Bucket rivalry inspires IU, Purdue jokes

Forget Ohio State-Michigan. The all-important Old Oaken Bucket game is four days away. Full Story
Purdue Pete

Marysville, OH

#81 Jun 20, 2008
KNOW YOU'RE FROM PURDUE WHEN..........

You think the state Bird is Larry.

You can say "French Lick" without laughing out loud.

There's actually a college near you named "Ball State."

You know Batesville is the casket making capital of the world, and you're proud of it.

You could never figure out spring forward-fall back, so screw Daylight Savings Time!

Your feelings get hurt whenever someone points out the acronym for Purdue University is PU.

You know several people who have hit a deer.

Down south to you means Kentucky.

You have no problem spelling or pronouncing Terre Haute.

Your school classes were canceled because of cold.

Your school classes were canceled because of heat.

You know what the phrase "knee-high by the Fourth of July" means.

Your cheerleaders graze grass when they bend over to pick up their pom-poms.

Your pick-up has a #3 sticker in the rear window.

You think an exciting night out is hanging out at the John Deer outlet.

You are learning to say, "You want fries with that?"

Your shoes are not brown, that's cow s h i t.

Boilerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Up!!!!!!!!!!
Matt Painter

Marysville, OH

#82 Jun 24, 2008
That's some funny stuff!
hoosierdaddy

Greens Fork, IN

#83 Aug 7, 2008
PUCK FURDUE!!!!!!!!!!
all-star players????...... 27-24.
Why is macey such a great place to watch a basketball game???
no chamionship banners in the way of the court
The House Divided

Indianapolis, IN

#84 Sep 1, 2008
Why don't they have ice at IU basketball games?

The kid with the recipe graduated.
smockcsz

Harvey, IL

#85 Nov 15, 2008
How do you get a Purdue grad off your porch? You pay him for the pizza.

Why is a Purdue game like a tornado? There is a lot of hot air before, then a period of sucking, followed by crying and complaining.

Puck Furdue!
observation

United States

#86 Nov 24, 2008
Cosmo Kramer wrote:
I dated a Purdue grad once.
She said she wanted me to kiss her where it stinks,
So,
I took her to Ross-Ade Stadium.
That's interesting... There must have been an awful lot of IU fans in the bathroom puking.
are you serious

United States

#87 Nov 24, 2008
Purdue Pete wrote:
KNOW YOU'RE FROM PURDUE WHEN..........
You think the state Bird is Larry.
You can say "French Lick" without laughing out loud.
There's actually a college near you named "Ball State."
You know Batesville is the casket making capital of the world, and you're proud of it.
You could never figure out spring forward-fall back, so screw Daylight Savings Time!
Your feelings get hurt whenever someone points out the acronym for Purdue University is PU.
You know several people who have hit a deer.
Down south to you means Kentucky.
You have no problem spelling or pronouncing Terre Haute.
Your school classes were canceled because of cold.
Your school classes were canceled because of heat.
You know what the phrase "knee-high by the Fourth of July" means.
Your cheerleaders graze grass when they bend over to pick up their pom-poms.
Your pick-up has a #3 sticker in the rear window.
You think an exciting night out is hanging out at the John Deer outlet.
You are learning to say, "You want fries with that?"
Your shoes are not brown, that's cow s h i t.
Boilerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Up!!!!!!!!!!
Are you kidding me?? I could care less about the rivalry, but some of these jokes are the lamest one's I've ever heard, and most could go for both schools.
Come on, man. Don't waste everyone's time with that crap.
BTFU

United States

#88 Nov 24, 2008
Boilermaker wrote:
How do you get an IU grad off your front porch? Pay him for the pizza.
How do you get an IU grad off of your yard??

Put up goalposts.
BTFU

United States

#89 Nov 24, 2008
tom wrote:
What does NCAA mean to a Purdue B-Ball fan?
No Championships At ALL.
Bull! We have ONE!!!(Albeit when my grandparents were in high school.)
Indiana Hoosiers

Columbia City, IN

#90 Dec 19, 2008
do you know what boiler up really means??
it means to take a hot, fat steamy dump.
look it up at urbandictionary.com
rcjim

Springfield, IL

#91 Feb 14, 2009
Chuck wrote:
It's odd that most of the IU posters don't talk about football but rather gloat about BB. Oh! I forgot they don't play football at IU. GO BOILERMAKERS!!!!
Any football championships at Purdue? There have been 23 national championships for IU, 3 for Purdue, none of which were for football. Figure it out, you can't even compare the two
Alex

