'Duck Dynasty' wine: Will Bible Belt fans approve?

Nov 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

The Robertsons from "Duck Dynasty" have a new wine coming out this month. The " Duck Commander " line of wine will be made through a partnership with the Napa winemakers at Trinchero Family Estates, according to a Nov.4 article on People Magazine.com .

Comments
101 - 120 of 261 Comments Last updated Tuesday
Skunky smeelz

Stuarts Draft, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
Mar 11, 2014
 
Sara wrote:
<quoted text>Lola, it appears that you are a little judgmental! " when this is rocking don't come knocking" may mean something different to someone else than what it does to you. You just may have sex on your mind when you hear that comment, but ever who said that may have a different meaning. So be careful how you accuse Now get it right and teach your Sunday School class with a pure heart. God bless.
jep said that the last time I watched ,he said I'm bringing my wife out here on the wave runner ,if it's rocking don't come knocking, then he gave his brother a sly little grin.thats just one example . I don't think my small kids should be watching this.and it's for the family?showing a bar full of wine?its not the witness I want to show.so therefor I am done with it.
Maggie

Ocean City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Mar 11, 2014
 
I'm self employed as a Marketing Exec for start up businesses. I analyze reactions of potential customers that my client would like to reach out to, then draw up a plan. I normally do this when the client has ideas that probably don't or won't work. I worked previously at a large well known communications company, but left to see how I could do on my own because they didn't like my way of thinking. Works for me. I work mostly from word of mouth. I never had a twitter account until last week.

My twitter account is wyckedwitchofoz at twitter.com . If you are on twitter, follow me!
Maggie

Ocean City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
Mar 11, 2014
 
Sara wrote:
<quoted text>Lola, it appears that you are a little judgmental! " when this is rocking don't come knocking" may mean something different to someone else than what it does to you. You just may have sex on your mind when you hear that comment, but ever who said that may have a different meaning. So be careful how you accuse Now get it right and teach your Sunday School class with a pure heart. God bless.
I can't believe I have to post this again. Read it carefully:

Here are some examples of what I have picked up on. Some are blatant and others are suggestive:

> The episode where Phil was explaining to Cole how crawfish mate, using very descriptive language to describe the body parts.

> Jase talking about what he does or doesn't wear to bed. Too much info, but it's what female viewers want to hear.

> Jase again. Hunting turkey's with Si. Whispering about mating and molesting mannequins. This was extremely erotic. Too much for a PG rating. Drove me nuts, so I KNOW it's targeting females.

> Jase once again. Talking about Willies 14 year old daughter Sadie swapping spit with her boyfriend and condoning it.

> I hate to have to say it, but Jase bragged to reporters about as group of girls that propositioned him in a parking lot. I think we all know this story. Of course he declined the offer. Hope we never have to open up a tabloid and see otherwise. I'd keep him on a short leash. Just saying.

I am convinced that they are probably scripted to say this stuff. This is the last season for DD, trust me.
Maggie

Ocean City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#116
Mar 11, 2014
 
Lola wrote:
I am not against the Robertson family,however I no longer watch the show.its not about it being scripted,all shows are.its about the sex talk and the alcohol endorsement .i don't teach this at church or at home.its confusing to the ppl watching my witness.I love The Lord and want to please him.have a beautiful blessed day.
I hear you, hon. Stick to your convictions. This is what I try to convince people to do, but it's not easy and you're not alone. &#128149;
Maggie

Ocean City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118
Mar 11, 2014
 
Aunt Bea wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like a very exciting and glamous career. I to am self employed and get my clients bynword of mouth. But it is not as exciting or interesting like yours. I have a cleaning business with one employee...me! ha! But I do like it. I have been doing it for 27 years and am down to just 5 families, and I have been with them since I started. I have cut back so I work only 3 half days. The families are very good to me. I also take care of their pets when they vacation. One of the families adopted a cat and named her after me. I felt honored.
I don't have a twitter account and I don't e mail. I am somewhat behind the times. I must be the only person that still uses a flip cover cell phone, and I only use it for an emergency and such. I love the computer for information and to occasionally talk to people like you.
You are not too far from Chambersburg. As a young girl, a bunch of us would load up and go to Ocean City for a long week end. I am originally from Western Pa, not far from Shanksville (flight 93). Been in Chambersburg about 30 years.
I have enjoyed talking to you all today and wish all of you a good evening and a good day tomorrow
God bless....
:-)
You don't need an account to view. Just go to twitter.com and type wyckedwitchofoz in the search box.

I have a pic of my dog that I had to have put to sleep over the holidays. She was a red Doberman, 11 years old. I'm so sad. I want another dog, but I'm not going to get one until I am more stable in one location. I plan on finding a match at the local shelter. Originally from Wash DC, Georgetown. I'm only a few hours away from my family right now, but I won't see them for at least a year. They're not happy about this, but I have to do what I feel is in my best interest. Nice to be self employed isn't it? No freaking boss and I make my own hours.

