Rebels and Bondoleros Tour: Skynyrd, ...

Rebels and Bondoleros Tour: Skynyrd, ZZ Top haven't lost touch

There are 7 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 24, 2011, titled Rebels and Bondoleros Tour: Skynyrd, ZZ Top haven't lost touch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Two Rock and Roll Hall of Fame groups, Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top , have teamed up on the Rebels and Bandoleros tour to go back in time, and they took the fans who grew up with them partying like it was the 1970s and 1980s again.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

HilliardMom

Columbus, OH

#2 May 25, 2011
I too agree that Skynyrd stole the show. We went as a family and by far my teenage girls were some of the youngest members of the crowd. My only disappointment of the night was that the only God & Guns song they played was Skynyrd Nation. I love the old stuff but the God & Guns cd has some great stuff too
Observer

Brinkhaven, OH

#3 May 25, 2011
Gary is way right here, that other opening act, Terry whats-his-name was awful!
maddog

Columbus, OH

#4 May 25, 2011
If I have to listen to another band pontificate about god and guns -like Lynyrd Skynyrd did last night , I think I'll puke.

Thank you, ZZ Top!
MR H M

Westerville, OH

#5 May 25, 2011
What would it be like if the Stones went on tour with Ron Wood and four random guys? This act calling themselves Lynyrd Skynyrd should be sued for copyright infringement.
Buzzy

Columbus, OH

#6 May 25, 2011
Great show!!
Michael bevins

Strongsville, OH

#7 May 26, 2011
Allthough they didnt let Terry include the Gears Terry Davidson still rocked the house as always..

“natasfonos@ymail .com”

Since: Jul 10

natasfonos@ymail.com

#8 Aug 29, 2012
Skynyrd is just a tribute band. There's what, one original member left? The name should be retired and the musicians should try it on their own merits instead of riding on coattails.

Just my notso humble opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ZZ Top Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Taking the wraps off the art of ZZ Top Jul 14 lhud 1
What ZZ Top song was this/ crossed or cross to ... (Jul '07) May '15 gregor 12
zz top international fan club (Mar '12) Mar '15 Lifetime T 10
News Guitar legend Jeff Beck rules the night at L.A.... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Crashnburn70819 1
ZZ Top Eliminator Tour 1983 jersey for sale (Jul '14) Jul '14 GedeonGedi 1
News CMT Music Awards features some very weird momen... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Xstain Mullah Decree 1
News ZZ Top Founder Dies, Age 64 (Feb '13) Feb '14 L Hudson 2
More from around the web