Wine, chocolate and tea can help beat memory loss

Dec 29, 2008 | Posted by: Bivio | Full story: kumkani.wordpress.com

A modest amount of wine could help to beat memory loss and delay the onset of dementia, claim researchers, who added that the same goes for a few squares of chocolate and cups of tea.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Lisa Dunning

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2009

Along with wine, chocolate, and tea, the two most effective nutritional aides for memory loss are antioxidants and B vitamins, especially Folate. As we age, our diets change due to physical and social elements. Physically, we do not absord nutrients as well due to prescribed medication and a decrease in hydrochloric acid secretion in the small bowel. B vitamins have a direct link to cognitive decline while folate offers some protection from stroke (Garry et al, 1984 & Freter et al, 1998). Studies have shown that antioxidants provide protection from neurodegenerative disease such as, Parkinson's and may be provide some protection from Alzheimer's disease as well(Paleologos et al, 1998 & Prasad et al, 2000).

Since: Oct 08

Stellenbosch, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2009

Thanks Lisa.

I'll keep on with my 11 o'clock tea. 2 o'clock chocolate and 8 o'clock red wine.

What foods must eat in between?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wine Discussions

Search the Wine Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Spain tour, $2,995 (Mar '10) Thu wow 2
Our Gourmet: The Colosseum is an Italian favori... Apr 15 Wlliam Brasky 1
'Duck Dynasty' wine: Will Bible Belt fans approve? Apr 14 Maggiee 137
Day Trips Apr 13 lucas 1
Smithfield Wine And Brewfest Apr 11 Michael 1
Altria Completes Acquisition of Green Smoke Apr 2 Mugs mahoney 1
Rethink Sunday With mK's 'Sunday Suppers' Mar 30 reality is a crutch 1
•••
•••