Take care of you!
Maggie

Ocean City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#119
Mar 11, 2014
 
Aunt Bea wrote:
Whoops, I meant down to 27 on Thursday
Try this link to see my little angel. http://twitter.com/wyckedwitchofoz/status/443...
Lola

Broadway, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#120
Mar 11, 2014
 
Aunt Bea wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't have a problem with wine. I know there are people out there that abuse it but I believe most people like it with dinner. I don't like the bar scene, the intent at those places is to get drunk and no good comes out of it. But wine is uxually for home use and enjoyment with good food.
I don't really remember any sex talk in Duck Dynasty, but then I am fairly new to the show. I don't care for the hunting scenes though.
Enjoy the rest of the day....
i am a God fearing Christian, Does that mean he does not love me?no, do I make mistakes?sure I do I am human. I love him enough to want his direction in my life. Some ppl get God in their heads,but not in their hearts.I feel it is wrong to drink ,would you do this at a church dinner?what if Jesus himself knocked at your door?would you want to hide anything? He knows our hearts.
Maggie

Ocean City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#121
Mar 11, 2014
 
Lola wrote:
<quoted text>i am a God fearing Christian, Does that mean he does not love me?no, do I make mistakes?sure I do I am human. I love him enough to want his direction in my life. Some ppl get God in their heads,but not in their hearts.I feel it is wrong to drink ,would you do this at a church dinner?what if Jesus himself knocked at your door?would you want to hide anything? He knows our hearts.
Yep, I'm a God fearing Catholic. I have to ask, who needs a show that sends mixed messages, tries to entice you, then smacks you down when they achieve what they set out to do? It's just not ethical.
Lola

Broadway, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#124
Mar 12, 2014
 
This all started because I pointed out that being a Christian example should be constant . I am responsible for the witness I show.we are influencing the future church.i have learned in my life that if you don't stand for something you will fall for anything .I am not by any means perfect,but ,God loves me .
Maggie

Ocean City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125
Mar 12, 2014
 
Lola wrote:
This all started because I pointed out that being a Christian example should be constant . I am responsible for the witness I show.we are influencing the future church.i have learned in my life that if you don't stand for something you will fall for anything .I am not by any means perfect,but ,God loves me .
HEY!! We're ruling this topic! LOL! Great post, Lola. I hear ya!
Maggie

Ocean City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#126
Mar 12, 2014
 
Aunt Bea wrote:
<quoted text>Hi! I'm back. Thanks for the link because I was unable to get to it the way you earlier mentioned. Is the picture you?
Sweet dog, little girl or boy? I love animals. I have been a vegetarian for 31 years because of my love of animals.
It's never easy losing a pet. I just lost one of my cats in October. He had a heart and thryroid problem. He was a rescue. Someone shot him, I saved him and had him for 15 years. I TNR (trap neuter return) cats. Have done about 30-40 over the years. I have 10 of my own, all rescues.
What happened to your dog? They have such a short life. That doesn't seem fair. One thing that gives me comfort when I lose a pet is knowing they had a good home and were loved. So many animals out there don't have that. I was so worried with this bitter cold winter. I have shelters and feeding stations on my patio for any cats that need a warm spot and food. I will then teap them in the spring and have them spayed/neutered rabie shot. If I can't find a home for them I will continue to care for them. I do not take them to our local shelter because they will euthanize them.
Was this your first dog? I grew up with dogs and eventually went to cats. Only because I found one along the road, she was only 2 weeks old. She died last year, she was 17. And it seems like they keep finding me.
Well I go to work tomorrow so I will finish. I want to answer Lola's post.
Good night Maggie
My Dobie lost all the feeling in her legs. She was paralyzed, but they originally thought she had bone cancer, but the X-rays showed she had nerve damage. It was a very sad Thanksgiving for me when I received a call from the Vet that they suggested I have her put down. I was with my family that weekend and couldn't be there with her. Ruined my holiday. I was too far away to come back so I could see her one more time. Worst time I had in a long time. I have her ashes, though, but can't bury them because the ground is still frozen. I plan to visit a shelter in the future when I have the time to spend with a new dog.
Maggie

Ocean City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128
Mar 12, 2014
 
Hey Bea. I am doing OK now, but still miss my little girl. She had a boyfriend that was a Great Dane. Some people that were renting a place for a week brought Mitch, their Dane down with them. He and Abby became best friends.

I will miss OC. I liked it here, but it's soooo expensive. The people that rented to me are complaining about the flood insurance. It is so costly here because of Sandy last year. Weather isn't too bad, so I think I will be flying out on Sat without any problems. Geesh....I hope they find that plane that disappeared over the South China Sea. Something is not right about that. Planes don't normally have problems in the air.
Maggie

