Teen dies in skiing accident

Full story: WZZM Grand Rapids

Authorities in the northern Lower Peninsula say a 13-year-old girl was killed when she crashed while skiing at Schuss Mountain.
Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Dec 28, 2007
Valerie

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

Oh my how sad!!! My thoughts and prayers to the family during this difficult time!!!
april

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

what a sad time for this family your in my prayers.
Jim

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

So very unfortunate. My prayers are with the family and the Schuss Mtn Ski Patrol and management members involved with this accident.
Lisa

Grand Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

God Bless your family.
Beth

Grand Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

So sad!

And I had never heard of wearing a helmet for skiing before....is that something new? I am not a skier.
Ralph

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2007

Scott Montana wrote:
As always, the 'Press' and the 'News' try to place the blame on anyone but the individual. A helmet Would Not Have Saved Her in this incident. Regardless, the lawsuits will probably begin.(Stupid Parents)
The press and news are very liberal and run by liberals, liberals hate consequences.
Jewels

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

I feel so bad for this girl and her family. I am shocked this kind of thing does not happen much more often though. I have been skiing for 30 years and am always shocked at the people who do not know how to ski flying down hills with no control. I am always worried someone else that is experienced will be hurt. My kids wear helmets and I am going to start wearing one too. If I get hit by someone out of control I want to be protected.

Parents learn from others mistakes. If you are going to put skis on your kids and send them out on the slopes give them instructions to stay on the beginner hills and only after at least one hopefully more lessons. This is a sad story that did not have to happen. Skiing is dangerous.
jrs

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Very sad story! We are a skiing family and my kids never wore helmets. When they get older--its not "cool". One had a friend he took with alot who had a helmet his parents made him wear. Once out of their site--the helmet went into a locker. You dont see that many helmets out there. Figure how many people ski/snowboard everyday and how many injuries with no helmet.
I really feel for these parents and bringing up the helmet issue in not necessary.
Also--ignore the idiot who comments about her being Asian. Not what this is about!
Father of 4

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

jrs wrote:
Very sad story! We are a skiing family and my kids never wore helmets. I really feel for these parents and bringing up the helmet issue in not necessary.
Also--ignore the idiot who comments about her being Asian. Not what this is about!
I agree with the helmet comment as not being necessary. The parents feel bad enough as it is. The news didnt have to throw their negative comments about not wearing a helmet as the reason she died. All that does is make the parents look like it was partially their fault. The fact is, it was as weird accident that doesnt happen very often. More people die in car accidents everyday. Maybe we should start wearing helments when we drive?? I will keep this family in my prayers. I pray that God will bless them and help heal their hearts. As for the negative comments based on race, consider the source and pray that God changes his heart. God created all people not just the ones that look like you. Thank you Jesus.
Susan

Zeeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

Look at her sweet face, this is such a sad story. My prayers go out to the family.

“Common sense RULES ”

Since: Sep 07

West Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2007

So sad, prayers go out to the family, and this little angel taken too soon.
Emily

Keystone, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

I knew Clare, she was amazing, so I really want to send my prayers out to her family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Olympic Alpine Skiing Discussions

Search the Olympic Alpine Skiing Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Post a Comment (Mar '10) May '14 chanel-bags 10
Snow Trax: Ski season wraps up (Mar '09) Mar '14 Alan Gladfelter 11
Emily Clothier Dies Skiing Accident | PLACERVIL... (Mar '08) Feb '14 Rudy Yakym Jr 92
2 medals, strong emotions for Miller, Weibrecht Feb '14 see the light 1
Injured Vonn Ruled Out Of Winter Olympics (Jan '14) Jan '14 A Slobbering Love Affair 1
Live on a mountaintop and ski at Breakaway Village (Nov '07) Aug '13 Meckley 21
Jiminy Peak, in the early days - The Advocate W... (Nov '08) Jun '13 David 2
•••
•••
•••