Antioch residents aren't fine with winery proposal

May 24, 2012 Full story: Daily Herald 35

Despite opposition from some residents, Antioch officials are moving forward in a review of a request to build a winery on unincorporated land and annex it into the village.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 May 24, 2012
I can understand the neighbors being a bit concerned but it's not as if a bar is going up on their street. I think this sounds like a great addition to Antioch, and I'm sure concessions could be made to appease the neighbors.
NIMBY Nut

Spring Grove, IL

#2 May 24, 2012
WaywardDaughter wrote:
I can understand the neighbors being a bit concerned but it's not as if a bar is going up on their street. I think this sounds like a great addition to Antioch, and I'm sure concessions could be made to appease the neighbors.
I am sure you are sure. Which concessions specifically are you referring to? Or are you just running your mouth as usual?

Gotta love people who have no real clue what is going on being "sure". Here is a novel idea: Get some facts. They are available at village board meetings if you can spare time away from your pontificating on Topix.
Paregoric

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#3 May 24, 2012
From my experience, any winery I have been near or around has never elicited chaos or caused any high traffic situations.
The majority of such facilities are contained, peaceful, and would be a nice addition to an otherwise drab Antioch landscape.

God forbid we waste land on something such as a winery.
Please let me know what else the village or its Republican majority constituents rather have on the 10 or so acres?

How about yet another cardboard box looking strip mall that offers more minimum wage paying jobs!
Yeah, let’s build more strip malls with tanning spas and fast food joins to fit our every growing appetites
Perhaps a health clinic or fat farm that the average Antioch resident could utilize to lose offset their double chins, thrins, & cankles?

How about a facility to retrain licensed drivers on the rules of the road and proper roadway etiquette?
Most likely any of the above would be an impossible task.

I digress……
Mystery Man

Fox Lake, IL

#4 May 24, 2012
NIMBY Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you are sure. Which concessions specifically are you referring to? Or are you just running your mouth as usual?
Gotta love people who have no real clue what is going on being "sure". Here is a novel idea: Get some facts. They are available at village board meetings if you can spare time away from your pontificating on Topix.
Actually i do love people who have something to say or debate in a respectful resonable manner.
What i hate are people like you who bash someone just because you disagree with their opinion.
If you can't be civil then go create a blog somewhere and rant all you want.
Leave topix to those of us who appreciate a FRIENDLY yet often disagreeing exchanging of opinions.

As for this winery i don't live in Antioch so it won't matter either way to me.
However if it creates jobs and possible business growth in other areas such as local stores selling it i'm all for it.
I much rather see fields of grapes growing then tattoo parlors, cash for gold, tanning salons, dollar stores, pawn shops, banks, and other stores we already have a zillion of.
Antioch Wine ooooooo

Plano, IL

#5 May 24, 2012
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually i do love people who have something to say or debate in a respectful resonable manner.
What i hate are people like you who bash someone just because you disagree with their opinion.
If you can't be civil then go create a blog somewhere and rant all you want.
Leave topix to those of us who appreciate a FRIENDLY yet often disagreeing exchanging of opinions.
As for this winery i don't live in Antioch so it won't matter either way to me.
However if it creates jobs and possible business growth in other areas such as local stores selling it i'm all for it.
I much rather see fields of grapes growing then tattoo parlors, cash for gold, tanning salons, dollar stores, pawn shops, banks, and other stores we already have a zillion of.
When people like those show up at village meetings it's for their own little cause. You never see them at a meeting for "ANY " reason but their own.It's the me and we people. Oh God how can you do this to "US" ? I also would rather see a field of grapes than the strip malls , but that's taking place at Deep Lake and 173 with the new food store and child care center.How long before it looks like Grand Ave in Gurnee ?
Antioch Res

United States

#6 May 24, 2012
NIMBY Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you are sure. Which concessions specifically are you referring to? Or are you just running your mouth as usual?
Gotta love people who have no real clue what is going on being "sure". Here is a novel idea: Get some facts. They are available at village board meetings if you can spare time away from your pontificating on Topix.
Sounds like one of the disgruntled neighbors! Gotta love angry little people! I love the idea. Can't wait for a little "wine tour"! Maybe this guy could use a little glass...
NIMBY Nut

Round Lake, IL

#7 May 24, 2012
Antioch Res wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like one of the disgruntled neighbors! Gotta love angry little people! I love the idea. Can't wait for a little "wine tour"! Maybe this guy could use a little glass...
Actually, I am not a neighbor and am IN FAVOR of the winery being built on that specific piece of property. What infuriates me is people who make things seem simple with the sweep of their keyboard and who will then criticize others when the perceived simple solution does not occur. Assume nothing about concessions. The only concession the neighbors want is "go away".

I hope it gets approved in spite of all the NIMBY Nuts on Crawford Road. Guess those now attacking me don't get that NIMBY means Not In My Back Yard. Why do I even bother doing anything here? Wayward Daughter posts hateful messages repeatedly, but somehow it is OK to judge my posts as nuts and spam. On one level, it is kind of funny.

