Marla Tellez joins Eyewitness News 4 team

Full story: KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico

A new era begins this week on KOB-TV. A new morning and noon anchor team will be in place beginning Wednesday, January 9. Marla Tellez will join veteran weatherman Steve Stucker weekdays on Eyewitness News 4 ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 89 Comments Last updated Aug 10, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Pete

Deming, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

Judged:

Fine viewing in the morning. You right on with hiring only Hispanic Female Anchors your demographic research is right on the money.
Not

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

Judged:

Not her again....

Marla, Marla, Marla.
Bill in Santa Fe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

Judged:

Marla, I think you're great.
A real team=you and Steve.
mesican madness

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

Judged:

Lobos suck wrote:
I'm sure her last name was 'Teller' until the job opening here. Just like Jessica 'Garrrrrate' was probably pronounced 'Guh-rait' until she ended up in this crap-hole.
Dimwits.
yeah obviously no rhinoplasty allowance in the old channel 13 heath plan- did ya get a load of that snozzola on her?
NYYankee

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

Judged:

Marla could be dangerous (Good) if she CAN ONLY get the job done right! I can ONLY watch Mr. Stucker, because of his personality, charm and great job for this gentlemen otherwise I'd just, ZZzzzz Zzzzz Zzzzz, away when TELLER (I know, Tellez) is on!
Beo Wachter

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Judged:

I could tell Nicole Brady hated Steve Stucker's guts, and I wonder how many people understood that "snakes in the newsroom" remark that Steve Stucker made just before she made the leap. I remember that Monica Armenta used to roll her eyes up at some of Stucker's Stuff, but the enmity was unmistakable between Stucker and Brady. How sad!
They both seem to be nice people.
Eye On The Bay

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2008

Was a hidden talent who will be missed here in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Steve

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2008

Judged:

Eye On The Bay wrote:
Was a hidden talent who will be missed here in the San Francisco Bay Area.
I'm sure she was happy to get away from the Liberal toilet of S.F.
A San Franciscan

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2008

Judged:

It is a sad state of affairs when a San Francisco girl has to move away to be able to move up in her career to a city that is only known for their HOT AIR balloons.
Nice

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2008

Judged:

I think Marla & Steve are a great "duo". They aren't soo serious that you get bored watchin'. It's great to wake up and watch these two energetic people persons. I believe Nicole found her appropriate position as well. She is a bit more conservative which is great for the evening and nightly news. All seems to be working out well.. Good Day To All!
WHAT

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2008

Judged:

I just don't understand what is soooo great about Maria Tellez.

Not even a good broadcaster!
Dumfounded

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2008

Judged:

WHAT wrote:
I just don't understand what is soooo great about Maria Tellez.
Not even a good broadcaster!
.....I would have to agree!!!!
anony

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2008

Judged:

Beo Wachter wrote:
I could tell Nicole Brady hated Steve Stucker's guts, and I wonder how many people understood that "snakes in the newsroom" remark that Steve Stucker made just before she made the leap. I remember that Monica Armenta used to roll her eyes up at some of Stucker's Stuff, but the enmity was unmistakable between Stucker and Brady. How sad!
They both seem to be nice people.
So nice to hear someone else agree...Nicole tried so hard, and it was painful to watch. This is supposed to be news, not the local Bozo the Clown hour. Marla is ok, but get tired of hearing "bad english"...busted pipes, etc.
Nicole is a good newscaster..she paid her dues in stucker's hell, and he couldn't beat her...good for you nicole, he sux. Don't know why everyone thinks he's so great, he's just a narcissistic, pompous idiot that can tell everyone what the national weather service says...rather look it up myself on weather underground.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2008

Judged:

Lobos suck wrote:
I'm sure her last name was 'Teller' until the job opening here. Just like Jessica 'Garrrrrate' was probably pronounced 'Guh-rait' until she ended up in this crap-hole.
Lobos suck, after you are allowed to get your ankle bracelet taken off, why don't you put the axles back under your trailer, pump up the tires and move to a place that you do not consider to be a crap-hole.

And Marla, welcome and good luck here in ABQ.
Watkana

Levelland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2008

Judged:

Welcome Marla! Glad to have you hear. Ignore the negative comments on here. We are not all like them. Steve and Marla offer an upbeat program and those of you who don't like it, can turn the t.v. off or change channels or go wash the dog. You are entitled to that freedom as I am entitled to the freedom to watch the program. You are entitled to your opinion as am I. I am sure you couldn't do a better job or they would have hired you over Marla!
Surprised

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2008

What a surprise to see Tellez fans out! There's alot of room for improvement!
I love her

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Judged:

Marla is the hottest anchor in the country...hands down. Steve doesn't deserve to sit next to something so fine.
Ms Congeniality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Judged:

I won't debate beauty, because that's very subjective. There's no denying Marla Tellez is very attractive. But in a field full of attractive women of every age, including the HOT 60-something year old Meredith Viera,
Marla Tellez brings something just as wonderful to witness as her looks: Her genuine sparkling personality and charisma. Attractive women are fairly common, but an attractive woman you'd like to introduce to your Parents, now THAT's rare.
If only the Albuquerque Police Recruiters were as good at selecting their employees as our local news people (or anyone else in fact! how many business put out as many felons as Albuquerque Police does year after year?!) are!
Congratulations on your selection of Marla Tellez. Attractive? Yes, but more importantly: competent, personable and charismatic!
Roger

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

I love her wrote:
Marla is the hottest anchor in the country...hands down. Steve doesn't deserve to sit next to something so fine.
Marla is hot. Nicole Brady is hotter. Jessica Garate is hottest.
Confused

Joplin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Judged:

She seems to be getting her feet on the ground now and showing some personality. That's definitely helping her, in my book. I'm sometimes a little surprised by the little impromptu quips ("Got wind?" comes to mind) that she comes up with on the fly.

I'm actually beginning to like her, because she's not so stiff and impersonal - Nicole B would do well to steal a page from that book.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••