Former penal colony still bustling

Former penal colony still bustling

There are 41 comments on the The Otago Daily Times story from Sep 20, 2011, titled Former penal colony still bustling. In it, The Otago Daily Times reports that:

Flanked by mountains and the sea, Hobart is Australia's most southern city. From late December to early January each year it becomes a maritime magnet, with yachts sailing across the finish line in the gruelling Sydney to Hobart race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Otago Daily Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
damien auksorius

Hobart, Australia

#1 Oct 17, 2011
we dont want hobart to end up like the mainland .its a well kept secret for now.

“With Attitude”

Since: Oct 09

#2 Oct 17, 2011
"Former penal colony still bustling"

~~~~{ cocks an eyebrow in confusion }~~~~ I thought all of australia was a former penal colony?
damien auksorius

Hobart, Australia

#3 Nov 7, 2011
we were a penal colony or convict colony and now look at hobart,ill retire here i think,its beauitiful.

Since: Apr 11

Roma, QLD

#4 Nov 7, 2011
DayStar wrote:

~~~~{ cocks an eyebrow in confusion }~~~~ I thought all of australia was a former penal colony?
Then you need to read up on your history a bit more, and probably work on your common sense.

Since: Feb 10

Australia

#5 Nov 7, 2011
DayStar wrote:
I'm not surprised at your confusion- I believe you posted a similar comment not long ago, did you forget?

we explained some australian history to you at that time - but I guess nobody can educate a dill. or a troll. which are you?

Since: Apr 07

Newtown, Australia

#6 Nov 7, 2011
DayStar wrote:
I guess the writer of the piece just brushed through Tasmanian history, and it does make Tassie sound a bit more exotic-after all, Canada is on the other side of the planet!

“With Attitude”

#7 Nov 7, 2011
Australian Bigot wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you need to read up on your history a bit more, and probably work on your common sense.
I've never been on an international cruise ship going from 1 country to another. Do they usually have all the passengers wear chains when sailing?

“With Attitude”

#8 Nov 7, 2011
Tiger7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised at your confusion- I believe you posted a similar comment not long ago, did you forget?
we explained some australian history to you at that time - but I guess nobody can educate a dill. or a troll. which are you?
Dill? Troll? Nope ~~ Im a traveling disser from Nirvana. My posts speak my ancient heritage. I travel the world and digital realms seeking to blow out the fires of hate, greed, and delusion, and seek emancipation from ignorance and the extinction of enlightenment.

Bet you can't do this ~~

daystardaystar

Australia

#9 Nov 7, 2011
DayStar wrote:
<quoted text>
Dill? Troll? Nope ~~ Im a traveling disser from Nirvana. My posts speak my ancient heritage. I travel the world and digital realms seeking to blow out the fires of hate, greed, and delusion, and seek emancipation from ignorance and the extinction of enlightenment.
Bet you can't do this ~~
daystardaystar
you havent managed to emancipate yourself from ignorance, keep trying and good luck.

competent research - bet you can't do that...

“With Attitude”

#10 Nov 7, 2011
Daseem472 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the writer of the piece just brushed through Tasmanian history, and it does make Tassie sound a bit more exotic-after all, Canada is on the other side of the planet!
I think australia has a lot.

Definitely has some of the coolest animals on earth.

“With Attitude”

#12 Nov 7, 2011
Tiger7 wrote:
<quoted text>
you havent managed to emancipate yourself from ignorance, keep trying and good luck.
competent research - bet you can't do that...
Texas wanted to re-write history, too. But everybody stopped them from doing it.

Australia

#13 Nov 7, 2011
DayStar wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas wanted to re-write history, too. But everybody stopped them from doing it.

texas the state? sorry, too obscure for me.

“With Attitude”

#14 Nov 7, 2011
XXX wrote:
<quoted text>
You on acid, lady?

Just kidding. I don't use drugs. If I used drugs could I do this ~~

(\_(\
(=':')
(,(')(')

“With Attitude”

#15 Nov 7, 2011
Tiger7 wrote:
<quoted text>
texas the state? sorry, too obscure for me.
Stare.
You blinked. I win.

Since: Apr 11

Roma, QLD

#16 Nov 7, 2011
DayStar wrote:
<quoted text>Dill? Troll? Nope ~~ I’m a traveling disser from Nirvana. My posts speak my ancient heritage. I travel the world and digital realms seeking to blow out the fires of hate, greed, and delusion, and seek emancipation from ignorance and the extinction of enlightenment.

Bet you can't do this ~~

•*¨*•.
º¤ø¸daystarº¤ø¸„dayst arº¤ø¸„
•*¨*•.
Seems like you're promoting hate and ignorance, you should probably look at how you are living out your philosophy through fresh eyes because you are doing pretty shit job at it.

“With Attitude”

#17 Nov 7, 2011
Australian Bigot wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like you're promoting hate and ignorance, you should probably look at how you are living out your philosophy through fresh eyes because you are doing pretty shit job at it.
You guys are just angry that you don't have a sense of humor. Plus because you can't do this ~~

..../\,/
...(=';'=).......
.../*&#9829;&#9829;*\. .......
.(.|.|..|.

“With Attitude”

#18 Nov 7, 2011
Oops, coding mess-up. Try again.

..../\,/
...(=';'=).......
.../****\.
.(.|.|..|.

“With Attitude”

#19 Nov 7, 2011
Heck ~~ why can't I do cats right? Try a dog.

.//^^\\
(/(__)\)
._/''*''\_
(,,,)^(,,,

“With Attitude”

#21 Nov 7, 2011
There we go ~~ snoopy.

..//^^\\
(/(__)\)
._/''*''\_
(,,,)^(,,,

“With Attitude”

#23 Nov 7, 2011
My grill work disappeared ~~ so if you're wondering, it suppose to be a truck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Experience the best of Sydney Aug 3 duck goose 1
News Wine on the Mountain draws big crowds Jul 31 Sherbet 1
News Man suspected of bizarre Vallejo kidnapping tha... Jul '15 lux 21
News Mercera s dishes up wine ice cream at Fancy Foo... Jul '15 Sad 2
How to give wine as a gift - when you know noth... (Dec '14) Jun '15 yasmenabdallah 6
News Wine and cheese fundraiser for Oakville's Radiu... Jun '15 fund raizer 1
News DNA Test Results Are In for KFC 'Deep-Fried Rat' Jun '15 Buybull Mullahs 20
More from around the web