Ed Rampell:`Uncle Tiger' is not out of the woods yet

Full story: LA Daily News 7
TIGER Woods' so-called Feb. 20 apology failed to make the cut. Presented in a controlled environment, the golfer "confessed" in front of a stacked audience and refused to take any questions from reporters. Full Story
blackhippychick

Canton, GA

#1 Feb 23, 2010
had to smile when I read this, I said OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOah when I read this conspicouly missing from the press conference from the cameras eye was one black person at his cough statement but read my blog post about Tiger Woods and you will sigh just as I did when I read yours Post One http://blackhippychick.wordpress.com/2010/02/...

Post 2
http://blackhippychick.wordpress.com/2010/02/...
Ruth Houston

AOL

#2 Feb 23, 2010
As an infidelity expert who is frequently called on by the media to comment on high profile infidelity and infidelity issues in the news, I feel that that it is highly unlikely that Tiger Woods will ever cheat again.

To find out why, see the article entitled Why Tiger Woods Will Probably Never Cheat Again at http://bit.ly/b4wbA5

This article is also posted on my National Infidelity Examiner Page at Examiner.com
www.RuthsExaminerPage.com
Bureaucratic Mess

Glendale, CA

#3 Feb 23, 2010
Who the hell is this racist creep Ed Rampell and when did he become God, qualified to judge all men, dictate their race responsiblities, and dictate their redemption??????????
Red W Blue

United States

#4 Feb 23, 2010
Tiger is idiot along with Magic, Koby, Manny, etc., etc., etc.! NASCAR drivers are not idiots on the same level!
Clem

Garden Grove, CA

#5 Feb 23, 2010
"Woods sought fame and fortune in one of the world's most elitist..."
Can you blame him for his upbringing? From what I understand, his father raised Tiger to play golf from the moment he could swing. And, having grown up used to the idea that he was really good, should he not have gone out to explore his potential in the area, while, yes, making an extravagant living in the process?

As for being called Black...
I remember in elementary school while discussing racial politics in America, a student asked teacher "but what if you aren't White or Black?" Mr. Rampell calls Tiger a "race traitor" for being honest about his blood heritage, for owning his own identity (by blood, it seems his only a quarter "Black," his father also being of mixed race). He is not inherently Black for his general appearance. The notion that he is only Black, and that he must so specifically own that heritage, yes, has a precedent in our national history. But the question of his "Blackness" is a political issue. Politics as in power - and wanting Tiger to own up to his "Blackness" is nothing more than a power play. And thinking of race in that way is not only racist, it also perpetuates the attitudes that make racism survive and continue to harm us. It's just divisive.

Lastly, "Uncle Tiger met the cracker..."
What makes it okay to use that term? I only call attention to it because I hear it so often. There are racist terms for people of other skin colors yes, but these have, for the most part fallen from use, certainly in polite or formal speech.
CLB

West Hartford, CT

#6 Feb 23, 2010
Tiger Woods has apologized to everyone and accepted that what he did was very wrong. Tiger confirmed he needs help and that he is receiving rehab to address his issues. Tiger said he wants to regain balance in his life to save the two things that are most important to him, his wife and his children. Tiger is trying to put his life back together and he has a right to do so. I wish them all the best. It is time that Tiger and his family move on with their life and for the media to get off their back!!!
zionist Hollywood

United States

#7 Oct 30, 2013
Bureaucratic Mess wrote:
Who the hell is this racist creep Ed Rampell and when did he become God, qualified to judge all men, dictate their race responsiblities, and dictate their redemption??????????
..........the zionist fifth column includes the NY Times , the Ruppert Murdoch judge pimps , the mike Raphan Banksters and other Jonathan Pollard clones who hate blacks and romantacize the Kaballah JDL / AIPAC traitors and Likud stooges ..........Ed Rampell . Bill Gertz , Bill Rapfogel , Bill Kristol and Ann Ziotard Coulter hate the USA and kow tow to the evil fusion center zio-imperialists .......see BY WAY OF DECEPTION and FIVE BROKEN CAMERAS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snow Trax: Ski season wraps up (Mar '09) Dec 21 Paul Szeman 12
Blind teens say ice rink denied them access (Aug '08) Dec 21 R Walker 44
Treasure Hunt: Clue No. 8 (Jan '09) Dec 16 MissingGreenDough... 11
McCain camp: Obama's 'lipstick' remark disgrace... (Sep '08) Dec 9 Monopoly China 2,744
LVPA students are 'well-educated' (Feb '09) Dec 4 LVPA Alum 59
Bandidos gang back in Canada (Mar '08) Dec 1 the fat canadian 56
WGRZ News - A Family's Devastation (Mar '08) Dec 1 Cici75 55
More from around the web