Hope to see you all at the winery once the simple little concessions are worked out by somebody else.
Antioch Res

United States

#8 May 24, 2012
NIMBY Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I am not a neighbor and am IN FAVOR of the winery being built on that specific piece of property. What infuriates me is people who make things seem simple with the sweep of their keyboard and who will then criticize others when the perceived simple solution does not occur. Assume nothing about concessions. The only concession the neighbors want is "go away".
I hope it gets approved in spite of all the NIMBY Nuts on Crawford Road. Guess those now attacking me don't get that NIMBY means Not In My Back Yard. Why do I even bother doing anything here? Wayward Daughter posts hateful messages repeatedly, but somehow it is OK to judge my posts as nuts and spam. On one level, it is kind of funny.
Hope to see you all at the winery once the simple little concessions are worked out by somebody else.
Gotta love a whiner (get it!) that slams another poster than cries in his wine glass when others call him on it. I'd love to see where Wayward Daughter has posted anything hateful except to call you on your Obama raging. Keep drinking whiner.
Ukiddingme

Round Lake, IL

#9 May 24, 2012
Antioch Res wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta love a whiner (get it!) that slams another poster than cries in his wine glass when others call him on it. I'd love to see where Wayward Daughter has posted anything hateful except to call you on your Obama raging. Keep drinking whiner.
Give me a break a WINERY is a problem in Antioch? Your talking about a town with two tattoo parlors and you think a winery is going to hurt the town? You have got to be kidding me.
Antioch Res

United States

#10 May 24, 2012
Ukiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>Give me a break a WINERY is a problem in Antioch? Your talking about a town with two tattoo parlors and you think a winery is going to hurt the town? You have got to be kidding me.
Nope, I wanna be the first in line to stomp some grapes, and I'm taking that whiner Nimby with me, he needs a drink
NIMBY Nut

Spring Grove, IL

#11 May 24, 2012
Antioch Res wrote:
<quoted text>Gotta love a whiner (get it!) that slams another poster than cries in his wine glass when others call him on it. I'd love to see where Wayward Daughter has posted anything hateful except to call you on your Obama raging. Keep drinking whiner.
I love Obama. He gives me your money.
Antioch Res

United States

#12 May 24, 2012
NIMBY Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
I love Obama. He gives me your money.
Back to what really gets you whining. Poor baby, nobody wants to play with you today.
Mystery Man

Fox Lake, IL

#13 May 25, 2012
NIMBY Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I am not a neighbor and am IN FAVOR of the winery being built on that specific piece of property. What infuriates me is people who make things seem simple with the sweep of their keyboard and who will then criticize others when the perceived simple solution does not occur. Assume nothing about concessions. The only concession the neighbors want is "go away".
I hope it gets approved in spite of all the NIMBY Nuts on Crawford Road. Guess those now attacking me don't get that NIMBY means Not In My Back Yard. Why do I even bother doing anything here? Wayward Daughter posts hateful messages repeatedly, but somehow it is OK to judge my posts as nuts and spam. On one level, it is kind of funny.
Hope to see you all at the winery once the simple little concessions are worked out by somebody else.
I have my own little thread going9 in fox lake forum )called
Zimmerman / Martin Case
and WaywardDaughter posts in it all the time.
Never once has she posted anything hateful.
She has been very respectful in stating her opinions.
And for the record her and i differ 100% in that thread.

You on the other hand seem really out in left field.
You tend to make it personal rather then about the topic of the thread.
Good luck with that approach in life.
Mystery Man

Fox Lake, IL

#14 May 25, 2012
darn typo's should look like this
going ( fox lake forum ) called

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#15 May 25, 2012
NIMBY Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I am not a neighbor and am IN FAVOR of the winery being built on that specific piece of property. What infuriates me is people who make things seem simple with the sweep of their keyboard and who will then criticize others when the perceived simple solution does not occur. Assume nothing about concessions. The only concession the neighbors want is "go away".
I hope it gets approved in spite of all the NIMBY Nuts on Crawford Road. Guess those now attacking me don't get that NIMBY means Not In My Back Yard. Why do I even bother doing anything here? Wayward Daughter posts hateful messages repeatedly, but somehow it is OK to judge my posts as nuts and spam. On one level, it is kind of funny.
Hope to see you all at the winery once the simple little concessions are worked out by somebody else.
IMHO, Wayward Daughter is honest, respectful, thoughtful and calls it as she sees it. You, on the other hand, came out with both barrels blazing, attacking her for what appears to be the sake of making an attack. Calling it as I see it...

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

#16 May 25, 2012
As to the question at hand, what I saw was that neighboring properties were concerned about increased traffic in their area. I get that.

I also think that by virtue of the winery being annexed, there is some concern that they could also be annexed to the village and don't want to be. I could be wrong there tho.

