Russia to host 2016 Hockey Worlds

Russia to host 2016 Hockey Worlds

There are 49 comments on the rt.com story from May 13, 2011, titled Russia to host 2016 Hockey Worlds. In it, rt.com reports that:

Friday 13 has become a lucky day for Russia as the country has won the right to host the 2016 Ice Hockey World Championships.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at rt.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
amp

Podolsk, Russia

#1 May 13, 2011
Good news!
I hope it will take place in Moscow - the best city in the World.

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 May 13, 2011
How could anybody call that dive as the best city is beyond any comprehension.
amp

Podolsk, Russia

#3 May 13, 2011
Ha ha, your Slovakia is a dive in comparison with Moscow. lol.

There`s room for 3 Slovakias in Moscow. lol.

Location hidden

#4 May 13, 2011
How does a shred like you, know about it ?
Pro Ukraine

UK

#5 May 13, 2011
amp wrote:
Good news!
I hope it will take place in Moscow - the best city in the World.
How did you manage that? You've already got the 2018 World Cup. I wonder if money exchanged hands here?

Location hidden

#6 May 13, 2011
It was very simple.
The others were Ukrainka & Danish pastries.
Putinko came with his ugly plane & got the decision.
ronan

UK

#7 May 13, 2011
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>How did you manage that? You've already got the 2018 World Cup. I wonder if money exchanged hands here?
Russia is on the up, don't you know?

They will have the Winter Olympics in Sochi in 2014 too, and their first F1 GP as well!!

The country isn't afraid to invest in new infrastructure to stage prestigious international sporting events.
Cayo

Calgary, Canada

#8 May 13, 2011
too bad this country never wanted to invest in its own people
hmmmm

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#9 May 13, 2011
Cayo wrote:
too bad this country never wanted to invest in its own people
YOU ARE TOTAL NUTS - NO ANY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD OF COMPARABLE ECONOMIC WEIGHT HAVE EVER INVESTED SO MUCH IN SOCIAL SPHERA, EDUCATION ETC OF ITS PEOPLE...Are you one of those idiots that Russia should be compared to Casnada or USA in social matters although Russian GDP per capita is the same as in Brazil?- In its weight category Russia have invested enormpously in its people - and everybody know that from USSR times- free housing in Soviet tuimes, free education (including Univercity education), pensions from 55 years (women ) and from 60 years (men), free healthcars etc, etc,- and it is while economy was always on the levelof Latin America here - go compare in this weight category to Brazilian favellas and get some knowledge who invested in its people and who did not...Bur you are an idiot, aren't you?, so you was so impressed by Soviet propaganda that you indeed think that Russia is the same as USA economically and so should be compared to North America?- Ha!...go educate yourself before posting bs. here....Or maybe you disagree that now Russians live better then anytime in the whole of their history, eh?- maybe they lived better in 1990-s wild Yeltsin times, or in Soviet Ynion?- are you a communist or an idiot - or both?...or maybe Russians did live better in Russian Empire?- hahahahahaha!...You exposed yourself pretty good in this short post of yours.
Lukashenko Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#10 May 13, 2011
I must say it will be a pleasure of defeating the russians at Sochi and than in Moscow. I hope they cry. Perhaps we can bottle their tears and sell them on the internet.
hmmmm

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#11 May 13, 2011
Lukashenko Dr Phil wrote:
I must say it will be a pleasure of defeating the russians at Sochi and than in Moscow. I hope they cry. Perhaps we can bottle their tears and sell them on the internet.
looks like Russians play too big role in your life...believe me they treat Finns much better then you think - Finns are not on the list among those who irritate even Russian nationalists.
Cayo

Calgary, Canada

#12 May 13, 2011
hmm,
sorry, but the only nut here is you.
I have no idea where to start, but... really, "social sphere"? Are you talking about russia or soviet union? There is a difference, you know.
Well, let's start from idiocy of yours. Who do you compare Russia to? Nigeria? Right on! So far they are equal and the world agrees with you.
Yep, you are stoned idiot by saying Russia is USSR.

No sense reading that kind of crap.
Lukashenko Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#13 May 13, 2011
hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>looks like Russians play too big role in your life...believe me they treat Finns much better then you think - Finns are not on the list among those who irritate even Russian nationalists.
Well we too consider russians as worthy opponents when it comes to hockey. Defeating you is always our priority at the olympics in hockey games. Swedes defeated you guys like what once in 1994 and even than it game very close.

