dining review casimir bistro boca raton

At first glance, the menu at Casimir Bistro seems unfocused. Exactly what cuisine combines Cajun chicken, duck a l'orange, veal scaloppine, New York steak and mussels with french fries? But while the menu is ... Full Story
Vita

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Oct 19, 2008
It was worst experience in dining for last 10 years. My husband and I went to the French restaurant Casimir Bistro located at Royal Palm Place, 416 Via de Palmas, Boca Raton. Service was bad and the food was horrible. My escargot dish had grit, and I asked the waiter to change this dish. When the manager came, he said I’m the first client who has complaints about this dish. I started to feel myself really uncomfortable. My entree was even worse than the appetizer. I ordered duck , in their menu described as a half Crispy Duck a L'Orange, for $26 I got two small duck legs, which were totally dry, overcooked and tasteless. I think this duck dropped dead before they cooked it. When the manager came, he almost start to curse. He was so rude, mean and obnoxious with us, that I started to feel guilty for choosing to go here, because it was my decision to go to this restaurant. I was really upset and asked the manager give me his business card so I could call the owner and make a review about his horrible service. His answer was :”Get out !” I think we made a really big mistake to come to this restaurant, our dinner and mood was totally spoiled. I wish this place would go out of business. I am also sorry for paying the $100 for our meal, we should’ve given it to charity rather than to this trash.
Steve - Coconut Creek

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Oct 19, 2008
We have been looking for an authentic French cooking restaurant in the area for a while.

We sat down for dinner at one of the outside tables and proceeded to order a bottle of water. An older gentleman came out with a chilled bottle of Pelligrino and two glasses - both of which were filthy. We asked for new clean ones and the gentleman replied - all of them are the same, it's the condensation, where obviously they had multiple finger prints and grease on them.

We then ordered a bottle of wine. After showing the waitress the wine that we wanted, she came back 3 times with different choices.

Next, our dinner, I ordered the fixed price menu New York Strip - med rare & escargot, my wife the Duck & goat cheese/ artichoke salad. After 10 min bread was delivered with some butter. Another 20 min our appetizers arrived. The salad was good, the escargot were not cleaned properly & had lots of grit making them impossible to eat. After informing the waitress, she said the manager would come and help us. The manager showed up asked what the problem was, he then rudely replied "this has never happened in our restaurant before" & gave us a new plate - smaller than the original. The taste of the new dish was watery, seeing the speed that the dish came back the kitchen had washed the old plate of escargot and reheated with new sauce.

After 40 min our main courses arrived - we sat there sipping on wine and eating two baskets of bread. The New York strip was well done to rubbery & the cut was ladened with fat - no trimming whatsoever. The duck, rather than being a half-duck as in the menu was 2 legs & were paper dry. After again speaking with the manager, he informed us: "well the New York strip is an end cut and cannot cook evenly, it's med rare in some places and sometimes comes out well - sorry" on the duck, he took it back & after several minutes came back and yes, PLACED THE DUCK ON THE TABLE, STARTED TO ARGUE WITH US AND WITH HIS FINGERS RIPPED THE DUCK APART SHOWING - LOOK HOW JUICY IT IS.

We then asked for the check, paid for what we did eat and left - this was a mistake, after the way he acted I was sorry that I just didn't get up and leave. This was the worst experience we have ever had in dining ever and we have traveled across the world dining in many countries and restaurants. The manager/owner - whatever he is should be jailed and is the rudest most obnoxious person I have ever seen.
rebecca

United States

#3 Nov 25, 2008
pleasant bistro ,good food , helpfull service and fair prices ( i had the $25.50 complet menu ).
Jared

United States

#4 Dec 5, 2008
My favorite restaurant .
Always Amazing food in this beautiful authentique French Bistro , friendly atmosphere but attentive staff.
If you want to feel like your in Paris go to Casimir.
Highly recommended!!!
Sean

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Dec 11, 2008
Excellent Restaurant - Great Prices and Food - We frequently go to this restaurant and recommend it to everyone.
Sean - Boca Raton

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Dec 11, 2008
Excellent Friendly Restaurant. The restaurant may have received 3 Stars from another poorly written writer form the Sun Sentinel, but they receive 4 Stars from Boca Raton.

Reviewer receives 1 star. Boring, could barely even read the whole review. Lack of passion and imagination.
Deputy Dog

Orange City, FL

#8 Dec 11, 2008
Nice reviews by Rebecca, Sean and Jared. But why not, one is the owner and the other two work at this dive.

Save your money, drive right by.
Serge

United States

#9 Dec 12, 2008
Thank you for the review. I'll pass and will visit Turqoise instead. The old Kameleon Bistro was good, the new place doesn't sound interesting.
Mary Anne

Warsaw, Poland

#11 May 3, 2009
We tried, but there's no comparison with kameleon bistro, which my Polish/Italian family just loved! Sigh
Phil boca raton

AOL

#12 Dec 25, 2010
Our favorite french restaurant in south Florida....
Food is delicious and priced right,and the couple which run the place are very nice...
4 stars in my book....
we ll be back very often
Jeanine from Boca

United States

#13 Mar 30, 2013
At this level of price we expect not to be served frozen French fries. We found this to be distasteful. It's a very tricky way how they present their fixed menu and add $3.00 dollars here and there. It's a horrible trick. Manager/ owner is not too friendly. He could use to learn some etiquette with customers. Service was extremely slow. Otherwise, our dinner such as the salmon and mussels were good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vintage Atlantic Wine Region to boost tourism, ... 9 hr AppHappy 1
Depardieu: 14 bottles of wine downed daily? Ger... Sep 19 Jeannettek 1
The Wall Street Journal: Baja California, in Me... Sep 7 Mike Fields 1
World of Wines: Make a road trip into Mexico's ... Sep 7 Mike Fields 1
Free Wine Tasting Tours Beat the Recession at C... (Apr '09) Sep 3 Peter Simmons 2
Connoisseurs? Most French say they 'know little... Sep 2 fred 1
Watch incredible moment powerful EARTHQUAKE rip... Sep 1 Pear Southern Bis... 1
•••

Wine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••