Ocean City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129
Mar 12, 2014
 
Aunt Bea wrote:
<quoted text>Hi! I'm back. Thanks for the link because I was unable to get to it the way you earlier mentioned. Is the picture you?
Sweet dog, little girl or boy? I love animals. I have been a vegetarian for 31 years because of my love of animals.
It's never easy losing a pet. I just lost one of my cats in October. He had a heart and thryroid problem. He was a rescue. Someone shot him, I saved him and had him for 15 years. I TNR (trap neuter return) cats. Have done about 30-40 over the years. I have 10 of my own, all rescues.
What happened to your dog? They have such a short life. That doesn't seem fair. One thing that gives me comfort when I lose a pet is knowing they had a good home and were loved. So many animals out there don't have that. I was so worried with this bitter cold winter. I have shelters and feeding stations on my patio for any cats that need a warm spot and food. I will then teap them in the spring and have them spayed/neutered rabie shot. If I can't find a home for them I will continue to care for them. I do not take them to our local shelter because they will euthanize them.
Was this your first dog? I grew up with dogs and eventually went to cats. Only because I found one along the road, she was only 2 weeks old. She died last year, she was 17. And it seems like they keep finding me.
Well I go to work tomorrow so I will finish. I want to answer Lola's post.
Good night Maggie
Yes...that's me. Check back from time to time. I should have some updates from Aruba. I have just found out that 2 of my friends have booked flights to come down and visit for a week. WoooooHoooo!
Maggie

Ocean City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#131
Mar 12, 2014
 
Aunt Bea wrote:
<quoted text>I am probably clueless as to what Twitter is all about. I noticed Glen Beck and Sean Hannity were there. Do you say something to them and then they respond? Is twitter safe? There are a lot of loonie people out there and if they decide to stalk or something else weird, how safe are you?
Like I said I am not up on high tech.
I want to pass something on to you. Good reading, it' s a free publication from Hilldale College (Hillsdale, Michigan). I will give their link to you. You can also have it sent to your home.
http://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/current
Hillsdale College takes ZERO dollars from the government. Check them out....
Well I think I am going to sign off for the day
God bless and have a good evening and good day tomorrow..
Oh yeahhhh. Hillsdale College. Know all about it. You can take course on the constitution online.Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin talk about it all the time. I don't know Sean Hannity, but I do know Glenn Beck. I met him a long time ago in Frederick, Md, and saw him in Wilmington OH back in 2011. Wonderful time. Had breakfast with him and pizza at a local restaurant. He's awesome. It was a fun time. Check out Glenn's video "Unelectable 2008". It's great!
Maggie

Ocean City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#132
Mar 12, 2014
 
Maggie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeahhhh. Hillsdale College. Know all about it. You can take course on the constitution online.Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin talk about it all the time. I don't know Sean Hannity, but I do know Glenn Beck. I met him a long time ago in Frederick, Md, and saw him in Wilmington OH back in 2011. Wonderful time. Had breakfast with him and pizza at a local restaurant. He's awesome. It was a fun time. Check out Glenn's video "Unelectable 2008". It's great!
Go to my twitter and see Glenn at my brothers company picnic last July!
Maggie

Oranjestad, Aruba

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#135
Mar 16, 2014
 
Lola wrote:
I am not against the Robertson family,however I no longer watch the show.its not about it being scripted,all shows are.its about the sex talk and the alcohol endorsement .i don't teach this at church or at home.its confusing to the ppl watching my witness.I love The Lord and want to please him.have a beautiful blessed day.
I figured it out. Whoever is writing the show has completely ruined it. At the beginning it was really good. The ratings have plummeted and it's not because of what Phil said. The show stopped being funny and is now boring. I think this this the last seSon. It's just run it's course and I don't think the family really cares.
Lola

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#136
Mar 16, 2014
 
I agree ,it's not funny, it's a snore.they are out of ideas, or just done . Trying to live out the contract.saw the merchandise at wal mart in the clearance .wish they would put a good show on .reality shows are everywhere.
Maggie

Oranjestad, Aruba

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#137
Mar 17, 2014
 
Lola wrote:
I agree ,it's not funny, it's a snore.they are out of ideas, or just done . Trying to live out the contract.saw the merchandise at wal mart in the clearance .wish they would put a good show on .reality shows are everywhere.
Down here on the island, I don't have A&E on the channel lineup. I don't think the show would fly down here. A couple of my friends flew in yesterday because they just wanted to visit for a few days and they don't watch DD.

Did it snow yesterday where you are? I heard another storm came in last night. I hope all is well with you. God bless.
Lola

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138
Mar 17, 2014
 
We got about 4 inches of snow.crazy it was warm and sunny Saturday.its the last of it I hope.be blessed
Maggie

Oranjestad, Aruba

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#139
Mar 17, 2014
 
It'll melt fast now. I see it's going to warm up a bit this week. I think this has been the worst winter I can remember. The summer will probably be warmer than normal.

Glad to hear everything is ok with you.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wine Discussions

Search the Wine Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Polar vortex's silver lining: 'really, really g... Mon Nonfiction 1
October is Texas Wine Month Jul 23 Wino 1
Global Warming Is Making Australian Shiraz Less... Jul 14 SpaceBlues 1
Climate change signals the end of Australian sh... Jul 13 Weekend at Bernies 1
A glass of wine can keep tooth decay and a sore... (Jul '07) Jul 11 DrMSohl 5
Drink wine, fight cavities? (Apr '09) Jul 5 Montenegro 3
The king of wines Jul 4 Scorpio 1
•••
•••