Those days when Bure scored five goals to save your team from defeat are long gone.
Cayo

Calgary, Canada

#14 May 13, 2011
hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>looks like Russians play too big role in your life...believe me they treat Finns much better then you think - Finns are not on the list among those who irritate even Russian nationalists.
how would you, paranoiac, know anything about russians if you can't even differentiate between russians and soviets?
don't you see how unhealthy it is for you to be so interested in this country?
Cayo

Calgary, Canada

#15 May 13, 2011
ronan,
russia is up only when prices on oil are up. Even I don't read the kind of crap you call english analytics :)))
hmmmm

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#16 May 13, 2011
Cayo wrote:
hmm,
sorry, but the only nut here is you.
I have no idea where to start, but... really, "social sphere"? Are you talking about russia or soviet union? There is a difference, you know.
Well, let's start from idiocy of yours. Who do you compare Russia to? Nigeria? Right on! So far they are equal and the world agrees with you.
Yep, you are stoned idiot by saying Russia is USSR.
No sense reading that kind of crap.
the only legitimate comparison may be with the country of the same GDP per capita - is it that difficult to understand WHY ?- wreck your brains and maybe you'll get it - Mexica or Brazil are of the same economical weight category - the fact of your brining Nigeria here shows that you totally don't understand the topic and have npo knowledge....Idiotsa like you are confused by Rusian achievements in technology (space, nuclear icebreakers, jet fighters, helicopters etc.etc), science, military power and level of education and so they try to compare social sphera to North America - that the litmus test for political idiocy - Russian and USSR's GDP per capita was ALLWAYS 3-5 times less then USA (Canada) or West Eurpope - now, 20 years ago, 50 years ago,100 years ago - etc - there are a lot of reasons for that as various parfts of the world develop with different sped due tpo thousands of factors - and it wwas exactly the DISTINGVISHING FEATURE of USSR that DESPITE the economicallevel of Latin America it INVESTED A LOT INTO PEOPLE (ofcource we are talking post-Stalin years)- in educatiom, freee housing, healthcare, sports, culture, pensions, etc.etc.- but your idiotic statement to which I responded exposed it that you have no idea about what you ARE TALKING ABOUT...EVEN NOW IN NEW RUSSIA (post USSR) there are still more social programms then in Brazil or Mexico - go to favelas in Brazil and compare opportunities of those kids with some even very poor Russian kids and feel the difference REMEMBERING THAT BOTH STATES HAVE EQUAL LEVEL OF ECONOMY AND REVENUE...
hmmmm

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#17 May 13, 2011
Cayo wrote:
<quoted text>
how would you, paranoiac, know anything about russians if you can't even differentiate between russians and soviets?
don't you see how unhealthy it is for you to be so interested in this country?
hahahahahahahaha! You still don't get it....but I will not tell you...maybe some other posters whoknow me for months here will enlioghten you WHY I do know about Russians and Russia more them you, moron...
hmmmm

Saint Petersburg, Russia

#18 May 13, 2011
Lukashenko Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we too consider russians as worthy opponents when it comes to hockey. Defeating you is always our priority at the olympics in hockey games. Swedes defeated you guys like what once in 1994 and even than it game very close.
Those days when Bure scored five goals to save your team from defeat are long gone.
by the way - congratulations - you won today in Slovakia !...hey, look at the posts of this guy- Caiyo - he is asking me how do I know anything about Russians and Russia !!!- hahahahahahaaha!
Neighbour

Finland

#19 May 14, 2011
Great! I can drive there with my own car to watch finns WIN AGAIN :)

&fe ature=channel_video_title

Waiting for the final...
Lukashenko Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#20 May 14, 2011
hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>by the way - congratulations - you won today in Slovakia !...hey, look at the posts of this guy- Caiyo - he is asking me how do I know anything about Russians and Russia !!!- hahahahahahaaha!
Did you like that goal Mr.Granlund made. It was a clear message. No matter if czechs, swedes and slovaks lose at Sochi Finland will still defeat Russia the "Red Machine".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Visually impaired grandmother stoned, robbed (Oct '09) Aug 2 Punish the Innoce... 8
News Search continues for missing snowmobiler (Apr '08) Jul '15 Nancy Novack 3
News Harrison students in the swim thanks to princip... (Jan '10) Jul '15 Fart news 5
News Volunteers suffering from - post-Olympic syndrome' (Mar '10) Jul '15 Fart news 7
News Halton Hills mayor stands on guard for thee (Jul '09) Jun '15 bet his pension b... 16
News Putin keeps pope waiting 1 hour Jun '15 VodkaFarts 3
News Teenage boy trapped on floating piece of ice wi... (Nov '09) Jun '15 DILF 36
More from around the web