could wine change your personality

Posted in the Wine Forum

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 23, 2012
Recently I worked on a documentary "AUM: You Are What You Drink" and it focused on a winemaker who feels his intention changes the molecular structure of wine. A link to the trailer for the film is below. What are your thoughts?

youtube{dot}com/theaumfilm
Bernard Continelli

New York, NY

#2 Dec 28, 2012
Weed surely can, depending upon the topic and one's personality too. And before one screams "O.T.!" let me add that I AM a wine lover SU-preme at (almost) age 56 despite the fact that I was practically "raised" on beer and then went through a 'Bogart' hard-liquor phase (usually Jim Beam bourbon).

When weed is suppressed (like it was in the 1980s) folks tend to become nastier (e.g. racist, homophobic, etc.) as opposed to when it becomes SO popular that "ordinary" folks are into it (i.e. not just hacky-sack hippies and 'urban' gansta-rappers, but Conan O'Brien / Jay Leno-caliber "geeks" too).

I've also noticed that when it's suppressed like it was in the '80s the vegetarians and vegans tend to get more militantly smug, but it seems that the more popular it's gotten recently the more these 'Jainist types' have evolved into omnivoric "locovores" who are still into natural and humane livestock raising methods, but now are strangely devoid of these "Gandhi-ist" tendencies. Personally I believe the latter is due to 'the munchies', more specifically a desire for "heavy", quality protein that isn't as pronounced without the weed.

Add wine to the picture too and they will be off to Outback Steak House before you know it !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mead, the honey-based brew producing a real buzz 12 hr Donny B 4
The Bridge liquor store opens in Big Y plaza (Dec '08) 14 hr Corky 12
Vintage Atlantic Wine Region to boost tourism, ... Sun AppHappy 1
Depardieu: 14 bottles of wine downed daily? Ger... Sep 19 Jeannettek 1
The Wall Street Journal: Baja California, in Me... Sep 7 Mike Fields 1
World of Wines: Make a road trip into Mexico's ... Sep 7 Mike Fields 1
Free Wine Tasting Tours Beat the Recession at C... (Apr '09) Sep 3 Peter Simmons 2
•••

Wine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••