zealand

#3 Sep 14, 2009
Davies and Hodgson were often described as having chalk and cheese music styles. I believe Hodgson was responsible for the band's shift to more of a pop style, namely their biggest success BIA. You can see the seperate routes Hodgson and Davies took after the split. Davies seems to be more into RNB styled prog, and Hogdson pop rock.
Supertramp was so wonderfully unique as a fusion of these two genres and together Davies and Hodgson could recreate the masterpiece that was.
class of 79

Canby, OR

#4 Jun 20, 2010
Supertramp IS the 70's to me and I'm pretty much stuck there. About the only way I can envision any kind of a reunion would be some freak happenstance situtaion. Something like Rick and Roger in the same place or same town anyway and one one them does some impromptu performance that draws a crowd. It would most likey be Roger but who knows. Somebody spots the other one nearby and they all cheer for them to get out front and perform together. The session is magical for all and both Rick and Roger realize it's meant to be.....Supertramp reborn. Does it ever happen that way anymore? I can only remain a "Dreamer".

Steve

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympic Curling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Cross between wombat and dog': Strange animals... Aug 10 Go Blue Forever 4
News Visually impaired grandmother stoned, robbed (Oct '09) Aug '15 Punish the Innoce... 8
News Kean rink building confidence, chemistry at Tan... (Mar '15) Mar '15 stewart scott 2
News Bandidos gang back in Canada (Mar '08) Dec '14 the fat canadian 56
News James Hook, pictured, has not been selected in ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 David1982 1
News His problem, their love life (Nov '08) Jun '14 Phil 16
News Former Baltimore Colts cornerback Milt Davis di... (Oct '08) Apr '14 Paul Falcon 4
More from around the web