10 Things to Do While Visiting Wythev...

10 Things to Do While Visiting Wytheville, Virginia

There are 54 comments on the Associated Content story from Dec 18, 2009, titled 10 Things to Do While Visiting Wytheville, Virginia. In it, Associated Content reports that:

Wytheville, Virginia is a tranquil southern town. It has around 8,000 residents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jerry

AOL

#1 Dec 23, 2009
1. Get run over by a drunk judge.

2. Get taken to court for being in front of the drunken judge.

3. Stop by the post office to get shot by someone else who just came from court with there head swimming.

3. Comp a bag from the county cops.

4. Go to china for a girl with the rest of the judges.

5. Talk about each other.

6. Halt progress.

7. Be part of the biggest STD drive since the 20's

8. Get caught in a speed trap.

9. Overdose with a county cop only you go to jail.

10. look for a way out
VampireGirl

United States

#2 Dec 23, 2009
Don't go to the post office!
Wayne Jiff

AOL

#3 Dec 23, 2009
VampireGirl wrote:
Don't go to the post office!
Yea, stay away from the post office unless you have a pizza.
adr

United States

#4 Dec 23, 2009
?
Hmm

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Dec 23, 2009
"Cute" thread - guess your dog doesn't need kicking tonight or you wouldn't have time to make light of such a serious and dangerous situation. I can only hope your family never have to suffer through a similar event, or perhaps you wouldn't find it nearly so humerous. Thank God all are safe and unharmed.
Marty

United States

#6 Dec 24, 2009
Is that town up there a nice place to live? Are southern peolpe welcome? If so, who builds a good house and where is a nice neighborhood?
Thank you very much!

Since: Apr 09

Saltville

#7 Dec 27, 2009
Also, dont ride through town after 11PM. I live near Saltville, so Wythville is not far away. One night I was just out riding around lost in my thoughts and ended up in Wythville. Now abit of background..I am not a teenager, hell I am knocking on 40 real fast. I am a family man who has never been in trouble with the law (cept for a few traffic tickets) I am a State employee etc. So anyways, I am going up mainstreet when I get blue lighted. I pull over and ask what is wrong, I am told to "hush, I am asking the questions" I am asked for my license, registration etc. asked what I was doing (I replied riding around) then was told that you could not ride around in town limits after 10pm. WOW, anyway, I pulled out after bieng "warned" and rode around some more, I was pulled over after 5 minutes and was told "thought I told you to leave town" to which I said 'yes you did, but i am doing nothing wrong and I can ride around if I want to. He then told me i had 2 minutes to hit the interstate or go to jail after a good ass kicking for resisting arrest. I took the hint and haven't been back to Wythville in along time.....although now that I have video on my cell phone perhaps it is time to cruise abit more....
Sick

AOL

#8 Dec 29, 2009
Marty wrote:
Is that town up there a nice place to live? Are southern peolpe welcome? If so, who builds a good house and where is a nice neighborhood?
Thank you very much!
Where is Lawndale?
old dog

Nashville, TN

#11 Mar 25, 2010
Wrath, Wytheville is paradise compared to Marion
Get Real

United States

#12 Mar 26, 2010
old dog wrote:
Wrath, Wytheville is paradise compared to Marion
Yeah right, I`d rather be in Marion. I went to college up there, you couldn`t give me a house there.
guy

Wytheville, VA

#13 Mar 29, 2010
I moved to wytheville two years ago and I really like it here. I like the small town atmosphere.
J Robertson

Boones Mill, VA

#15 Apr 5, 2010
yankster wrote:
#1 Get on your knees and thank God that you are only passing through on your way home to the beautiful and civilized northeast.
#2 Repeat #1 and also give thanks for not having car trouble and breaking down in this hole.
#3 Repeat #1 and #2 and add third prayer of thanks for having the foresight not to eat at local restaurants where you will be served by toothless, tattoo-covered servers who reek of cigarette smoke.
#4 Repeat #1,#2,#3 and when you realize Crappalachian towns are all the same, floor it and pray you don't get a ticket.
I never realized Jonesboro is the epicenter of culture, but I'm certainly glad you've found a place in "Crappalachia" that will have you. I'd imagine most of us would show you genuine Southern hospitality by helping you load your U Haul and aiming you up 81 anytime you'd like.

What a jerk!
yes sir

AOL

#16 Apr 7, 2010
wrathchild3777 wrote:
Also, dont ride through town after 11PM. I live near Saltville, so Wythville is not far away. One night I was just out riding around lost in my thoughts and ended up in Wythville. Now abit of background..I am not a teenager, hell I am knocking on 40 real fast. I am a family man who has never been in trouble with the law (cept for a few traffic tickets) I am a State employee etc. So anyways, I am going up mainstreet when I get blue lighted. I pull over and ask what is wrong, I am told to "hush, I am asking the questions" I am asked for my license, registration etc. asked what I was doing (I replied riding around) then was told that you could not ride around in town limits after 10pm. WOW, anyway, I pulled out after bieng "warned" and rode around some more, I was pulled over after 5 minutes and was told "thought I told you to leave town" to which I said 'yes you did, but i am doing nothing wrong and I can ride around if I want to. He then told me i had 2 minutes to hit the interstate or go to jail after a good ass kicking for resisting arrest. I took the hint and haven't been back to Wythville in along time.....although now that I have video on my cell phone perhaps it is time to cruise abit more....
The cops around here are gutless assholes. We have not had a legitimate sheriff department since way before pikes corrupt bunch of ass holes ruled the streets. Half the bunch is still in there holding down the fort fort his return I think. The rest got basically shown the road. What tickled me the most was when he quit his job as Sheriff then his little jerk off son ran and when he did not win pike came back got on the radio and vowed to finish his sheriff job and revenge upon wythe county. Hell when people ran against him his department ran around yanking up the signs building bond fires and partying all night around them. They were even caught red handed doing that. Bear in mind Doug King was picked straight out of pikes ass. Yes the cops her are a bunch of punk ass bitches with smart ass little mouths. I guess they sharpen their skills on their mothers or something because I've popped close to four of their little dick suckers for them and did my time with pride.
yes sir