Personally, I think it's a great idea, a wise use of the land, and will bring tourism dollars into Antioch.

I am happy about the Aldi's coming tho. Saves hauling to Round Lake for cheap staples & supplies.
Horace Huckaburr

Round Lake, IL

#17 May 25, 2012
News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
IMHO, Wayward Daughter is honest, respectful, thoughtful and calls it as she sees it. You, on the other hand, came out with both barrels blazing, attacking her for what appears to be the sake of making an attack. Calling it as I see it...
Honest, respectful, and thoughtful. You are oh so right. Here are some sweet little examples of her sensitivity from the forums "About Obama" and "More Double Talk". They are but three examples:

About Obama: Actually, no. You do, from the very first post. Then it appears you realize it and change your name. Funny. Poor poor you. Ha, I read this and realized you're right! "The Duke" is "Blimpy" is whoever else he posts as, he changes it several times on the same Topic!!! Mr Hot Air clearly has a problem and keeps forgetting his own name!!

About Obama: You really need a reality check. You may want to start by looking in the mirror. I do not want Obama to be our current or next president. I do, however choose to not berate others with my political theories and babble. I choose to support my candidate and vote in the next election. Your obsessiveness and divisive attitude helps no one and only diverts attention from THE REAL ISSUE, the election of our next president.

More Double Talk: LOL! Wow, so let me see if I can get this straight. Mr Hot Air (or his alter ego, Auntie Nancy), has called everyone on this topic a nincompoop, fool, pathetic, idiot, ignorant, incompetent, mental midgets, or my personal favorite, lemming. And of course, anyone who has posted MUST have voted for Obama and is on welfare! Then he calls YOU the elitist snob! What a riot.

Lovely. Just lovely.
Antioch Res

United States

#18 May 25, 2012
Horace Huckaburr wrote:
<quoted text>
Honest, respectful, and thoughtful. You are oh so right. Here are some sweet little examples of her sensitivity from the forums "About Obama" and "More Double Talk". They are but three examples:
About Obama: Actually, no. You do, from the very first post. Then it appears you realize it and change your name. Funny. Poor poor you. Ha, I read this and realized you're right! "The Duke" is "Blimpy" is whoever else he posts as, he changes it several times on the same Topic!!! Mr Hot Air clearly has a problem and keeps forgetting his own name!!
About Obama: You really need a reality check. You may want to start by looking in the mirror. I do not want Obama to be our current or next president. I do, however choose to not berate others with my political theories and babble. I choose to support my candidate and vote in the next election. Your obsessiveness and divisive attitude helps no one and only diverts attention from THE REAL ISSUE, the election of our next president.
More Double Talk: LOL! Wow, so let me see if I can get this straight. Mr Hot Air (or his alter ego, Auntie Nancy), has called everyone on this topic a nincompoop, fool, pathetic, idiot, ignorant, incompetent, mental midgets, or my personal favorite, lemming. And of course, anyone who has posted MUST have voted for Obama and is on welfare! Then he calls YOU the elitist snob! What a riot.
Lovely. Just lovely.
Yep, she calls em like she sees em. I think she's right on target!
Just because she doesn't like your crap and calls you on it! Gotta love women...but I'm sure you don't...
Antioch Res

United States

#19 May 25, 2012
Dear Nimby, I mean Horace,

I had to re-read WD's posts just to double check the facts:

You change your name on every post..check
You label everyone as an Obama lover and on welfare if they disagree with your posts...check
You name call every person who disagrees with you..check
Your divisive attitude helps no one...check

Did you actually even read what she wrote before you re-posted it?

Perfect, just perfect. I think I love her.
NIMBY Nut

Spring Grove, IL

#20 May 25, 2012
Antioch Res wrote:
Dear Nimby, I mean Horace,

I had to re-read WD's posts just to double check the facts:

You change your name on every post..check
You label everyone as an Obama lover and on welfare if they disagree with your posts...check
You name call every person who disagrees with you..check
Your divisive attitude helps no one...check

Did you actually even read what she wrote before you re-posted it?

Perfect, just perfect. I think I love her.
You must be her daddy. She's wayward, you're whacked out. And a lunatic. You think there is only one person posting here that thinks Obama is a train wreck? Delusional is no way to go thru life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vintage Atlantic Wine Region to boost tourism, ... Sun AppHappy 1
Depardieu: 14 bottles of wine downed daily? Ger... Sep 19 Jeannettek 1
The Wall Street Journal: Baja California, in Me... Sep 7 Mike Fields 1
World of Wines: Make a road trip into Mexico's ... Sep 7 Mike Fields 1
Free Wine Tasting Tours Beat the Recession at C... (Apr '09) Sep 3 Peter Simmons 2
Connoisseurs? Most French say they 'know little... Sep 2 fred 1
Watch incredible moment powerful EARTHQUAKE rip... Sep 1 Pear Southern Bis... 1
•••

Wine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••