Made in Michigan: The Thanksgiving table

Nov 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WZZM-TV Grand Rapids

Let's start with the adult beverages. In Buchanan, Michigan, Tabor Hill Vineyards has won nationwide recognition for it's wines.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2012

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Let's talk turkey here.....we got a 19 pounder, as my wife's really a good cook, in fact turkey curry days later is actually my favorite...i only have to do cranberry sauce...So how big of turkey's do you prefer....Also, i have always wondered, why we only have it, once a year....?
Sassy

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

I too have a 20lb turkey that came from Michigan.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Let's talk turkey here.....we got a 19 pounder, as my wife's really a good cook, in fact turkey curry days later is actually my favorite...i only have to do cranberry sauce...So how big of turkey's do you prefer....Also, i have always wondered, why we only have it, once a year....?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking about turkey, have you ever been to Strongbows restaurant, in Valporiso, Indiana? They have a huge turky farm, and when i was younger, driving between Chicago and Gand Haven, we used to stop there for dinners....
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Go Blue Forever wrote:
I have no idea how big the bird will be as we will be at the in-laws this afternoon. Over-cooked turkey, lumpy gravy, and a father in law that smokes like a chimney while cussing out the Lions isn't my idea of fun.

I only look forward to sitting down at my own home for Friday's meal which is going to be corned beef and cabbage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea how big the bird will be as we will be at the in-laws this afternoon. Over-cooked turkey, lumpy gravy, and a father in law that smokes like a chimney while cussing out the Lions isn't my idea of fun.
I only look forward to sitting down at my own home for Friday's meal which is going to be corned beef and cabbage.
..That's funny....plus Houston will likely cream the Lions too....i have an evil stepmother, that used to overcook everything....her salmon patties were horrid....at least for you, friday's lookin better....
Ginger

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I let loose a 20 psi turkey fart.

Now that the house is cleared I can relax and watch the rest of the game in peace.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>..That's funny....plus Houston will likely cream the Lions too....i have an evil stepmother, that used to overcook everything....her salmon patties were horrid....at least for you, friday's lookin better....
Wasn't that 81 yard touchdown a great play........ Daddy dropped so many F-Bombs he had all three of us son-in-laws doing the ROFLMAO routine the rest of the afternoon.

On an even better note, overtime meant that dinner was mostly cold by the time we were allowed to eat it. It made for the perfect excuse to take a pass on most everything and make a quick exit for home......

After stopping for a real meal on the way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Really hoped, the Lion's could have hung on and won....Alway's good, to see the Cowboys and especially the Jets get hammered....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wine Discussions

Search the Wine Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Duck Dynasty' wine: Will Bible Belt fans approve? (Nov '13) Sun Lola 259
October is Texas Wine Month Jul 23 Wino 1
Global Warming Is Making Australian Shiraz Less... Jul 14 SpaceBlues 1
Climate change signals the end of Australian sh... Jul 13 Weekend at Bernies 1
A glass of wine can keep tooth decay and a sore... (Jul '07) Jul 11 DrMSohl 5
Drink wine, fight cavities? (Apr '09) Jul 5 Montenegro 3
The king of wines Jul 4 Scorpio 1
•••
•••