AOL

#17 Apr 7, 2010
Hmm wrote:
"Cute" thread - guess your dog doesn't need kicking tonight or you wouldn't have time to make light of such a serious and dangerous situation. I can only hope your family never have to suffer through a similar event, or perhaps you wouldn't find it nearly so humerous. Thank God all are safe and unharmed.
Really, no wait do you really freaking even know where wytheville is? Have you been there? Are you for real? You got to be the mayor.
childrens home

Roanoke, VA

#18 Apr 29, 2010
i was sent to live in wytheville back in the early 90's at presbyterian children's home. it was a great place considering where i came from. i wonder whatever happen to everybody...the ones i remember...bobby lineberry...jaime godsey...eddie spencer..chris smith...antwan lake...kevin chandler...derrick??...catheri ne moore...marietta witcher..katie??..the twin sisters...we all had fun and learnd alot.
Hmm

Charlottesville, VA

#19 May 2, 2010
yes sir wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, no wait do you really freaking even know where wytheville is? Have you been there? Are you for real? You got to be the mayor.
Of course I know where Wytheville is - what a stupid question. Attended school there, matter of fact. Have lived in Wythe County most all my life. But to the point of my original post, I think it is most insensitive for someone to post such idiocy when there was a very real threat - this appeared the night of the hostage situation at the post office, and several Wythe Countians were in fear for their lives. Their families and friends were going through a gutwrenching nightmare, and some jackass decides to be cute? What had it been your mother that had been trapped inside? Funny then???

I'm not the mayor, just someone who has compassion and a brain larger than the size of a pea. See if you can pick one up at the IGA next time you're there, genius.
Shane is Gay

Charlottesville, VA

#20 May 2, 2010
Shane Funk, yes sir, Shane, etc.........is just a little punk that got his ass busted and now has an extreme distain toward authority. He says he beat up cops but an online record shows only misdemeanors which anything involving a cop would be a felony.
If Shane hates Wytheville so bad I'm sure his welfare, food stamp, Cardinal Card will transfer across the state.
He probably is one of those nasty ass neighbors you had to have that lay out and drinks Natural Light all the time and bitch when they offer NOTHING to the good of mankind
banam

AOL

#21 May 6, 2010
Shane is Gay wrote:
Shane Funk, yes sir, Shane, etc.........is just a little punk that got his ass busted and now has an extreme distain toward authority. He says he beat up cops but an online record shows only misdemeanors which anything involving a cop would be a felony.
If Shane hates Wytheville so bad I'm sure his welfare, food stamp, Cardinal Card will transfer across the state.
He probably is one of those nasty ass neighbors you had to have that lay out and drinks Natural Light all the time and bitch when they offer NOTHING to the good of mankind
You really have the wrong Shane I know a Shane but the one I know would not bother to respond to you or entertain such a mess as this one. The Shane I know has had his share of trouble but don't live in Wytheville. The Shane I know loved nothing but to fight with the cops since he was small. The only thing I can think of different about the shane's is the fact the one I know just really don't give a shit about anything other than himself. Its pretty safe to say and really stands to reason that you should pay him a visit for yourself, either of the three or so would take a bat to your head but the Shane I know would then hide you and get very much away with it. Yea, you would figure it out real quick. I'm pretty sure he is in the phone book in Montgomery CO. look him up.
The Shane Funk

AOL

#22 May 6, 2010
Shane is Gay wrote:
Yea I got it a long time ago. You should do a little homework and yes anything involving those bastards usually is a felony. Ha bitch I said it again I hate a cop. I hate cops. I hate cops. I hate cops. Now stop dragging me in your shit because I hate cops so bad I get ill discussing them.
Public Notice

AOL

#23 May 7, 2010
I would like to thank you for helping further education. On behalf of a very wonderfully, talented, young lady I would like to extend a warm thank you for helping build a strong foundation through research starting spring of 08. You role was more than helpful and played a huge role in forming a generalized thesis. At worse it has been one of the better social experiments I have heard of and my first to say the least. Best, only an opinion still better than worse was the help provided by comments generated over a two year period. The comments proved most helpful when held in contrast or better compared with small towns in close proximity. Towns power, misuse and/or abuse and the trust of its citizens including lower forms of government after the fact.
These factors all have a very significant pull on the direction a town is headed for long and short term. In return for your help and great sport, most of all the veracity up to this point, 16 hrs. of volunteer work and 3 days each of the two summers were spent cleaning local stream beds and public access points to the national forest in your area. Hopefully the streams and forest someday serves as a starting point for you as well. A finished and fully evaluated paper will be posted at a later date. Thank you all again and God bless the hard working people all over Wythe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Here's the best reason of all to drink organic ... Wed Serratus Anterior 1
How to give wine as a gift - when you know noth... (Dec '14) Aug 17 walid 31
News Weekend Wine: Shop at LCBO.com Aug 13 where r profits 1
News No TPP trade deal? Some Japanese farmers say al... Jul '16 tomin cali 1
Wine Events Jul '16 howefortunate 1
Diversity is White Genocide Jun '16 68h8gj6l7 1
News City wet vote is Tuesday Jun '16 Fact 11
More from around the web