As World Cup fervor sweeps the U.S., ...

As World Cup fervor sweeps the U.S., Pittsburgh is still recovering from the soccer blues

There are 8 comments on the Post-gazette.com story from Jun 22, 2014, titled As World Cup fervor sweeps the U.S., Pittsburgh is still recovering from the soccer blues. In it, Post-gazette.com reports that:

Interest in soccer continues to grow - there is a palpable buzz about the World Cup - but the sport remains a niche in the Pittsburgh market, where enthusiasm for soccer fails to rival that of other cities on the East Coast.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Post-gazette.com.

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jun 22, 2014
Geez' - Soccer is an 8th grade sport, played by girlie men, and an excuse to drink while in Europe. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old Fool trolls on

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Jun 22, 2014
Didn't realize you got over to Europe that much, old man!

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jun 23, 2014
Old Fool trolls on wrote:
Didn't realize you got over to Europe that much, old man!
Couple times a year. Relatives in Germany.
Old Fool trolls on

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Jun 23, 2014
Yet you live on the North Side in YOUR neigborhood? Is it the proximity to Germantown? I haven't been to Munchen in years; loved sitting in the square to listen to and watch the Glockenspiel... then over to the Hofbrauhaus!

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#5 Jun 24, 2014
The only thing cool about soccer is when the stands collapse.

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Jun 24, 2014
Old Fool trolls on wrote:
Yet you live on the North Side in YOUR neigborhood? Is it the proximity to Germantown? I haven't been to Munchen in years; loved sitting in the square to listen to and watch the Glockenspiel... then over to the Hofbrauhaus!
It's Frankfurt, where I go. I love the street side cafe's around the Bonhoff. The relatives live out near Obersousel, though. Never get down to Munich though, need to do that I guess.
Da Old Fool trolls on

Aliquippa, PA

#7 Jun 25, 2014
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Frankfurt, where I go. I love the street side cafe's around the Bonhoff. The relatives live out near Obersousel, though. Never get down to Munich though, need to do that I guess.
Didn't Greater Pitt once have a direct flight to Frankfurt? Never been to Frankfurt myself, though.

Since: Feb 11

Philadelphia

#8 Jun 25, 2014
Soccer is for honkeys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheila Campbell receives Georgetown Hockey Heri... Mar 11 ReceivesPhartz 2
News Nexxice juniors ready to capture the moment at ... Mar 7 enough already 1
News Streaker Runs Across Ice in Curling Match (Feb '06) Mar 5 SeePhartx 26
News Halton Hills mayor stands on guard for thee (Jul '09) Feb '17 he prob at cottage 21
News Popular fastball, hockey volunteer Jim Ford pas... Jan '17 TossingPharts 3
News US figure skating darling makes racist tweet, a... (Nov '13) Jan '17 SeedPharts 34
News Strange omissions reveal NHL's real motive for ... Jan '17 RankingPharts 7
More from around the web