Henrietta, NY

#92 Apr 3, 2009
All i have to say is who are big ten champions and who won the oaken bucket. Hoosiers i believe were in last place this year for basketball and football. GO PURDUE! here come the pain train.
IU fan

Indianapolis, IN

#93 Apr 23, 2009
A Fan wrote:
What is the difference between an IU fan and a puppy? A puppy stops whining after about six months.
Also, a IU fan never whines.
IU fan

Indianapolis, IN

#94 Apr 23, 2009
Alex wrote:
All i have to say is who are big ten champions and who won the oaken bucket. Hoosiers i believe were in last place this year for basketball and football. GO PURDUE! here come the pain train.
Guess what! Big ten Championships dont matter. The NCAA tourney is all that matters. When Purdue wins a National Championship in anything other than golf and womens basketball, we will talk.
IU fan

Indianapolis, IN

#95 Apr 23, 2009
rcjim wrote:
<quoted text>
Any football championships at Purdue? There have been 23 national championships for IU, 3 for Purdue, none of which were for football. Figure it out, you can't even compare the two
Actually Purdue only won 2. Their basketball championship was in 1932 which was a "helm" championship. That means that they won a championship by being ranked number 1 at the end of the year. They had no tourney or anything so technically they have 2.
Ryan

United States

#96 Oct 8, 2009
Go Boilers!
Abby

West Lafayette, IN

#97 Nov 7, 2009
go hoosiers wrote:
why don't they let the purdue cheerleaders on the field at halftime?
they can't keep them from grasing!
the actual joke is:
why do they use turf at memorial stadium?
to keep the IU cheerleaders from grazing during half-time.

HAIL PURDUE!
BTFU

West Lafayette, IN

#98 Nov 11, 2009
go hoosiers wrote:
why don't they let the purdue cheerleaders on the field at halftime?
they can't keep them from grasing!
That's funny, cause they are on the field at halftime.
Why doesn't the IU stadium have real grass? Because they don't want
their cheerleaders grazing at halftime. That is how the joke originally went.
Where is the safest place to be during a tornado?
The IU stadium, because there's never been a touchdown there.
Two IU alums walk into a bar...
The Purdue alum ducked.
Thank you, that is all.
Mystery Man

AOL

#99 Nov 12, 2009
A Sociologist who received his degree from IU checked into a Washington DC hotel for a professional conference, and noticed there was a rather swanky reception taking place in a large conference room near the lobby. The desk clerk told him to go in and to enjoy himself, compliments of the hotel.
Immediately upon entering the room, the IU grad was approached by a chatty, outgoing man, who introduced himself as "Jim". Jim and the IU grad struck up a small conversation.
The Sociologist said to Jim, "Crowds of people are certainly interesting, don't you think? I routinely observe them as part of my work. You can tell so much about folks without having ever met them or talked to them before."
The Purdue man asked, "What do you mean?"
The IU grad said, "Do you see that man in the blue suit standing over there? I would say he is a Harvard graduate."
Jim, somewhat taken aback, replied, "That's right. I know him well, and he did graduate from Harvard. How could you tell?"
The Sociologist said, "It's easy. I could tell by the way his suit is cut."
He continued, "Do you see the man he is talking to? I'd say he is a Yale graduate. I can tell by his very distinct manner of speaking."
Jim said, "That's right, too. I'm really impressed. By the way, can you tell what college I graduated from?"
The IU man replied without hesitation, "You're a Purdue graduate."
Astounded, Jim asked, "You're right again, but how on earth could you tell?"
The IU alumnus said, "That's easy. I noticed your class ring when you picked your nose."
Cmor

Markham, IL

#100 Nov 18, 2009
How many IU freshman does it take to screw in a light bulb? None. That's a second year course...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snow Trax: Ski season wraps up (Mar '09) Dec 21 Paul Szeman 12
Blind teens say ice rink denied them access (Aug '08) Dec 21 R Walker 44
Treasure Hunt: Clue No. 8 (Jan '09) Dec 16 MissingGreenDough... 11
McCain camp: Obama's 'lipstick' remark disgrace... (Sep '08) Dec 9 Monopoly China 2,744
LVPA students are 'well-educated' (Feb '09) Dec 4 LVPA Alum 59
Bandidos gang back in Canada (Mar '08) Dec 1 the fat canadian 56
WGRZ News - A Family's Devastation (Mar '08) Dec 1 Cici75 55
More from around the web