Maryland man found on Whitetail Resor...

Maryland man found on Whitetail Resort trail dies

There are 49 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jan 11, 2009, titled Maryland man found on Whitetail Resort trail dies. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

It was still not known Sunday evening how an Annapolis, Md., man found unconscious at Whitetail Ski Resort Friday afternoon died, according to the resort's general manager.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mme

Friendship, MD

#41 Jan 28, 2009
http://www.therecordherald.com/archive/x20943...
this should answer a lot of questions.
Rob

Washington, MI

#42 Jan 31, 2009
It was not a lawyer or a man that died it was Doug.He was a great father and friend. He leaves behind five children and a wonderful wife. Doug was in great health, he had great insurance, he had two of his children with him when this happend. His children went down one trail and he down another, he never reached the bottom. He died as the result of an impact with a wall of ice or tree (details still not known) along the trail that crushed his chest(died instantly). His children were left alone and had to wait hours for their mother to come get them. We never plan for today to be our last...Doug did..He was born again in Christ Jesus and has gone home. We all will miss him and his family will be provided for by those that loved him and who know what faith really means. IF YOU PASS TODAY...Where are you going? Will your family be ok?

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

#43 Jan 31, 2009
Rob wrote:
It was not a lawyer or a man that died it was Doug.He was a great father and friend. He leaves behind five children and a wonderful wife. Doug was in great health, he had great insurance, he had two of his children with him when this happend. His children went down one trail and he down another, he never reached the bottom. He died as the result of an impact with a wall of ice or tree (details still not known) along the trail that crushed his chest(died instantly). His children were left alone and had to wait hours for their mother to come get them. We never plan for today to be our last...Doug did..He was born again in Christ Jesus and has gone home. We all will miss him and his family will be provided for by those that loved him and who know what faith really means. IF YOU PASS TODAY...Where are you going? Will your family be ok?
You've got a pretty tasteless and self-serving way for upholding the memory of a friend.
3monkeys

Boyertown, PA

#44 Feb 10, 2009
What Happened to the person who was being resuscitated on Saturday morning between 10 and 11 am at Whitetail?
billy

Hagerstown, MD

#45 Jan 17, 2010
i work there and people are always getting hurt. However they have a very good staff and medical team
Amazed

New Bloomfield, PA

#47 Jan 18, 2010
Old Alumnus wrote:
If you choose to strap slippy boards on your feet and go sliding down a mountain, that is certainly your right. But if you get hurt while getting your thrill, you should pay all transportation and medical costs out of your ( or your parents') own pocket. I don't believe that insurance companies and fire departments should subsidize hazardous activities. Get the thrill if you need it, but take responsibility if you get hurt.

Crossing the street or carefully driving to work each day could also be "hazardous ativities". Should your insurance (that you pay dearly for) not pay for those accidents either??
Amazed

New Bloomfield, PA

#48 Jan 18, 2010
Sympathy to his family and friends. Hope they are not reading this junk, you people are cruel.
copel

Christiansted, Virgin Islands, U.S.

#49 Feb 17, 2010
my nephew died at a young age of 18 years old at whitetails. as of today no details as to how he died and if anyone out there knows what happened can i have some details. i live on st. croix and i would like some closure. he died on january 9, 2010. never forget he was someone's child, he had a family and he was a human being but most of all he was loved.
Paramedic85

Hanover, MD

#50 Feb 28, 2016
I am personally a part of the crew that works
That mountaim. I care about lives not money. That's why we do the job we do...
but yes we do get compensated. So let'ssay we end this childish argument and move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winter Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Injured Vonn Ruled Out Of Winter Olympics (Jan '14) Dec 10 10Phartx 7
News Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski Ready to 'Bring It' ... Nov '17 Thess pharts 2
News Leafs forward Matthews says protesting during p... Oct '17 Tasty Fart 9
News Sharks' Joel Ward could bring anthem protests t... Sep '17 NHL Network 2
News Roger Brown's State of Sports: Wildcat Stadium ... Jul '17 TheHawk 1
News Figure Skating Trainer Charged With Sex Abuse (Feb '08) May '17 HeardPhartz 31
News WZZM13 - Plainfield Skating Rink closes (Jul '07) Apr '17 Danny 52
More from around the web