Wine, chocolate and tea can help beat...

Wine, chocolate and tea can help beat memory loss

There are 2 comments on the kumkani.wordpress.com story from Dec 29, 2008, titled Wine, chocolate and tea can help beat memory loss . In it, kumkani.wordpress.com reports that:

A modest amount of wine could help to beat memory loss and delay the onset of dementia, claim researchers, who added that the same goes for a few squares of chocolate and cups of tea.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at kumkani.wordpress.com.

Lisa Dunning

Tulsa, OK

#1 Jan 27, 2009
Along with wine, chocolate, and tea, the two most effective nutritional aides for memory loss are antioxidants and B vitamins, especially Folate. As we age, our diets change due to physical and social elements. Physically, we do not absord nutrients as well due to prescribed medication and a decrease in hydrochloric acid secretion in the small bowel. B vitamins have a direct link to cognitive decline while folate offers some protection from stroke (Garry et al, 1984 & Freter et al, 1998). Studies have shown that antioxidants provide protection from neurodegenerative disease such as, Parkinson's and may be provide some protection from Alzheimer's disease as well(Paleologos et al, 1998 & Prasad et al, 2000).

Since: Oct 08

Stellenbosch, South Africa

#2 Mar 18, 2009
Thanks Lisa.

I'll keep on with my 11 o'clock tea. 2 o'clock chocolate and 8 o'clock red wine.

What foods must eat in between?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vermont: an escape calling Canadian foodies, ou... Jul 18 Wind eh 1
News New Mexico Public Education Secretary Skandera ... Jul 14 Boroho 27
News Weekend Wine: Wine-making memories Jul 3 they just know wo... 1
News Fiddlehead Farms moving to Somersworth Jun '17 Ldysady 2
News What's the deal with Trump Wine? (Mar '16) Mar '17 Nah 7
News Adventures abound in Gold Country Mar '17 Any time 1
wine club Mar '17 Ardoa 1
More from around the web