Michelle Kwan -- Sports have power to...

Michelle Kwan -- Sports have power to change lives

There are 3 comments on the ESPN story from Sep 26, 2011, titled Michelle Kwan -- Sports have power to change lives. In it, ESPN reports that:

When I was a little girl, my parents encouraged my sister, brother and me to get involved in sports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPN.

Clinton Gandy

Gladewater, TX

#1 Sep 27, 2011
I miss Michelle. I miss having even a part of her spirit available to me via the TV 3 times a years when coverage of her skating would be shown. When she had such a rough skate in '97 and came back stronger with a greater sense of herself in '98 I applied or tried to apply that to my life. I don't know why I have such a lovely heartfelt connection with a woman I will never meet but after 12 years of passionately following her figure skating career I can honestly say, that the intrepidness of her spirit enabled me to dig deeper within my self. Even when you don't get what you wanted more than anything, in the end, it's just a thing and you still have the rest of your life ahead of you. Hard work is it's own reward and that graciousness and sportsmanship mean the most when we have been disappointed the greatest. Disappointment is never license to be ugly. I love her skating and her essence. I miss her artistry every October, November, December, January and March. My spirit is greater because her Michelle Kwan.
denise

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Oct 1, 2011
I totally agree. I too felt a very close spiritual connection with her from watching her perform & the jo y I always felt when watching her. Even in her not perfect performances she never gave up. Michelle has inspired me all these years & I miss seeing her skate.
Ms E

Rio Rancho, NM

#3 Nov 19, 2011
To me, she will always be one of the greatest figure skaters. Its true; she left a big void in the skating world when she stopped competing. But I will always think about her and know that her resilience, grace, and competitive spirit is difficult to measure up to. I think we have yet to wait and see the next Michelle Kwan in the skating world.

I do get emotional when I try to visualize her skating over and over when competitions are underway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Visually impaired grandmother stoned, robbed (Oct '09) Aug 2 Punish the Innoce... 8
News Search continues for missing snowmobiler (Apr '08) Jul '15 Nancy Novack 3
News Harrison students in the swim thanks to princip... (Jan '10) Jul '15 Fart news 5
News Volunteers suffering from - post-Olympic syndrome' (Mar '10) Jul '15 Fart news 7
News Halton Hills mayor stands on guard for thee (Jul '09) Jun '15 bet his pension b... 16
News Putin keeps pope waiting 1 hour Jun '15 VodkaFarts 3
News Teenage boy trapped on floating piece of ice wi... (Nov '09) Jun '15 DILF 36
More from around the web