Jardin du Nil, wines from Egypt's Nile Valley

Sep 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Tom Cannavan's Wine Pages

I am opening this article on the wines of Jardin du Nil with an apology. Three years ago I reviewed a range of wines from Sahara Vineyards in Egypt.

Comments
1 - 20 of 38 Comments Last updated Sep 24, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I am here for a laugh ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Actually its really good
Lena

Canberra, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Marshal Tantawy wrote:
Actually its really good
u drink wine marshal?? ayaya thats haram, i myself dont drink
MENAgirl

Cairo, Egypt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

He could be a wine taster and never swallow:) He might not be Muslim!

Personally, I don't drink alcohol, but I don't go so far as to refuse to use real vanilla in recipes and stuff. The fake stuff is vile. That is my boundary, though.

Plenty of Muslims do things that are haram. Unfortunately the use of alcohol leads to a lot of other haram things which is why it is good to have boundaries.

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Lena wrote:
<quoted text>
u drink wine marshal?? ayaya thats haram, i myself dont drink
When I become an old man and start praying , maybe then I will quit , but anyway I only drink in occasions like new years eve or big parties with friends .

I still will never try your bacon Lena , I am fine with your greek wine though , anytime fill my cup girl but keep your bacon out of sight =)

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

MENAgirl wrote:
He could be a wine taster and never swallow:) He might not be Muslim!
Personally, I don't drink alcohol, but I don't go so far as to refuse to use real vanilla in recipes and stuff. The fake stuff is vile. That is my boundary, though.
Plenty of Muslims do things that are haram. Unfortunately the use of alcohol leads to a lot of other haram things which is why it is good to have boundaries.
My parents are Muslims so I guess I should be regarded as a muslim to , in my Egyptian ID it written down there that I am a muslim .

Again I dont have much affection for religion, its not really that attractive.
Lena

Canberra, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
When I become an old man and start praying , maybe then I will quit , but anyway I only drink in occasions like new years eve or big parties with friends .
I still will never try your bacon Lena , I am fine with your greek wine though , anytime fill my cup girl but keep your bacon out of sight =)
ok, drink to yr hearts desire, now bacon is da best lol

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Lena wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, drink to yr hearts desire, now bacon is da best lol
oh yeah right , Halal balady Egyptian meat is the best niyahahaha
MENAgirl

Cairo, Egypt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents are Muslims so I guess I should be regarded as a muslim to , in my Egyptian ID it written down there that I am a muslim .
Again I dont have much affection for religion, its not really that attractive.
Just don't go doing anything stupid and un-Islamic while screaming things in Arabic or Islam will get blamed for it!

Take care. Pray, you may not get to be old! A truck filled with family members coming home from a family funeral was in a collision and we lost about 12 young men in one day. Who needs wars, we have Egyptian auto safety standards and drivers to worry about!

I understand 50 is about the age when guys like you start praying and 60 they get serious.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

MENAgirl wrote:
<quoted text>Just don't go doing anything stupid and un-Islamic while screaming things in Arabic or Islam will get blamed for it!
Take care. Pray, you may not get to be old! A truck filled with family members coming home from a family funeral was in a collision and we lost about 12 young men in one day. Who needs wars, we have Egyptian auto safety standards and drivers to worry about!
I understand 50 is about the age when guys like you start praying and 60 they get serious.
You are not Egyptian, nor are you a real muslim. The savages do not regard you as being so either. It is all an obvious affectation. It makes you look silly. The muslims must laugh at you behind your back. Call your mother and tell her you are sorry and you want to come home.

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

MENAgirl wrote:
<quoted text>Just don't go doing anything stupid and un-Islamic while screaming things in Arabic or Islam will get blamed for it!
LOL no I dont go that far , anyway good piece of advice thank you , I will try working out on that.

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>You are not Egyptian, nor are you a real muslim. The savages do not regard you as being so either. It is all an obvious affectation. It makes you look silly. The muslims must laugh at you behind your back. Call your mother and tell her you are sorry and you want to come home.
cut the drama dog with all due respect to dogs .
AntididonAi

Courbevoie, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>You are not Egyptian, nor are you a real muslim. The savages do not regard you as being so ..........
.. and who should care about what sagages would think ?,
.. how often a principle was born somewhere and grew somehere else ?,
.. those who have embraced a principle (e.g religion) would not care who thinks what about their relationship with what they beleive in,
.. for those who need to consult their 'dogs' of what to do, need not to apply,

Best Regards
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

AntididonAi wrote:
<quoted text>
.. and who should care about what sagages would think ?,
.. how often a principle was born somewhere and grew somehere else ?,
.. those who have embraced a principle (e.g religion) would not care who thinks what about their relationship with what they beleive in,
.. for those who need to consult their 'dogs' of what to do, need not to apply,
Best Regards
The Western world has no use for degenerate, amoral muslims. You do not fit in to our societies and will never be accepted.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Best regards.
AntididonAi

Courbevoie, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>The Western world has no use for degenerate, amoral muslims. You do not fit in to our societies and will never be accepted.
... that what you think, or what the dog has told you .

cordialment,
MENAgirl

Cairo, Egypt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

I think that for some, the only real Muslims are bombing and suicide missioning. Therefore, there are maybe 1000 real Muslims in the world and the rest of us are just players. . . or something. Whatever.
AntididonAi

Courbevoie, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

?

Best Regards,

“I am here for a laugh ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

AntididonAi wrote:
<quoted text>
cordialment,
she is a hillbilly that lives in an isolated village , not the type of person to take seriously, half of what she says is under weed effect.
Lena

Canberra, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

AntididonAi wrote:
<quoted text>
cordialment,
wow the dog talks to her? LOOOL
how r u M
AntididonAi

Courbevoie, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Marshal Tantawy wrote:
<quoted text>
she is a hillbilly that lives in an isolated village , not the type of person to take seriously, half of what she says is under weed effect.
.. she is mas'khara, and her comments are for ha ha ha,
.. good thing about her is : she never claims her says are after any ideology,,...'just because' type of talking, and that is it,
.. when someone once asked her : how are you ?, her answer was : how am I ?????!, I am an American !!,
and that was when I knew she is mas'khara,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••