Wie up to seventh in world

Wie up to seventh in world

There are 21 comments on the Slam Sports story from Aug 30, 2010, titled Wie up to seventh in world. In it, Slam Sports reports that:

Michelle Wie's victory Sunday at the Canadian Women's Open vaulted the 20-year-old up to No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Slam Sports.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gene

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Aug 31, 2010
Not bad for a part time player, full time college student.
AJRAY

Peterborough, Canada

#2 Aug 31, 2010
"Not bad for a part time player, full time college student."

Yeah Right. LOL! She's been full time all year on the LPGA Tour. It's amazing that they try to sell her as doing this while being at school. She hasn't been to school in 5-6 months.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3 Aug 31, 2010
Nice move on the Rolex Rankings...WTG!
Cody

Gloucester, Canada

#4 Sep 1, 2010
Here we go again, it is good to see her win but do people think she is part time?? she has played 15 times for 667K in earnings and Jiyai S played 14 for 1,400296K top in the rolex, Ai 1.3 and 15 events, Na Yeon 1.3K
and 16 events, where does the part time come in.

She is tied for 93Rd in putts in GIR which says it all. Once again the top players in the LPGA will be slighted in favor of Darling miss M/W big advertising dollars do talk.

Location hidden

#5 Sep 2, 2010
Cody wrote:
Here we go again, it is good to see her win but do people think she is part time?? she has played 15 times for 667K in earnings and Jiyai S played 14 for 1,400296K top in the rolex, Ai 1.3 and 15 events, Na Yeon 1.3K
and 16 events, where does the part time come in.
She is tied for 93Rd in putts in GIR which says it all. Once again the top players in the LPGA will be slighted in favor of Darling miss M/W big advertising dollars do talk.
For a kid of the ripe old age of 20...she is doing pretty well. She has 2 wins and many players have ZERO.
old guy

Hanlontown, IA

#6 Sep 4, 2010
7th in the world, I don't think so at this point, part time student--B.S. She has played a lot more than some of the others. I don't like it but do believe the advertising bucks are talking

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#7 Sep 5, 2010
Yep, I agree. If she is still portrayed as a full time student then she will set a record for the longest time to graduate. She is part time although when she does go to school she is full time for that semester. My G F has a niece who says she is a full time student. This is her 6th year at UNLV. But, she takes 6 mos. off to work at the embassy in Rome--She takes 6 mos. off to work at the embassy in Japan she took 6mos. off to volunteer Haiti so I guess how you look at it. I know one thing for sure--the niece can speak 3 languages fluently-spanish(mexican)-japa nese and english. She can hold her own pretty well in italian. So I guess she is getting an education.
rock

Naugatuck, CT

#8 Sep 8, 2010
superstar my A**
old guy

Hanlontown, IA

#9 Sep 8, 2010
I hope that one of Her classes is public speaking, ya know, ya know ya know, sounds like a 13 year old, Hope that She gets over that. I still belive She is a hell of a golfer--It is just to bad all the pressure that has been put on Her the last 5 years or so. Vary poor management by Her geedy folks.

MBK

Since: Apr 09

Honolulu, HI

#10 Sep 11, 2010
And still the spiteful comments continues?? What else will you guys find to crap on her about next??, Come on. What does she have to do to really be No.7 in the world in your minds??

Come on guys, let it go already. She's paid her dues with two years of hatred being spewed on her, isn't that enough?
Just let her golf guys, and lets cheer for all the wahine golfers of the LPGA. Every single one of those LPGA Ladies probably would kick our asses on the course! LOL

Cheers to all of you, let's golf and continue to search for those elusive Birdies!

Location hidden

#11 Sep 11, 2010
She fired a 28 on 9 holes today and a 64 for the round.

Location hidden

#12 Sep 12, 2010
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
She fired a 28 on 9 holes today and a 64 for the round.
Yep, she is showing signs of what she is capable of doing when she leaves school and can focus on golf full time rather than half of the time.
Another excuse

AOL

#13 Sep 12, 2010
Just when I thought she was finally going to win an LPGA event in the U.S., with a 3-stroke lead going into the last round, Yani wins...

Oh well, MW played well this weekend...

Location hidden

#14 Sep 12, 2010
Another excuse wrote:
Just when I thought she was finally going to win an LPGA event in the U.S., with a 3-stroke lead going into the last round, Yani wins...
Oh well, MW played well this weekend...
WHEN ALL of your rounds are in the 60's...that is hardly worth you being down on MW. Lighten up.

Location hidden

#15 Sep 12, 2010
<quoted text>WHEN ALL of your rounds are in the 60's...that is hardly worth you being down on MW. Lighten up.
Where did 'Another excuse' say he/she was down on Wie?????? He/she is just disappointed she didn't win. Lets face facts, Wie did not step up to the plate today. There were numerous 4-6 under rounds played today. But, she did have a good tournament and I'm sure today's final round will be remembered in the future where she will realize that she has to step up to the plate to be able to win more tournaments in the future. Personally I wish she would take a year or more off from college and concentrate 100% on golf. With school starting here in a week or two it has to be in the back of her mind. Yes, she has people to take of this 'back to school' stuff but you know she is still thinking/hoping that everything was/is being handled. That is human nature.

Location hidden

#16 Sep 12, 2010
It was the resigned...OH WELL comment that caught my eye...7 first runner up finishes...she'll get there soon.
Another excuse

AOL

#17 Sep 12, 2010
Selecia,

You should have read beyond the "Oh Well" since it was followed by "She played well this weekend," not something like she failed again or anything like that...

I think that you are the one who needs to lighten up!

MBK

Since: Apr 09

Honolulu, HI

#18 Sep 12, 2010
Yani flat out beat Michelle today, and Michelle stated as much, no excuses, just got outplayed and she admitted it.

Location hidden

#19 Sep 12, 2010
Another excuse wrote:
Selecia,
You should have read beyond the "Oh Well" since it was followed by "She played well this weekend," not something like she failed again or anything like that...
I think that you are the one who needs to lighten up!
Thanks. It just seems that so many of the posters, unfairly IMHO, trash MW. I love them all so it pains me to see.
rock

Colchester, CT

#20 Sep 13, 2010
It was the resigned...OH WELL comment that caught my eye...7 first runner up finishes...she'll get there soon.
keep dreaming

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympic Curling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Streaker Runs Across Ice in Curling Match (Feb '06) Feb 6 Streaker Phart 23
News Yet another round of sweeping changes, but some... Oct '16 Frankenbrooms 1
News 'Cross between wombat and dog': Strange animals... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Go Blue Forever 4
News Visually impaired grandmother stoned, robbed (Oct '09) Aug '15 Punish the Innoce... 8
News Kean rink building confidence, chemistry at Tan... (Mar '15) Mar '15 stewart scott 2
News Bandidos gang back in Canada (Mar '08) Dec '14 the fat canadian 56
News James Hook, pictured, has not been selected in ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 David1982 1
More from around the web